//

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Unplayable Lag on PC, Impossible lag for the non host
Guest_MAGICPAULUS_*
post Aug 7 2013, 04:08 PM
Post #1

Guests

Hi, a few friends and me bought this game on steam, and while we do enjoy it, it's just unplayable in multiplayer. The person who isn't hosting has huge lags. After some googling, I got to this forum (and others) and found out that there are more people complaining about this, and I read some promises from over a year ago that things would get fixed..

Any updates on that or tips on what we could do to make it work?

Very annoyed by this sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Aug 7 2013, 10:56 PM
Post #2

Group: Developers
Member No.: 4

The game went through a really big update of the networking several months ago and while the situation improved the problem was never fully fixed. When both parties have a relatively good connection the lag isn't usually that much of a problem, but with worse connections it really becomes a problem.

While ROA might receive updates in the future I doubt the lag of gameplay will be addressed any further... I would be lying if I said otherwise.

We will be improving the MP experience of our future titles as we continue to mature as a studio. ROA was our first MP game and I think we would probably rewrite the entire netcode if we had to do the project again today. Sorry that I don't have any better answer to offer.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2017 - 07:15 PM