//

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Experiences before your IP's, where did you start your first steps in the field?
Dreaddisk
post Aug 16 2016, 09:45 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,898

Hi guys. I'm currently studying in Miami Dade College my major in Game Development. I wanted to know to all the developers here, how and where did you start before creating your IP's?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Aug 16 2016, 05:15 PM
Post #2

Group: Developers
Member No.: 3

Hi there,

That's a question that would really take long to answer if I went into details or told the whole story. The short version is that we started off modding in the 90's, stuff like DOOM and Quake 3. This activity gradually developed bigger projects and with this the possibility of doing commercial games. We worked on another game studio before turning ACE in to a professional game studio.

Our first game, Zeno Clash, was already an original IP. Consider the industry was quite different way back when we were starting, but today it's definitely easier to start your indie studio and get games published than it was back then.

If you have any specific questions just let us know. Will be glad to answer.

+Quote Post
tschumann
post Aug 17 2016, 06:04 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 283

There are a few details on the ACE Team blog: http://forums.aceteam.cl/index.php?autocom...mp;showentry=30
It looks like the Youtube links don't work any more though...

+Quote Post
Dreaddisk
post Aug 26 2016, 09:57 PM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,898

QUOTE (Andres Bordeu @ Aug 16 2016, 05:15 PM) *
Hi there,

That's a question that would really take long to answer if I went into details or told the whole story. The short version is that we started off modding in the 90's, stuff like DOOM and Quake 3. This activity gradually developed bigger projects and with this the possibility of doing commercial games. We worked on another game studio before turning ACE in to a professional game studio.

Our first game, Zeno Clash, was already an original IP. Consider the industry was quite different way back when we were starting, but today it's definitely easier to start your indie studio and get games published than it was back then.

If you have any specific questions just let us know. Will be glad to answer.

Hi. That was pretty interesting thing. I'm still studying and introducing in C++. I want to take more expertise in Java and the other C's (C and C#) that would make me more valuable in the companies. I would love to know more about the ACEteam and other developers that you know. there are game studios that do conventions in Chile?

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Aug 31 2016, 03:52 PM
Post #5

Group: Developers
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Dreaddisk @ Aug 26 2016, 10:57 PM) *
Hi. That was pretty interesting thing. I'm still studying and introducing in C++. I want to take more expertise in Java and the other C's (C and C#) that would make me more valuable in the companies. I would love to know more about the ACEteam and other developers that you know. there are game studios that do conventions in Chile?

Conventions in Chile are generally focused to local development and/or marketing. Not sure how valuable they could be for someone from abroad. 'Festigame' (http://festigame.com/cl/) is the biggest video game related event that takes place in Chile, but it's mostly so that big companies can show off their games to the Chilean market. There are some side activities, but most of the development oriented presentations take place at universities (i.e. game jams) in smaller activities around the year.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 06:27 PM