//

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Zeno Clash one of the top 50 First Person Shooter games EVER (according to Rock Paper Shotgun)
ZenoClash
post May 14 2015, 10:39 AM
Post #1

Group: Developers
Member No.: 158

Rock Paper Shotgun has honored our debut game: Zeno Clash, by selecting it as one of the 50 best first person shooters on PC of all time.
It is truly an honor to be in a list among such legendary titles.

Link to the article: Zeno Clash one of 50 best FPS games ever

Interesting note: The #1 game of the list is Doom (well deserved), and in the article Rock Paper Shotgun included a picture of our classic Doom mod 'Batman Doom' which is crazy... laugh.gif

Don't forget to share!
on Twitter
on Facebook

View the full article
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tschumann
post May 21 2015, 06:48 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 283

Nice. I guess it must be satisfying every time you make one of these lists.

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post May 21 2015, 04:33 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3

Indeed! I was the first to notice this here. I saw a tweet from John Romero about DOOM being number 1 in RPS's FPS list, and I thought; 'let's see who else is there', (with very little expectations of seeing Zeno). Totally hyped when I saw our game in number 48.

Hard to believe considering some classic titles were omitted (System Shock 2, Duke Nukem, Marathon, etc...). Which only makes us prouder of course. Though System Shock 2 deserved a place no matter what in my opinion.

+Quote Post
sere
post Jul 22 2015, 04:44 AM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,649

Congratulations, it's definitely deserved. Ditto on System Shock 2. Every award, placement, and/or rank given to DOOM should really be given to QUAKE. In almost every conceivable way, QUAKE did more than DOOM. Whether use of 3D or implementation of multiplayer, QUAKE was an exponentially greater leap in technology and raised more bars. Besides the trickle-down effect to RAVEN's Hexen and Heretic games that so derived, QUAKE's motif an level design was unique, flawless, just crazy amazing but never to be seen again. QUAKE was just a better game and had a greater impact on gaming as a whole.

--------------------
-sere

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Jul 22 2015, 09:38 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 3

Thanks sere. Agreed that Quake was a tremendous milestone in the FPS genre. I did play a lot more DOOM years back though, because at the time we didn't have a computer that could handle Quake (and getting a hand of some games was actually hard here in Chile).

Now that I remember, one of my first experiences with fully 3D shooters was Unreal. It also blew me away. Great memories! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 05:01 PM