Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Patch notes for console update?
Seraphis Cain
post Sep 23 2014, 12:30 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,287

So I noticed that an update was released for the console versions (or at least the PS3 version, don't know about 360). First off, thank you thank you thank you, ACE Team! biggrin.gif Really happy that you guys decided to give us at least one patch (and I don't expect any more, this far from release). However, I haven't seen any sort of patch notes or even any sort of discussion of the update at all. Could someone maybe detail what was added/changed in the update? I know Nightmare Mode and the friendly fire toggle are in, but is there anything else that was added/fixed?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Sep 23 2014, 10:04 AM
Post #2

Group: Developers
Member No.: 3

Sorry, I wasn't sure when the PS3 update was going live, so I hadn't mentioned anything about it. Thanks for letting us know about it. Now that it is up here's the list of changes for this version:

-Games features toggleable friendly fire.
-Added new difficulty mode: 'Nightmare'.
-Fixed soul pickups that were spawning at invalid locations after completing a challenge level.

+Quote Post
lion0fsparta
post Sep 25 2014, 07:03 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,335

hi
biggrin.gif
QUOTE (Andres Bordeu @ Sep 23 2014, 10:04 AM) *
Sorry, I wasn't sure when the PS3 update was going live, so I hadn't mentioned anything about it. Thanks for letting us know about it. Now that it is up here's the list of changes for this version:

-Games features toggleable friendly fire.
-Added new difficulty mode: 'Nightmare'.
-Fixed soul pickups that were spawning at invalid locations after completing a challenge level.

Well now Im sure you all remeber me. And now that my beard has grown to the floor I see an update for ps3. mmm. Well lets stop the souls from glitching into the floor and mid air. Then lets make the warklock soul obtainable. Seems my copy is stuck in bullshit mode and that should be a togglable option. 360 version should be updated soon hopefully. I know a bunch of moderators who enjoy reading these fanboys reactions.. Everybody i know argrees that what is allowed to be posted reflects the nature of the developers, otherwise it would be removed . is this true? I also know some high people in high places, who also have seen my posts. And are waitng to see this literary note picked apart again, and again as we all laugh. So now lets be civil. If there are an update for the 360 is there any way to tell all of us here now when? A simple question, for the developers only. Sere and quanrian seem to know how to handle customer relations. GREAT JOB AND THANKS to both of you.
This time all eyes are on you.
SINCERELY YOUR BEST PAL, CLAN LEADER, LION 0F SPARTA.

+Quote Post
Alaisiagae
post Oct 2 2014, 08:51 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 13,314

I can confirm that the patch didn't fix the bug where Warlock Journal Page 9 doesn't drop when you defeat the Living Creature. dry.gif

Also, is there a reason that the Mimic and Pudutar Knight don't have down+triangle (for PS3) moves?

EDIT: but thanks for the patch to fix the souls getting stuck in the environment. I'm a little bummed the turning friendly fire off removes leaderboard progress/contribution to defeating warlock. Feels quite punitive.

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Oct 3 2014, 08:34 AM
Post #5

Not all of the PC updates have been ported to the PS3 build, so there are a few missing features. We've had to work on two separate 'depots' ever since the game entered the first submission and it's always complicated to move changes in between versions.

+Quote Post
SecretSkeleton
post Oct 18 2014, 08:06 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 13,388

I would be very pleased to see the PS3 version updated similarly to the PC version. I also really appreciated the last update--I didn't really need the friend-fire options, but the other two changes were put to good use.

I have played the game about as much as I can right now and I still can't find the Warlock's Journal #9. I came out here to see what that was about, and seem to have discovered that its not actually in the PS3 version. I have spent quite a lot of time trying to find that particular item...
at least I wound up with that.

Subsequently, I'm really good at the game.

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Oct 20 2014, 08:46 AM
Post #7

Unfortunately is unlikely that we'll further patch the PS3 version given the complexities involved in the process. I think Page 9 has an issue that we already addressed in PC. Basically you have to defeat the Gryphon, and there's a small chance you'll get it. It recommend you don't pursue it given the problems it already presents.

+Quote Post
Iodyde
post Oct 28 2014, 10:52 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 13,394

QUOTE (Andres Bordeu @ Oct 20 2014, 08:46 AM) *
Unfortunately is unlikely that we'll further patch the PS3 version given the complexities involved in the process. I think Page 9 has an issue that we already addressed in PC. Basically you have to defeat the Gryphon, and there's a small chance you'll get it. It recommend you don't pursue it given the problems it already presents.
Yikes! That's really unfortunate...

I was just about to buy this on PSN, where it's currently on sale, but figured I'd take a look around first. Between this thread, and others I've read on here, I'm glad I did...

I understand where you guys are coming from, but, well... it's pretty disheartening to hear someone supposedly on the development team, talk about a known bug and say "Well, sorry, you bought it on the wrong platform. Nothing we can do."

I still think your game looks neat, but I'll pick it up on Steam when it's a buck fifty. Not a penny more.

+Quote Post
Quanrian
post Nov 12 2014, 10:44 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 13,299

I'd like to be optimistic here but the moment I got my Steam copy I was already partially admitting I didn't believe the 360 update would ever come. Is it safe to assume there are no plans to release any update for the 360 console and it's just gone dead for any number of reasons? I really just want some honest confirmation at this point. Either way, I appreciate the game and I think it's a shame that the various platforms developers can release to have become such barriers instead of opportunities.

--------------------
Eat the game before it devours your life!

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Nov 13 2014, 10:38 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (Quanrian @ Nov 12 2014, 11:44 AM) *
I'd like to be optimistic here but the moment I got my Steam copy I was already partially admitting I didn't believe the 360 update would ever come. Is it safe to assume there are no plans to release any update for the 360 console and it's just gone dead for any number of reasons? I really just want some honest confirmation at this point. Either way, I appreciate the game and I think it's a shame that the various platforms developers can release to have become such barriers instead of opportunities.

Honest response: there are no plans to submit a Xbox patch anytime soon. Actually, we're working on other ports to get the game on new platforms, and this has been the main task we've focused on taking into account the limited amount of resources we can continue to spend on Abyss (we're already deep in development of the next game)...

+Quote Post
Quanrian
post Nov 15 2014, 02:29 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 13,299

That kind of sucks since that is the version I can run the best until I can get the configuration sorted out for the PC version. Do you have an end in mind for Abyss Odyssey? Rather, is there a point where you'd be better off making a sequel than adding additional content?

--------------------
Eat the game before it devours your life!

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Nov 17 2014, 08:54 AM
Post #12

QUOTE (Quanrian @ Nov 15 2014, 03:29 AM) *
That kind of sucks since that is the version I can run the best until I can get the configuration sorted out for the PC version. Do you have an end in mind for Abyss Odyssey? Rather, is there a point where you'd be better off making a sequel than adding additional content?

Making a real sequel would be a huge undertaking, so it's not something that we'd consider lightly.

I know it's a bummer that we haven't been able to support all the platforms with the same level of dedication, but the most reasonable strategy for us now is getting the game on more platforms.

+Quote Post
Dark_Overlord
post Dec 1 2014, 09:19 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 13,412

QUOTE (Andres Bordeu @ Nov 17 2014, 12:54 PM) *
Making a real sequel would be a huge undertaking, so it's not something that we'd consider lightly.

I know it's a bummer that we haven't been able to support all the platforms with the same level of dedication, but the most reasonable strategy for us now is getting the game on more platforms.

Not being funny, but I purchased the game day 1 and have been waiting ages for the page 9 glitch to be fixed, then I come here to find you don't give a shit now that you have our money angry.gif Thanks a lot (sarcasm)

All you seem to care about is making more money from porting the game to other systems, well I sure as hell won't be buying any more games from your company.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2017 - 10:49 AM