Reply to this topicStart new topic
> State of the game
El Mostacho
post May 30 2015, 06:05 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,293

Hey guys,

I recently picked the game up again to have a look at the changes it received during my off-time and I have to say: it's as fun as it has been in the beginning. I saw that there are two more achievements I have yet to get, with one of them being "win 5 online matches in one session".

So that's why I'm here, basically. Because I never managed to get another player in qeue and I don't know if it's due to a connection problem or because the PC player base thinned out in the last couple of months.

Does the development team still work on game patches / updates or new content? Or is it pretty much the end of the line? I hope not, because Abyss Odyssey is easily one of my favorite games of the last couple of years. You never get unlimited support of course and it's understandable that there are only so much resources to balance out costs. And I know that you guys just released the game on another platform. I'm not complaining if this is it, you still did an amazing job. I'm curious, though.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Jun 1 2015, 09:25 AM
Post #2

Group: Developers
Member No.: 3

We're still trying to get the game certified on the PS4 (not released yet). We'll be releasing a new PC patch in the future. This patch will address some issues that were specifically fixed during the PS4 porting process, and should make their way to PC. We're also probably going to come back to Mac and Linux ports afterwards.

It's understandable that there's probably very little users playing at this time, since we've been too busy to support the PC version with more content. It's very likely we'll be able to generate some 'spikes' in the user base when we decide to do future Steam promotions, but not really sure when that will happen.

So as you can see, we're still doing a lot of stuff with Abyss here at ACE, but it mostly has to do with porting the game to new platforms. I can't really say if we'll make more unique content in the future, but I'm confident we'll get some new waves of players sometime in the future.

Thanks for the positive feedback btw. Really happy you've enjoyed the game so much.

+Quote Post
El Mostacho
post Jun 2 2015, 07:48 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,293

Thanks for the quick reply!

It's cool to hear that you still work on the game, although as I said I wouldn't even mind if that's the end of the line.

I'm hoping for those spikes in player interest you mentioned, though. Wouldn't hurt to test out how the VS Mode works out online.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th August 2017 - 05:52 AM