Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can't get rid of my savegame
Makenshi
post Aug 13 2015, 04:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,585

Hello together,
i would like to replay Rock of Ages with a fresh savegame. Unfortunally i cannot get rid of my savegame.

I delete all my file from steam cloud and deleted my Documents\my games\UnrealEngine3\BoulderGame Folder entirely.

The game just restores the folder after a restart. I also tried to use this advice to reset my savegame. I copied 1asJc1itcL7 into all Cleared entries. I also tried to use the DefaultBoulder_SaveData.ini from the config folder of my game installation.

I'm out of ideas. Is there any working way to reset my progress?

Best Regards
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tschumann
post Aug 13 2015, 07:46 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 283

Not sure - I guess SteamCloud is re-downloading your progress every time you reset it?
I'd try turning off SteamCloud for Rock of Ages and then resetting things. Couldn't hurt to back things up too.

+Quote Post
Makenshi
post Aug 14 2015, 03:41 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,585

Figured it out. Was kind of messy.

For anyone who finds this:

When i mention \Steam\ as a path in the instructions, i mean the complete path to your Steam installation. {your steamid} is normally a random number.

1. Make sure cloud savegames are activated on Stone of Ages
  2. Close Steam
  3. Open \Steam\userdata\{your steamid}\22230 in your Explorer
  4. Hold SHIFT and right click on the remote folder. Choose Open Command Window here
    [**] If the "Open Command Windows here" isn't available just go to Start -> Execute and type in cmd.exe. Execute the next command in that window.
  5. Type in powershell
  6. Type clc \Steam\userdata\{your steamid}\22230\remote\* (WARNING: Double check the path, as you are deleting the content of those files with this command!)
  7. Delete the file remotecache.vdf from the folder 22230
  8. Start Steam. A conflict icon should show up on Rock of Ages
  9. Try to start the game and the conflict dialog will show up. Don't click on any option yet.
  10. Go back to \Steam\userdata\{your steamid}\22230\ and delete the folder remote and the file remotecache.vdf again.
  11. Choose "Upload to the Steam Cloud" from the conflict dialog. Rock of Ages will start.
  12. Alt-TAB out of the game. Deactivate cloud savegames on Rock of Ages.
  13. Close the game. Kill it with the task manager or just right click on it in the task bar and click "close".

Now your cloud savegame will be gone! To check this, just right click on Rock of Ages in your Steam list and open the Properties Dialog. Choose the tab Updates and look at the amount of used space in the steam cloud at the very bottom of the dialog window. It should say 0 bytes / 100.00 MB.

Now you will have to deinstall Rock of Ages from Steam. After that:
  • Open your Document Library. Usually you will find it at %USERPROFILE%\documents (You can Copy & Paste this into the adressbar of your windows explorer)
  • Open the folder my games\UnrealEngine3
  • Delete the folder BoulderGame
  • Open the folder steamapps\common
  • Delete the Rock of Ages folder, if there is still any folder left
  • Redownload the game over Steam

And that's it. "Simple" right? Hope this will help somebody. The redownloading of the game maybe not necessary, but it only worked for me this way.

Source for deleting Steam cloud savegames

Regards

+Quote Post
tschumann
post Aug 15 2015, 12:00 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 283

Yes, just a bit messy - I wouldn't have been able to guess all that. Glad you got it sorted out anyway.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 12:00 PM