Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PS3 multiplayer is completely broken.
Andres Bordeu
post Aug 24 2012, 04:56 PM
Post #81

Group: Developers
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (7cal @ Aug 24 2012, 03:03 PM) *
Great news, been waiting a long time for this.

You should also have someone update the main Rock of Ages Atlus page where in the upper right corner it says "Out now! Coming soon to Playstation network!"

http://www.atlus.com/rockofages/

LOL. Thanks for pointing this out. Will let the guys from Atlus know. smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SsurferR
post Aug 26 2012, 10:12 AM
Post #82

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,011

Thanks for fixing the online experience, things are working perfectly.
You guys rock!!!

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Aug 26 2012, 04:54 PM
Post #83

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (SsurferR @ Aug 26 2012, 10:12 AM) *
Thanks for fixing the online experience, things are working perfectly.
You guys rock!!!

I wish we could have 'rocked' a bit better and gotten things fixed faster... but oh well... we'll try not to have these problems come up with our games in the future. Glad you are being able to enjoy the game now!

+Quote Post
ellzyboy
post Aug 27 2012, 07:58 PM
Post #84

Member No.: 12,216

Hi, I'm still not able to find anyone on the online section of Rock Of Ages and i have searched and downloaded the PS3 system update and still nothing. Is there anything I'm not doing to sort this problem out because i think the game is fantastic and seriously want some online action now. Thanks

+Quote Post
pepeb715
post Aug 28 2012, 07:55 AM
Post #85

Member No.: 12,219

QUOTE (ellzyboy @ Aug 27 2012, 08:58 PM) *
Hi, I'm still not able to find anyone on the online section of Rock Of Ages and i have searched and downloaded the PS3 system update and still nothing. Is there anything I'm not doing to sort this problem out because i think the game is fantastic and seriously want some online action now. Thanks

Yeah I bought the game 3 months ago, loved the single player and was really excited to see the patch released to fix the multiplayer. So I was really dismayed to load it up after the 1.01 patch was applied and see the same "error: no games found" message pop up INSTANTLY when I tried to find a game. Still the same as before.

Can we do anything else?

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Aug 28 2012, 09:01 AM
Post #86

Are you guys trying to find people through invites? I'm thinking the most likely problem is that there's no one creating lobbies. The matchmaking system was not very well designed unfortunately and this is a problem with all the versions (PC, PS3 and Xbox 360). We're working on a complete new system, but for future titles. I think most of the people that are playing online are just inviting friends to their games, so I suggest you first try out this method.

+Quote Post
ellzyboy
post Aug 28 2012, 10:39 AM
Post #87

Well as far as updates i only updated the ps3 system which i dont think has anything to do with the game itself. From what i remember if a game has an update it comes up with a request to auto update when you try and load up the game am i correct? i live in the UK Essex i dont know if this has anything to do with not getting the update yet. also i have tried making lobbies and left it on to see if anyone would join for about ten minutes but gave up.

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Aug 28 2012, 11:19 AM
Post #88

QUOTE (ellzyboy @ Aug 28 2012, 10:39 AM) *
also i have tried making lobbies and left it on to see if anyone would join for about ten minutes but gave up.

This is the method that won't work well because there are probably very little users creating games this way. As I previously mentioned you should attempt to create a game through invites. Do you have any friends with Rock of Ages?

+Quote Post
ellzyboy
post Aug 28 2012, 12:31 PM
Post #89

Ok, update at my end, i recently created a lobby and someone joined and we have played a lot not wanting to let each-other go incase we dont get the chance to play again lol. and we have added each-other so we can both rely on each-other in the future. But my question is is that when i search for a quick game or search for a lobby and they both come back saying nothing found, does this mean there really isnt anyone one else playing online in the world at this time or everyone is pressing the quick game button which wont allow two quick games to connect. i may have made my question complicated and for that i apologise. thanks

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Aug 28 2012, 01:55 PM
Post #90

If there's no one creating a lobby, it doesn't matter if hundreds of players use 'quick match', because no one will find an open game. This is the principal defect of the current matchmaking system (among other design issues), that we need to address in the future.

I'm glad you were able to find someone to play with. Hope you've enjoyed the matches!

+Quote Post
ellzyboy
post Aug 28 2012, 03:06 PM
Post #91

ah ok thanks for your reply. never had the experience of game developers replying to customers so quickly and personally and for that thank you very much. i understand what you are saying about the way multiplayer is set up now. Does this mean you will be correcting this problem for this game in the future or for future games you may be developing?

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Aug 28 2012, 03:47 PM
Post #92

QUOTE (ellzyboy @ Aug 28 2012, 03:06 PM) *
Does this mean you will be correcting this problem for this game in the future or for future games you may be developing?

Unfortunately only for future games, and *maybe* for the PC build of RoA where we can make changes without undergoing yet another certification process... :-/

+Quote Post
saike1
post Sep 29 2012, 09:12 PM
Post #93

Member No.: 12,048

great news but i'm still out of luck no friends :/

as always i'm late to the conversation /sigh

+Quote Post
Byas_Sun
post Oct 23 2012, 11:24 AM
Post #94

Member No.: 11,828

I Tried to join one of my PSN Buddies Today, I send him an invite however he couldn't join my session. so he sent me an invite and I had the same problem. "unable to join game session"

Some of these PSN servers are just absolute Garbage, I guess this game has regional servers so can't join anyone across seas. angry.gif

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Oct 24 2012, 08:43 AM
Post #95

QUOTE (Byas_Sun @ Oct 23 2012, 12:24 PM) *
I Tried to join one of my PSN Buddies Today, I send him an invite however he couldn't join my session. so he sent me an invite and I had the same problem. "unable to join game session"

Some of these PSN servers are just absolute Garbage, I guess this game has regional servers so can't join anyone across seas. angry.gif

Unfortunately you are correct. The Americas version cannot connect to the European version. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Byas_Sun
post Oct 24 2012, 08:46 AM
Post #96

Member No.: 11,828

Hey no problems man, After my 4 day trip to Pensacola for a Rergatta, I'll find someone in the US that has this game. I really appreciate on how you guys communicate with fans. wink.gif

+Quote Post
kraven_15
post Jan 3 2013, 03:02 AM
Post #97

Member No.: 12,469

I think I'm one of the unfortunates who can't get the patch to work for them.
I live in Australia and have two PS3s. I've set up a lobby with one, invited the other and it hasnt worked.
I've tried setting up the accounts to be the same country, from different countries... different ways of accepting invites, and a host of other things but all that happens is I either get an 'unable to join' error or it says 'joining lobby' the head spins quarter way and then it goes back to the main menu.
The patch has been installed on both PS3s too.

It's a fun game but I'd really hate for it to be impossible to achieve 100%. Thanks in advance

+Quote Post
kraven_15
post Jan 4 2013, 08:31 PM
Post #98

Member No.: 12,469

QUOTE (kraven_15 @ Jan 3 2013, 04:02 AM) *
I think I'm one of the unfortunates who can't get the patch to work for them.
I live in Australia and have two PS3s. I've set up a lobby with one, invited the other and it hasnt worked.
I've tried setting up the accounts to be the same country, from different countries... different ways of accepting invites, and a host of other things but all that happens is I either get an 'unable to join' error or it says 'joining lobby' the head spins quarter way and then it goes back to the main menu.
The patch has been installed on both PS3s too.

It's a fun game but I'd really hate for it to be impossible to achieve 100%. Thanks in advance

It's all good, I worked out I was playing the US game and trying to connect with EU folk. I installed the EU version and played with EU people quite confortably smile.gif Glad it all worked out, thanks for the patch

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Jan 4 2013, 09:26 PM
Post #99

QUOTE (kraven_15 @ Jan 4 2013, 08:31 PM) *
It's all good, I worked out I was playing the US game and trying to connect with EU folk. I installed the EU version and played with EU people quite confortably smile.gif Glad it all worked out, thanks for the patch

Great to hear you got it working! Enjoy! cool.gif

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 03:15 PM