Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Zeno Clash: UE (XBLA) is out NOW!
ZenoClash
post May 5 2010, 11:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Developers
Member No.: 158

Zeno Clash: Ultimate Edition for XBox Live Arcade is available for purchasing NOW! cool.gif

Tell you friends & family (And all those people playing the Halo Reach Beta). Nothing like punching a mutant bird in the face to take a break from shooting Spartans!

Don't forget to give us a nice 5 star rating so we can sell more copies and calmly work on Zeno Clash 2 wink.gif

View the full article
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gentleman
post May 6 2010, 03:10 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 739

Hmm, might try the demo.

--------------------
Zeno Clash 2!

+Quote Post
DemonicLemon
post May 6 2010, 10:47 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,133

I wish I had an xbox sad.gif

+Quote Post
Falchion729
post May 11 2010, 10:09 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,649

It's BS how GameTrailers gave this game a 7.9, they seemed like they didn't even know what the controls were, or how the game mechanics play out.

Digital Chumps gave it an 8, I agree with most of what they say, the repetitiveness of the game (all it is is punching people, plus an on rails segment) and a cut and dry story, which is expected seeing that the characters in total maybe speak about 3 pages total worth of words, but what other game features a story with a hermaphrodite?

Seeing that the average score all around is about a high 77 on Metacritic, I'll have to disagree slightly, more of an 8.5 in my opinion, but for an XBLA game its pretty damn good, let alone mentioning the fact that it was created by an Indie developer.

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post May 12 2010, 04:28 PM
Post #5

Group: Developers
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Falchion729 @ May 11 2010, 10:09 PM) *
It's BS how GameTrailers gave this game a 7.9, they seemed like they didn't even know what the controls were, or how the game mechanics play out.

Digital Chumps gave it an 8, I agree with most of what they say, the repetitiveness of the game (all it is is punching people, plus an on rails segment) and a cut and dry story, which is expected seeing that the characters in total maybe speak about 3 pages total worth of words, but what other game features a story with a hermaphrodite?

Seeing that the average score all around is about a high 77 on Metacritic, I'll have to disagree slightly, more of an 8.5 in my opinion, but for an XBLA game its pretty damn good, let alone mentioning the fact that it was created by an Indie developer.

Zeno Clash is a very different game - not all people will like it. It's just too unusual for some. We have learned to accept that the game will have polarized reviews.

I honestly believe Metacritic scores mean less for a game like this than more 'standard' games. Most game reviews rely too much on comparing games with others of the same genre. Zeno Clash is too far off when compared to any FPS game. I'm not saying reviews aren't valid (not at all... they still have a lot to offer) - but they are more subjective here than in other cases.

Think of a game like 'The Void'. I wouldn't discard or accept it based on what reviewers thought of this game... it's just too unique and different for me to judge it based on other people's opinion.

+Quote Post
Falchion729
post May 12 2010, 10:18 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 2,649

Yeah that's all true, but the fact that a game can't really be compared to another one, a game that is very unique and different from the rest, should earn extra points because it's something it isn't just another shooter, just another space sidescroller, etc. I'm just complaining about Gametrailers because they dedicate the majority of their points on originality.

Reviews in general are about who you can relate to the most. Some sites appeal to a certain crowd while another appeals to a different audience.

Speaking about uniqueness, where did you guys get your influence for Zeno Clash from, like, the weirdness of it?

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 05:55 PM