Reply to this topicStart new topic
> playing around with the sdk
tschumann
post Jun 20 2013, 02:08 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 283

I played around a bit with the SDK today, but not with my existing mod.

I made this: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=1bcc5bd24a24...4A241DE4%212019

It allows you to spawn some different enemies/allies. The menu system isn't great though because you need to press ESC for the menu to show up but I'm trying to find a way to fix that.
The spawned enemies/allies don't have a lot of health either, so that's another thing to work out.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Jun 20 2013, 09:36 AM
Post #2

Group: Developers
Member No.: 4

Any chances you could post some pictures? cool.gif

In the challenge mode we're doing for ZC2 you can spawn/purchase allies, but it can be many (not just 2 like in the campaign mode).

+Quote Post
tschumann
post Jun 20 2013, 05:56 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Carlos Bordeu @ Jun 20 2013, 11:36 PM) *
Any chances you could post some pictures? cool.gif

I'll try and put some up later today.

QUOTE (Carlos Bordeu @ Jun 20 2013, 11:36 PM) *
In the challenge mode we're doing for ZC2 you can spawn/purchase allies, but it can be many (not just 2 like in the campaign mode).

Ooh, sounds interesting.

+Quote Post
tschumann
post Jun 24 2013, 02:09 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Okay, here's a picture:

Still haven't found a way to make the menu more accessible yet (the plugin API isn't documented very well and it may be a little restrictive).

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Jun 24 2013, 05:35 PM
Post #5

Hahaha... cool! I wonder how it compares to seeing several allies in ZC2 smile.gif

+Quote Post
tschumann
post May 28 2016, 04:50 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

So I've been using this mod to do some other experiments with Zeno Clash: I've tried multiple times over the last few years to get multiplayer working in Zeno Clash, and I tried again recently, but I think I've fixed the issue of only the host being able to execute zenocombaton (I think).
I don't have a second computer which can run Zeno Clash so I've only been able to try it out with bots, but I've managed to get a bot to throw a punch:
https://7ujuba.dm2301.livefilestore.com/y3p...0011.jpg?psid=1
It's not perfect though - I'm not sure how to set a player's origin in the world so that players can spawn in different places, but it looks like if you spawn on top of someone they just get pushed out of the way and you don't get stuck or telefragged:
https://7ujuba.dm2301.livefilestore.com/y3p...0008.jpg?psid=1
Other problems which have no obvious/easy solution are that you can't respawn when dead, melee weapons don't do any damage to players and everyone is headless Ghat. Also, you need to manually kill ZenoClash.exe when you finish playing.
You can get the latest version here: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!ACg...BCC5BD24A241DE4 (sandpit-zenozoik-v0.3.zip)
Anyway, anyone want to try it with me some time so I can prove that all players can get into combat mode and that everyone spawning in one place doesn't cause any problems?

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Jun 3 2016, 04:16 PM
Post #7

Wow tschumann! That's a lot of devotion for an old game that was never meant to be MP. Curious to see how the multiplayer looks like. If you do get something going it could be cool to see a video of it.

+Quote Post
tschumann
post Jun 3 2016, 09:36 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

I'll see how it goes - not sure if deathmatch is easily doable (ask any programmer how fun reverse-engineering is) but some sort of co-op should be doable I think.
And as I think about it, it should be possible to host a server on a low powered machine by running the game in console mode (the way Team Fortress 2 idlers used to).

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: