Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Editing the subtitles
szogyenyi
post Jul 30 2013, 06:49 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,850

Hello. I'm very interested about the game so i decided to translate it to my own language. So, i located the files in the ZC2Game\Localization\INT folder and i successfully modified the files. But i have a problem. The menu and the HUD subtitles i can edit witouth any problem. BUT when i translate the subtitle lines the game doesn't show my translation. It's stay in english. My question is the game read the cinematic/gameplay subtitles from other file? if yes, culd you tell me which file is it and how can i open it?

Edit: Yeah i see i posted it to the first game's subforum, but i interesting about the second game's subtitle.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tschumann
post Jul 30 2013, 07:06 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 283

Maybe they need to be compiled? I'm not sure but there are some .upk files in ZC2Game\CookedPC that look like they're for localisation too.

+Quote Post
szogyenyi
post Jul 30 2013, 07:30 AM
Post #3

I tried to extract ZC2Game_LOC_INT.upk but i had some coded files. And not all of the mpas only 3 or 4 i think sad.gif

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Jul 30 2013, 09:08 AM
Post #4

Group: Developers
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (szogyenyi @ Jul 30 2013, 06:49 AM) *
Hello. I'm very interested about the game so i decided to translate it to my own language. So, i located the files in the ZC2Game\Localization\INT folder and i successfully modified the files. But i have a problem. The menu and the HUD subtitles i can edit witouth any problem. BUT when i translate the subtitle lines the game doesn't show my translation. It's stay in english. My question is the game read the cinematic/gameplay subtitles from other file? if yes, culd you tell me which file is it and how can i open it?

Edit: Yeah i see i posted it to the first game's subforum, but i interesting about the second game's subtitle.

What language are you tying to produce? We've already had support from several community members with localization. Maybe we're willing to include your files if the translation seems accurate.

+Quote Post
szogyenyi
post Jul 30 2013, 01:09 PM
Post #5

Hungarian. As far as i know, nobody started to try translate the game, so i'm the only one in our country who would like to translate the game. (The guy who made the official Hungarian translation of the first game gave me the files of his work, so i think i could be make a qualitative work.)

+Quote Post
deloctyte
post Jul 30 2013, 02:50 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 628

QUOTE (szogyenyi @ Jul 30 2013, 07:09 PM) *
Hungarian. As far as i know, nobody started to try translate the game, so i'm the only one in our country who would like to translate the game. (The guy who made the official Hungarian translation of the first game gave me the files of his work, so i think i could be make a qualitative work.)

If any passages give you any trouble, throw me a message. Segítek ha kell! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Random scribbler and dubious madman.

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Jul 31 2013, 01:39 PM
Post #7

Group: Developers
Member No.: 3

Drop me a PM and let's see what we can do.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: