Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Suggestions for Zeno Clash 3
ckcc
post Apr 14 2016, 03:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,727

Hi Ace! I had a wonderful time with both Zeno Clash 1 and 2. Thanks for creating these two epic games!

Here are some of my personal suggestions for Zeno Clash 3.

1. I would love to see more variation in the enemy attack animations. For example, violent grab attacks (that do not cause instant death) for each type of enemy. Hybrid Heaven for inspiration.

2. Maybe more double team attacks from both parties and environmental attacks.

3. A more unique health and damage system. For example, body part damages (limbs, etc.) as seen in Call of Chthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth and Yakuza Black Panther 2.

4. More wacky enemy varieties, memorable characters and maybe some interesting side quests (not the the usual collect "10" herbs though)

Keep up the good work and I look forward to your future games!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Apr 14 2016, 04:08 PM
Post #2

Group: Developers
Member No.: 3

Hi ckcc! Those are some nice suggestions. Some thoughts on your ideas:

1) Agreed!

2) I think doing the coop experience on #2 was not the best idea, since it drew a lot of resources from other parts of the game. Just getting everything to work in an online environment was exponentially harder, and all those man hours could have been put in to improving the other aspects of the game. I also think a small percentage of people actually played it in multiplayer.

I think SP would be better if we made a future game.

3) Not sure if those games have dismemberments, but if that is the case we wanted to avoid extreme violence, since it felt incompatible with the fiction. Think fantasy movies from the 70's - 80's as an inspiration for ZC series. Those films were never extremely violent.

4) Agreed!

+Quote Post
ckcc
post Apr 14 2016, 05:01 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,727

QUOTE (Andres Bordeu @ Apr 14 2016, 04:08 PM) *
Hi ckcc! Those are some nice suggestions. Some thoughts on your ideas:

1) Agreed!

2) I think doing the coop experience on #2 was not the best idea, since it drew a lot of resources from other parts of the game. Just getting everything to work in an online environment was exponentially harder, and all those man hours could have been put in to improving the other aspects of the game. I also think a small percentage of people actually played it in multiplayer.

I think SP would be better if we made a future game.

3) Not sure if those games have dismemberments, but if that is the case we wanted to avoid extreme violence, since it felt incompatible with the fiction. Think fantasy movies from the 70's - 80's as an inspiration for ZC series. Those films were never extremely violent.

4) Agreed!

Hi!

Regarding number two, I agree. The fighting felt a bit messy sometimes in single player mode when the AI companions are fighting around you. Maybe Ace can focus more on content (adding hours to single player). It will be like a mini RPG style? Haha

Regarding number three, those games do not have dismemberments if I remember correctly. What they do share in common is some sort of penalty if a particular body part has received too much damage. For instance, blurry vision (head), limping/slower walk (legs), reduced damage inflicted to enemies or inability to use punches or kicks, easily knocked down by enemies or more extreme reactions when damaged (torso), etc.

I think the best way to describe the health system would be something similar to Fallout 4's stimpak system minus the dismemberments! Another good example would be Hybrid Heaven's health system. It's something like an enhanced version of the stamina system in ZC 1 and 2.

Anyway, these are just my humble suggestions. Thanks for replying! Keep up the good work!

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Apr 15 2016, 04:40 PM
Post #4

Group: Developers
Member No.: 3

Aha! Ok, I see now what you meant by the health system/body parts. Yes, those are nice ideas. I should check out some of those games.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: