Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> import export game models
scarzy
post Jun 11 2013, 07:30 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,818

Hi i'm new here and am wondering how I import export the zeno clash models to 3ds max? I want to add some new npc's into the game. And if I can do this will I still have the skeleton for the models? I am planning on building models using the existing zeno clash animations to start with and is there somewhere I can get documentations and or tutorials on using the source development kit??. thanks scarzy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tschumann
post Jun 12 2013, 08:08 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 283

You'll need to decompile them with the .mdl decompiler from http://www.chaosincarnate.net/cannonfodder/cftools.htm
Then you can use an .smd importer to get the decompiled files into 3DS Max. I'm not sure what you mean by skeleton but decompiling should get you the whole model, animations and all. You won't be able to add new npcs but you'll be able to replace the models of existing npcs.
For Source modding documentation, the Valve Developer wiki is the place to, but if you have any Zeno Clash-specific stuff you can ask it here.

Be aware that Zeno Clash's .mdl format is a little different to Half-Life 2's, so you should probably use the .mdl files from the Zeno Clash Models package in the Tools section of Steam rather than the files in steamapps/common/zenoclash/zenozoik/models/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: