Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ''ZC2.exe has stopped working'' issue.
Amaterasu
post Nov 25 2014, 07:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,406

Greetings~
I apologize if this is the wrong place for it, but I couldn't find a technical subforum or bug thread for ZC2 specifically (the one I found was for ZC1). Also tried looking for a solution with google but couldn't find anything relevant to my issue.

So my issue is the following, my game crash right after the splash screen, with the usual ''ZC2.exe has stopped working''. Now I have the game since release, and never had this issue before. In fact just a month ago I had a short session and the game worked perfectly. My gaming rig hasn't changed, the only difference is that I have a second screen. I tried disabling it, but it didn't change anything.
My PC is an i7 4770k/GTX 770/8 GB ram, so I would think it shouldn't be an hardware issue. I tried reinstalling the game (I use steam), verifying cache integrity. None of this worked. My drivers are also all up to date. At this point I don't know what else to do. I checked the UE3 log folder to see what kind of error it was, this is what I got:

I would really appreciate some help. I gifted this game to a friend and I would really like to play co-op with him. Gracias~

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tschumann
post Nov 26 2014, 05:56 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 283

Hm, have you uninstalled anything recently? Or updated anything (possibly with Windows update)?
The log looks fine right up until the critical error but there's not a lot of detail to work from.

+Quote Post
Amaterasu
post Nov 26 2014, 03:17 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,406

QUOTE (tschumann @ Nov 26 2014, 10:56 AM) *
Hm, have you uninstalled anything recently? Or updated anything (possibly with Windows update)?
The log looks fine right up until the critical error but there's not a lot of detail to work from.

I haven't uninstalled anything major. As for updates, I did have several ones for my OS (which is windows 7 by the way), security updates, etc.
I tried downgrading my graphic card drivers to an older version, to see if maybe that was the issue, but no luck there either.

+Quote Post
tschumann
post Nov 27 2014, 06:53 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 283

The only thing I can think of is rerunning the installers in steamapps\common\Zeno Clash 2\_CommonRedist\
I don't think Windows update uninstalls old versions but you never know.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: