//

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I can't play the game. It just freezes...
KingWargun
post Aug 29 2015, 09:45 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,600

I got this game in July and it just doesn't want to work. In the prolouge I jump up on the roof and as soon as I touch the bridge the game freezes. I tried to just skip it and not replay the prolouge and head down the hole in beginning but I encountered an enemy and as soon as I pushed the button to attack it the game freezes.

I try to use task manager to end task and all it does is make the game go black and persist. when I try to shut down my computer because the game won't end the computer just stays at the "Shutting Down..." screen probably because it can't close the game. I have to hold the button in on my PC to shut it off.

I've tried to run as administrator, verify game cashe, reinstall, update graphics card drivers.

My PC specs are:

Windows 7 64
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T PRocessor 3.20GHz
8GB ram
ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tschumann
post Aug 29 2015, 10:45 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 283

That sounds pretty strange - did you install all the redistributables that came with the game? Have you tried playing with thread affinity? Your hardware seem fine.

+Quote Post
KingWargun
post Sep 3 2015, 05:47 PM
Post #3

Well I have the game for steam. It installed the game so I'm not really sure.

Not sure what thread affinity is.

+Quote Post
tschumann
post Sep 4 2015, 06:43 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 283

QUOTE (KingWargun @ Sep 4 2015, 07:47 AM) *
Well I have the game for steam. It installed the game so I'm not really sure.

Not sure what thread affinity is.

When you first played it did you skip the PhysX etc installers?

I think if you haven't touched thread affinity (I think you set it through Task Manager) it shouldn't be an issue.

+Quote Post
KingWargun
post Sep 4 2015, 12:51 PM
Post #5

I let it do it's thing. I don't cancel the any of the setups even if it's installed directX that has been installed by something else already.

+Quote Post
KingWargun
post Sep 4 2015, 01:05 PM
Post #6

It is my controller that is creating the issue I found out. I decided to unplug it to see and I can play the game with the keyboard. When I plug the controller back in it freezes at the exact same spot every time. I have a official Microsoft wired xbox360 controller and not sure why it would do this.

Update: I fixed the issue. My controller drivers were MotionInJoy even though I uninstalled the program a long time ago so when I plugged in my Xbox controller it just used those drivers instead of the Microsoft drivers.

I figured it out by looking in the device manager under: Microsoft common controller for windows class.

If it says anything other then "Xbox Controller for windows" in the above's drop-list then right click, uninstall driver, allow for a restart, then plug your controller back in so Microsoft can reinstall it's own drivers.

Note: This may only be a solution if your controller is an official Microsoft wired 360 controller.

In the end it was the MotionInJoy controller drivers. I hope this can me helpful for others that may be having a similar issue.

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Sep 4 2015, 10:06 PM
Post #7

Group: Developers
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (KingWargun @ Sep 4 2015, 01:05 PM) *
I hope this can me helpful for others that may be having a similar issue.

Thanks so much for posting the solution here! The information definitely might end up being useful for someone.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2017 - 09:56 AM