Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Zeno Clash Roleplay (Forum Game) (NOT FINISHED), Become yet another fantastic character of Zenozoik!
scifidude47
post Dec 14 2012, 05:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,079

With Zeno Clash II a long ways away, i thought I'd create this to pass the time...

THE ZENO CLASH ROLEPLAY THREAD!!

In this thread, you shall become your own character, be you a human or a creature of your own creation. You may become a trader in Halstedom, or maybe fight or join the corwid of the free. Perhaps you will explore the dangerous Endworld realm, fighting the shadows and braving the ruins.

RULES:

1. No Godmodding (Look it up)

2. No Meta-gaming (Look this up as well)

3. Obey the dice roll. If your character's attack fails, it fails. If you die, you die.

4. K.O.'s When you deplete another player's health, they are knocked out, not dead. Death can only be caused by disease, burning, starvation, and dehydration, among other causes.

5. When doing actions with an uncertain outcome, please put asterisks around it. I will calculate your outcome by using a dice roll, and adding and subtracting different buffs and debuffs and seeing if you meet above the success requirement For example:

*Onpa Fires the musket at Ghat.*

(My post)
Shoot: Musket: Requires 40 success
Target's DEF: 2: -50 success
Close: +10 success
Ambush:+10 success
Roll: 28 *Attack fails*

Onpa fires the musket at Ghat, but misses. Ghat is now aware of Onpa's position.

6. When going into Out-Of-Character Chat, use double parenthesis. For Example:

Onpa ate the fruit hungrily.

((Hey, is it midnight yet?))

7. When moving from one area to the next (Like from The Halstedom gate to the Northern Gate bar) Please use the map and say in which direction you are moving. For Example:

*Onpa Heads Southwest, looking for The Northern Gate bar.*

((I will see if you find your location based on if you've seen it before, have an actual map in the game, or someone with these things is leading you there.))

8. To add your Character, please fill out the Character sheet below and message it to me.

9. To attempt to craft an item, say *_______ Attempts to combine (Put materials here)* Certain combinations require a certain amount of points in a skill.

10. Hunger, Thirst, and Sleep are all factors you must consider. You must eat at least every week, drink every 2 days, and sleep every 4 days.

11. If you die, you must wait 24 hours before sending in a new character sheet. This is to prevent weird events from happening where a new character is introduced right after another died.
MAP:

Classes:

Lightweight: Cannot handle Grenade Gun, but get a +10 success rate when in hand-to-hand combat. Special Ability: Rush(ATK): With a 60 success requirement, you may attempt to knock the weapon out of an enemy's hands. Can carry 10 Items without bags.

Medium: +10 success with spear and skull-bombs. Special Ability: Counter(DEF): With a 50 success requirement, you may counter an enemy's attack and stun them. Can carry 15 items without bags.

Heavy: +10 success with hammers. Cannot use Fish-guns or spear. Special Ability: Charge: With a 50 success requirement rate, You can charge and stun an enemy for 3 turns and knock their weapon you of their hands. Can carry 20 Items without Bags.

Locations:

Halstedom Center (Southwest): The center of a city on a coral reef. Fishable. Little fruit is found here, and the only animals are livestock and wandering bug-birds. However, trade can be profitable, if you're not conned.

Halstedom Gate: The entrance and exit of Halstedom. Fishable. Some traders can be found here. Only one person is required to open the gate.

Halstedom Suburbs (Southeast): A center of livestock, mostly "Normal" people are found here. Trade is at a minimum.

Father Mother's Plaza: The Hub point for Father Mother's children and followers. Not Fishable. If Father Mother and his children trust you, they may trade with you, but otherwise they shall attack you on sight.

Beach: A small settlement is located here. Fishable. A lone mother is found here, among others, with a strange son named Gostni, who is a pig. Crabs on the shore can be dangerous, but if you are lucky, great fish may be found here, and beached whales provide a fortune of meat and leather.

Halstedom to Forest Road: A road guiding travelers to Halstedom or the Forest. Insects, Rathbirds, and Corwids can be located here, but fruit can be found as well as chickens.

Forest: Filled with Corwids, but chickens as well. Rath birds and insects are also a problem, but not as much.

Desert: Ruled by muscalosaurs and sand-worms, but hunting can be profitable, as long as you are not the one being hunted...

Endworld: A horrible place that is eternally night. No food is found here, shadows stalk the darkness, and the fog is deadly to those who enter it. The ruins carry a great risk, but an excellent prize if conquered.

CHARACTER CREATION SHEET:

Character Name:

Appearance: (You don't need a picture, just a description.)

Class:

Bio (Short, 1-2 paragraphs max please.):

Skills: You must distribute 6 "Skill points" Between these. The number of skill points in a skill determines your character's luck or prowess in it.

ATK: Your skill with weapons and hand-to-hand combat. Certain levels required for crafting weaponry.

DEF: Your skill with blocking and dodging. Certain levels required for crafting armor.

SRC: Your skill with scavenging, searching containers or bodies, and you luck in finding game when hunting. Certain levels required for crafting traps.

PRS: Your skill with bargaining with and trading with NPCs. Certain levels required for some information.

CHARACTER LIST:

Good luck, have fun, and thanks for reading! biggrin.gif ~scifidude47
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Dec 17 2012, 07:53 AM
Post #2

Group: Developers
Member No.: 3

Pinned smile.gif

+Quote Post
scifidude47
post Dec 17 2012, 04:41 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Andres Bordeu @ Dec 17 2012, 06:53 AM) *
Pinned smile.gif

laugh.gif Thanks!

+Quote Post
scifidude47
post Dec 18 2012, 07:07 AM
Post #4

Since I can't send a messages for some reason, I will post answers to questions here:

*Hello. I'd like to ask you a couple of questions about Zeno Clash RPG. Do I need to use the race which exists in the game or can I create a character of a different race as long it it's human-like? Also, in the rules it is stated than a picture of the character is not needed but can I use it if it is an easier way for me to describe my character? Can the character carry any weapons from the beggining or he'll has to obtain them in the game somehow? Well, that's all for now, thanks for your attention =)*

You may create your own race as long as it is humanoid, since there seems to be an almost infinite amount of races in zenozoik. smile.gif No wings or other powers that the characters in the game don't have though.

I simply said a picture was optional, so you may use a picture if you desire biggrin.gif

You're gonna have to find your stuff at the start of the game.

Thanks for showing interest biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
scifidude47
post Dec 21 2012, 10:25 AM
Post #5

Just thought I'd post a finished character sheet as an example. THIS IS NOT AN ACTUAL CHARACTER.

Character Name: Ashel

Appearance: (You don't need a picture, just a description.) Similar to Gastornis, but with one eyepatch

Class: Medium

Bio (Short, 1-2 paragraphs max please.): Born in Halstedom, he became a theif and a con. He prefers hunting over foraging, and is not very willing to trust.

Skills: You must distribute 6 "Skill points" Between these. The number of skill points in a skill determines your character's luck or prowess in it.

ATK: Your skill with weapons and hand-to-hand combat. Certain levels required for crafting weaponry. 2

DEF: Your skill with blocking and dodging. Certain levels required for crafting armor.1

SRC: Your skill with scavenging, searching containers or bodies, and you luck in finding game when hunting. Certain levels required for crafting traps. 2

PRS: Your skill with bargaining with and trading with NPCs. Certain levels required for some information. 1

+Quote Post
scifidude47
post Dec 30 2012, 10:27 PM
Post #6

I know this is probably gonna sound like a stupid attempt to get applications, but if the devs aren't busy, they are welcome to send in a character application...

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Dec 30 2012, 10:34 PM
Post #7

Group: Developers
Member No.: 4

I think something like this could work when these forums are busy - later when the game releases. We had a lot of movement when the original game debuted back then in 2009. Right now with the holidays and a relatively low circulation of the forums it is unlikely that something like this will get any attention. I think it is better if we unpin this topic and try see if it works out later ahead. Ok?

Personally I've never gotten into role-playing games so I don't even know how this works. unsure.gif But it sure looks pretty cool.

+Quote Post
scifidude47
post Dec 31 2012, 01:46 AM
Post #8

I guess you could unpin it if you want. It's just taking up virtual space and collecting virtual dust at the moment tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: