10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Official Zeno Clash Bugs thread, discuss and report all bugs here
PzyCow
post Apr 25 2009, 07:40 AM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 495

My games crashes every time i exit, i dont actually care that much since its when im on the way out anyway, but thought you should know smile.gif.

Using vista ultamate 64bit.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Wagner Junior_*
post Apr 25 2009, 09:56 AM
Post #42

Guests

I was caught by Non-Progression Bugs number 2, and the sa\ve game get me to the same point, are there any workaround?

+Quote Post
David C
post Apr 25 2009, 01:22 PM
Post #43

Group: Developers
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Wagner Junior @ Apr 25 2009, 09:56 AM) *
I was caught by Non-Progression Bugs number 2, and the sa\ve game get me to the same point, are there any workaround?

If you have a weapon you can kill him, otherwise you should have to restart the chapter or use the other save game (we keep two save games)

+Quote Post
Guest_AI frustration_*
post Apr 25 2009, 03:08 PM
Post #44

Guests

This is my problem.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Apr 25 2009, 04:17 PM
Post #45

Guests

Have the Sameproblem as AI Frustration up here

+Quote Post
Kaabeus
post Apr 25 2009, 04:42 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 393

Whenever I break a hammer it makes a high pitched beep sound for a second.

+Quote Post
David C
post Apr 25 2009, 06:29 PM
Post #47

QUOTE (AI frustration @ Apr 25 2009, 03:08 PM) *
This is my problem.

Does this happen when you load a game?

This can happen when trying to load a game of a map that was changed (due to an update, etc).

You just have to start a new game from the given chapter

+Quote Post
Guest_AI frustration_*
post Apr 25 2009, 06:50 PM
Post #48

Guests

QUOTE (David C @ Apr 25 2009, 06:29 PM) *
Does this happen when you load a game?

This can happen when trying to load a game of a map that was changed (due to an update, etc).

You just have to start a new game from the given chapter

I see. So my issue is this:
I played at a friend's house Zeno Clash today, and got quite far. When I got back home, I wanted to resume playing where I left off, so he sent me the SAVE folder of his copy of Zeno Clash.

When I run the saved game, the issue above appears.

While I could begin the game from an earlier stage, can't I resume where I left off somehow? I really want to make this save game work.

+Quote Post
*VeLeRoN*
post Apr 25 2009, 08:16 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18

The easiest way for you is to just start a new game off that chapter where you ended playing it at your friend's.

+Quote Post
David C
post Apr 25 2009, 10:45 PM
Post #50

if you start the game with -console, you can use the sv_unlockchapter variable to unlock chapters...

+Quote Post
Guest_AI frustration_*
post Apr 26 2009, 04:29 AM
Post #51

Guests

QUOTE (David C @ Apr 25 2009, 10:45 PM) *
if you start the game with -console, you can use the sv_unlockchapter variable to unlock chapters...

Thanks, it worked!

+Quote Post
Guest_CCL-sama_*
post Apr 26 2009, 11:43 AM
Post #52

Guests

Hi! ACE Team. I completed this game three times now. But one achievements seems to be buggy, and that is animal cruelty. I have completed all the others achievements. They are all fine! In the description says that i muss kill 50 % of the harmless animals. So why aren't the black birds are not counts as harmless animal or in the prologue where u kick the chicken and there were you hunt these rabbits are not counted too. And if you kick 2 animals to dead in the same time it will count as 1. Yeah.. i hope that was helpful. Just need this last one to complete my goal ^^ sry for my bad english.

+Quote Post
kaijin2k3
post Apr 27 2009, 06:01 AM
Post #53

Member No.: 487

QUOTE (Kaabeus @ Apr 25 2009, 01:42 PM) *
Whenever I break a hammer it makes a high pitched beep sound for a second.

There's a nail at the top of the hammer head when you first pick it up. Each time you hit the heavyweights down on the head, the hammer head slides up and against the nail. I THINK the sound you're hearing comes from the fact that nail was just sent to high hell from the hammer head flying off. With that said, the sound can be quite annoying until you get used to it tongue.gif

ISSUES:

Challenge Tower 4:

I believe it's in Tower 4 that has the level with all the sand worshippers (forgot their name) running around that you need to take out. Quite a few times they never threw a stone at me, making that arena unbelievable easy, if not tedious.

There's a level where you take out a few of the North Gang and siblings using the skull bombs. Jsarj (sp?) is then supposed to come out after a short while with the rifle. Sometimes Jsarj just stands there and refuses to move until I lob a skull bomb by his feet. Sometimes this triggers him to move, others he'll just stand there until he's hit. After he's hit, he'll start acting normally though.

Challenge Tower 5:

A lot of the times if I lose later on the Tower and it reloads again, Hunter won't recognize that I exist in the arena after I beat him to a pulp for a bit. I can get him down to almost a sliver of health before he recognizes that I'm there usually.

Heavy Weights:

Especially with the elephant man, sometime they'll just start to wander off as if I disappeared, even if I never hid or stood in plain sight. Is this on purpose with their design or?

I also noticed they have a dead zone where they do nothing but take tiny steps towards me. For me, it's most evident on the elephant man again, but I noticed all three do the same thing.

Reloading:

I can understand the idea of the reload failing if I'm hit while doing it, but a few times I've been hit while the only frames left in the animation is moving the weapon back at the ready position (ie after my character has reloaded the weapon). This still cancels the reload, and can be frustrating and confusing.

Bone Sword:

The range seems to be off... Sometimes I'll miss with a powered swing, and all they do is throw a simple punch and hit me, as the above user said.

This also falls with the Hammer as well. Does powering up the weapon do anything extra against the heavy weights? I don't really notice an increase in damage at all compared to a quick (relatively tongue.gif) swing or a fully powered up swing.

Hunter:

The range on some of his moves are incredibly long for what he does. He's hit me from a good few feet away with that powered up punch that he has. The distance between us is quite visible and I'll still be sent stumbling backwards (when I managed to block it tongue.gif).

Counter-Kick:

Is there anyway to cancel this from happening? It works on a lot of characters, but I wish I could not do it against Two-Hands Hunter. He almost always just ducks and uppercuts me if I try to do it.

I'll post more as I notice them ^^

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_gzubeck_*_*
post Apr 27 2009, 08:16 PM
Post #54

Guests

This has got to be the kookiest problem but I can't seem to finish off father mother...I don't mind the spolier because I shoot it in the legs and it collapses and then I run up with guns in hand and smack it and nothing happens. Very confusing on how to finish this sequence. I'm stuck with this crazy Bug. First I figure out how to set up this game with Mouse Smoothening and this. I've been frustrated before but I do believe that having game tips pop-up in the middle of combat literally drove me crazy. please help!

+Quote Post
kaijin2k3
post Apr 28 2009, 01:31 AM
Post #55

Member No.: 487

QUOTE (Guest_gzubeck_* @ Apr 27 2009, 05:16 PM) *
This has got to be the kookiest problem but I can't seem to finish off father mother...I don't mind the spolier because I shoot it in the legs and it collapses and then I run up with guns in hand and smack it and nothing happens. Very confusing on how to finish this sequence. I'm stuck with this crazy Bug. First I figure out how to set up this game with Mouse Smoothening and this. I've been frustrated before but I do believe that having game tips pop-up in the middle of combat literally drove me crazy. please help!

Are you hitting it with the guns? Lock on to Father-Mother's head and you'll put your guns away. Then just give him the good ol' 1 - 2.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_gzubeck_*_*
post Apr 28 2009, 03:55 AM
Post #56

Guests

QUOTE (kaijin2k3 @ Apr 28 2009, 01:31 AM) *
Are you hitting it with the guns? Lock on to Father-Mother's head and you'll put your guns away. Then just give him the good ol' 1 - 2.

+Quote Post
gzubeck
post Apr 28 2009, 04:06 AM
Post #57

Member No.: 449

QUOTE (kaijin2k3 @ Apr 28 2009, 01:31 AM) *

I'm totally frustrated...I finally was able to lock on but it was very difficult. The game playing is as twisted as the art direction. One section is fine then you run into what I consider very frustrating game glitches. For example I'm trying to enter the city with Golem and I keep getting tangle up with the four family members. I can't turn left or right or go backwards or forwards. Your basically there to fight your way out. Most of the time you just get pummeled to death because diardra is almost worthless as a shooter. Its like an NPC who just makes noises with a pop gun. It also seems that my fighting skills have greatly diminished as I progresses through the story. Getting locked up with characters or objects is just nuts and takes away from gameplay. Are we Beta testers? This game could be really good hopefully after the first major patch.

+Quote Post
LTK
post Apr 28 2009, 06:48 PM
Post #58

Member No.: 547

QUOTE (gzubeck @ Apr 28 2009, 10:06 AM) *
I'm totally frustrated...I finally was able to lock on but it was very difficult. The game playing is as twisted as the art direction. One section is fine then you run into what I consider very frustrating game glitches. For example I'm trying to enter the city with Golem and I keep getting tangle up with the four family members. I can't turn left or right or go backwards or forwards. Your basically there to fight your way out. Most of the time you just get pummeled to death because diardra is almost worthless as a shooter. Its like an NPC who just makes noises with a pop gun. It also seems that my fighting skills have greatly diminished as I progresses through the story. Getting locked up with characters or objects is just nuts and takes away from gameplay. Are we Beta testers? This game could be really good hopefully after the first major patch.

Of all the problems you mentioned I only ran into missing Father-Mother in the flashback fight. At first my three punches would miss, but then he usually looks up and I can get him good a couple of times, so that's not a real problem. Maybe the answer is kicking.

On entering Halstedom for the second time with Golem, do you mean the glitch is that Ghat is frozen in one place, as in, cannot move in any direction? Or do you mean that the area is closed and you have no choice but to fight your siblings?

If you want to get away from enemies you're focused on, all you have to do is face away and press E again.

Now for my bug: In Challenge Mode, someone threw a skullbomb at me which happened to land directly under my feet. I was actually standing on top of it, and since touching a skullbomb damages you, my health bar was rapidly shrinking, and I could not walk away from the bomb until it exploded, killing me. I'm sure this is very unusual, but it might be worth looking into anyway.

Also in Challenge Mode, when I was fighting multiple heavy opponents, my attacks were a bit off. Usually when I'm facing multiple heavies I get them into one group so that they can't get to me from where I can't see them. In this case, when the heavies are very close to each other, I cannot club one down when it is stunned, I will simply do a normal attack. Only when there are no heavies directly behind the stunned one can I club it down.

+Quote Post
Guest_chescat_*
post Apr 28 2009, 10:15 PM
Post #59

Guests

QUOTE (Meho Krljic @ Apr 25 2009, 05:58 AM) *
Have just encountered my first real crash. During the second fight with the combat-instructor (sorry, the name escapes me), after he explains the techniques to me, he then starts kicking those plants (?) to release the psychedelic fumes (my interpretation) and the game checkpoints at the moment when the green transparent 'duplicates' start appearing. This was the moment when it locked up for me. It looped the sound and froze. I ctrl-alt-delled and managed first to get a black screen with a slightly different sound loop and then, after several more ctrl-alt-dels I was sent to the desktop. Zeno Clash was terminated but Steam was still fully on. No big deal, I relaunched the game, reloaded the checkpoint and successfully passed the point. Is this the sound-stutter bug that plagued HL2 back then?

Edit: Just occured to me I should post at least the OS I am using: Windows XP with the Sp3 installed and DX9 up to snuff.

The same happens to me but all the time. (5 mins. of game play) after the freeze it comes back and the textures are all messed up.

+Quote Post
gzubeck
post Apr 29 2009, 06:21 PM
Post #60

Member No.: 449

QUOTE (LTK @ Apr 28 2009, 06:48 PM) *
Of all the problems you mentioned I only ran into missing Father-Mother in the flashback fight. At first my three punches would miss, but then he usually looks up and I can get him good a couple of times, so that's not a real problem. Maybe the answer is kicking.

On entering Halstedom for the second time with Golem, do you mean the glitch is that Ghat is frozen in one place, as in, cannot move in any direction? Or do you mean that the area is closed and you have no choice but to fight your siblings?

If you want to get away from enemies you're focused on, all you have to do is face away and press E again.
Now for my bug: In Challenge Mode, someone threw a skullbomb at me which happened to land directly under my feet. I was actually standing on top of it, and since touching a skullbomb damages you, my health bar was rapidly shrinking, and I could not walk away from the bomb until it exploded, killing me. I'm sure this is very unusual, but it might be worth looking into anyway.

Also in Challenge Mode, when I was fighting multiple heavy opponents, my attacks were a bit off. Usually when I'm facing multiple heavies I get them into one group so that they can't get to me from where I can't see them. In this case, when the heavies are very close to each other, I cannot club one down when it is stunned, I will simply do a normal attack. Only when there are no heavies directly behind the stunned one can I club it down.

I understand this is an independent game production but with such fast action its very easy to get caught on objects or get blocked in by combatants. Usually this doesn't happen because your fighting at most 2 fighters but when four decide to show up and converge and they block you from moving forward and backwards and then to top it off you can get caught on objects in the field of play. Try playing half life 2 or Bioshock and this doesn't happen at all. It just feels awkward and this kind of thing would not of happened if there had been game testing for awhile before release. And Yes, the Father Mother final sequence is a weird game within a game causing consternation and difficulty. I'm looking for smooth gameplay. Also the skull bombs are almost worthless because there are not that many and if they roll just a little past the enemy it does fire cracker damage. Diardra is just a retarded NPC (Even though she looks good and is necessary for story telling) during combat who does little to assist the final outcome. Also try and pick up items during combat and the enemy just smacks them out of your hand. I guess the way to extend gameplay is to make certain sections rediculously difficult to complete. LOL .

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: