Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Official ZC Reviews Thread!, ...all reviews posted here...
Carlos Bordeu
post Apr 19 2009, 04:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Developers
Member No.: 4

PC Gamer - 8.4 [July 2009, p.78]
Review quote: "A completely welcome contrast to anything you've ever played, supported by the most intense first-person fisticuffs we've seen in a game."

AceGamez - 9.0
Review quote: Zeno Clash is a sterling example of how to make a game. Graphics, sound and gameplay merge perfectly to make this more of an experience than just a game.

Rock-Paper-Shotgun - 4 out of 4 thumbs up (minor spoilers)
Review quote: "Only a dangerous idiot wouldn’t enjoy it."

IGN - 8.4 (minor spoilers)
Review quote: "Zeno Clash sticks with you long after you play it, and that's a compliment many games aspire to have associated with them."

Eurogamer - 8/10
Review quote: "As it is, Zeno Clash remains a fantastically involving and solid fighting game, enhanced by being set in one of the most imaginative and beautiful universes in the medium."

Firing Squad - 8.9/10 (minor spoilers)
Review quote: "Featuring some of the best melee combat ever in a first person game, Zeno Clash is one of the first really unique games to come out for any platform in a long time."

Destructoid - 7/10 - very positive (minor spoilers)
Review quote: "I predict that anyone who preordered this game will be happy with their purchase, and if you haven’t picked it up yet, I would strongly consider it."

vgchartz - 8.4/10 (minor spoilers)
Review quote: "Overall, this game is phenomenal. There are very few games that I can say I simply enjoyed it so much I want to play it over and over again."

HorrorStyle - 90/100 (minor spoilers)
Review quote: "ACE team goes far beyond the distinctive art style. Instead of the conventional shooting-as-always, they developed the first-person combo-based melee system that is not only refreshing, but it works surprisingly well too."

Hellbored - 8.9/10
Review quote: "Zeno Clash is what a future cult favourite looks like. With a wickedly brutal melee engine, and some jaw-dropping visual design, this gorgeously demented indie brawler is short but sweet."

Cheat Code Central - 4.4/5
Review quote: "A combination of exciting, refreshing gameplay and the incredibly outlandish setting and characters really make Zeno Clash a standout game. It has all the style and pizzazz of a big budget production, but it's far more disturbing and creative than you're average release."

Resolution-Magazine - 83%
Review quote: "Very few first-person games manage to pull off these melee-orientated fisticuffs with any real success. Zeno Clash absolutely nails it."

TigSource - 10/10!
Review quote: "The fact that it actually invites comparison between itself and major mainstream titles is a measure of its own worth."

Indie Games, The Weblog - Very positive
Review quote: "Zeno Clash is just plain brutal and quite brilliant."

The Reticule - Very positive
Review quote: "Zeno Clash is mental. It’s by and far the most bonkers game I’ve ever played."

The Dead Pixel Post - Very Positive
Review quote: "In much the same way that the Half-Life series deviates the players attentions from its limited walls, Zeno Clash uses corridor shooting to its advantage, opening it up with fantastical set-pieces and a creativity of design that puts most other developers to shame."

ModDB - Very positive (minor spoilers)
Review quote: "If you're up for a high quality challenging melee experience Zeno Clash is a must buy."

Tech Olive - 8/10
Review quote: "As far as indie games go, Zeno Clash has raised the bar."

Bit-Tech.net - 8/10 (minor spoilers)
Review quote: "It’s worth bearing in mind that it’s the character design and artwork that’s the centrepiece of Zeno Clash"

That Videogame Blog - Positive (minor spoilers)
Review quote: "When it comes down to combat Zeno Clash shines in the hand to hand fighting."

Big Download - Very positive (minor spoilers)
Review quote: "Zeno Clash is magnificent, and whether or not this review is the first time you have heard of it or the capstone of you keeping up on the game, it's a game that you should play. It's a game that everyone should play."

Giant Bomb - 4/5 (minor spoilers)
Review quote: "If you're a fan of first-person action and truly offbeat, unpredictable games, head to your nearest Steam client and check this one out. I'd love to see what ACE Team can do with a bigger budget next time around."

GamersInfo.net - Very positive
Review quote: All in all, I had a blast playing Zeno Clash. It’s the most amazing game you’ll ever play — OK, maybe not. But it’s very good, so it makes you think you’re playing the best game out there. I recommend this to anyone who doesn’t have a fear of NOT being able to take down an enemy with an auto-shotgun.

Gameolio - 9 / 10
Review quote: "Graphically this game is outstanding. The use of Source Engine modified with updated shaders, has a quality that meets, and in some cases, surpasses many commercial FPS of today. Source has never looked so good, a smart move on the developers behalf. (It's a wonder Valve hasn't taken a leaf out of Ace Team's book and updated all their Source games with the new additions to breath a little more life into it, hint hint)"

French Reviews

FactorNews - 7/10

NoFrag

JeuxVideo.com - 14/20

German Reviews

Extreme-players.de - 8.6

Half Life Portal

Gamecaptian.de - 75%

Norway Reviews

Gamer.no - 7/10
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
M.S.
post Apr 19 2009, 04:53 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 198

Weeeeeeeeeh biggrin.gif ! I'll spread the word.

+Quote Post
HorrorStyle.com
post Apr 20 2009, 05:59 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 304

Rock Paper Shotgun Review- that was an entertaining read!

--------------------

+Quote Post
M.S.
post Apr 21 2009, 02:42 AM
Post #4

You should bump the thread when new reviews are posted =).

+Quote Post
Shua
post Apr 21 2009, 07:37 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 29

For french reviews : Factornews and NoFrag !

+Quote Post
*VeLeRoN*
post Apr 21 2009, 09:11 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18

Mais c'est avant tout pour son ambiance qu'on aime Zeno Clash : pour seulement 16 euros, le jeu vous plonge durant trois heures dans un univers onirique et une histoire digne d'un conte de fée. Il faut cependant avoir gardé une âme d'enfant pour apprécier.

Hmm, I'm not sure everyone here qualifies smile.gif

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Apr 21 2009, 10:03 AM
Post #7

Hellbored - 8.9/10
Review quote: "Zeno Clash is what a future cult favourite looks like. With a wickedly brutal melee engine, and some jaw-dropping visual design, this gorgeously demented indie brawler is short but sweet."

+Quote Post
M.S.
post Apr 21 2009, 10:05 AM
Post #8

When are you expecting the reviews from the 'official' sites, like IGN?

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Apr 21 2009, 10:08 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (M.S. @ Apr 21 2009, 10:05 AM) *
When are you expecting the reviews from the 'official' sites, like IGN?

Soon... don't know exactly when... but hopefully soon. Gamespot and Kotaku have not signed up for a press review yet angry.gif

+Quote Post
*VeLeRoN*
post Apr 21 2009, 10:16 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

What I can't wait for - MC; really scary, if you know what I mean. biggrin.gif

Factornews:
"Zeno Clash mérite qu'on mette la main à la poche. Un vrai petit coup de cœur pour lequel on veut voir une suite."

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Apr 21 2009, 10:30 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (*VeLeRoN* @ Apr 21 2009, 10:16 AM) *
What I can't wait for - MC; really scary, if you know what I mean. biggrin.gif

Factornews:
"Zeno Clash mérite qu'on mette la main à la poche. Un vrai petit coup de cœur pour lequel on veut voir une suite."

Translate please! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
*VeLeRoN*
post Apr 21 2009, 10:47 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Carlos Bordeu @ Apr 21 2009, 06:30 PM) *

I hope we have native speakers here who will be able to translate it; it's so french, about heart strokes you want to see sequels of... lol, I can't do it.

+Quote Post
Shua
post Apr 21 2009, 10:58 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 29

QUOTE (Carlos Bordeu @ Apr 21 2009, 04:30 PM) *

It means : I loved and I want a Zeno Clash 2 !

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Apr 21 2009, 11:04 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (Shua @ Apr 21 2009, 10:58 AM) *
It means : I loved and I want a Zeno Clash 2 !

Hahaha... glad you did smile.gif

Promote it then! wink.gif No Zeno Clash 2 without enough support for ZC1 tongue.gif

+Quote Post
HorrorStyle.com
post Apr 21 2009, 11:32 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 304

QUOTE (Carlos Bordeu @ Apr 21 2009, 03:30 PM) *

http://translate.google.com/

"Zeno Clash worth putting their hands in their pockets. A real blow of heart for which you want to see a sequel."
Yeah, so basically it means they loved Zeno Clash and they can't wait for ZC2 tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Apr 21 2009, 03:57 PM
Post #16

New Review:

The Dead Pixel Post - Very Positive
Review quote: "In much the same way that the Half-Life series deviates the players attentions from its limited walls, Zeno Clash uses corridor shooting to its advantage, opening it up with fantastical set-pieces and a creativity of design that puts most other developers to shame."

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Apr 21 2009, 04:50 PM
Post #17

Another overall positive one:

That Videogame Blog - Positive (minor spoilers)
Review quote: "When it comes down to combat Zeno Clash shines in the hand to hand fighting."

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Apr 21 2009, 06:35 PM
Post #18

A new great review wink.gif

HorrorStyle - 90/100 (minor spoilers)
Review quote: "ACE team goes far beyond the distinctive art style. Instead of the conventional shooting-as-always, they developed the first-person combo-based melee system that is not only refreshing, but it works surprisingly well too."

+Quote Post
Thomasorus
post Apr 21 2009, 07:38 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 141

Carlos :

Nofrag -> Zeno Clash is a small and fresh game that does not look like any other FPS. The melee system is exelent but a bit confuse because of the first person view. But that's fot his ambiance that we love zeno clash : for only 16 euros, the game puts you during 3 hours in an onirical universe and a story that sounds like a fairy taile. But to appreciate it, you have to have kept a child mind.

Factornews -> Zeno clash does not looks like the first game of Ace Team, team that we can tell is talentend. A fresh and original game, with a pretty story and well told and an ending that is good enough for the game. It will not be the taste of everyone, but for the curiosity and the small amont of euros it is sold, Zeno Clash deserve that you buy it. A very "Coup de coeur" that deserve a second episode.

Sorry about strange translation, that's the best I could translate in 5 minutes. Nofrag is often hard during their tests and in fact that's the first time they are so kind during a test. I suppose you really transported them.

CanardPC will not give you a good rate I think, they are very critical and proffessional so they will say what is not good in (and some people already did it, talking about the lack of real adventure, the rythm very broken, and some other things, all feel that the game have potential but is lacking of some elements, "not enough" but they perhaps forget you were a small company) and I think will wait for a second episode (they did the same thing for penumbra, I mean they liked the first ep, loved the second one because devs corrected all the problems).

I'll translate you their review the first may. wink.gif

+Quote Post
*VeLeRoN*
post Apr 21 2009, 08:15 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Thanks for those translations, Thomasorus!

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: