Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Making of - Abyss Odyssey's first concept test
ZenoClash
post Sep 9 2015, 04:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Developers
Member No.: 158

Hi guys. Now that Abyss Odyssey has been out for some time we wanted to share this previously unreleased footage that shows how the game was first envisioned in its conceptual phase.

Some of the final features, like procedural generated environments, hadn't been planned yet, but we had in mind some unique features that were later discarded, such as immortal avatars and mountable exploding horses biggrin.gif .

Check out the video below to see what Abyss Odyssey looked like in the beginning (warning: stiff animations detected tongue.gif ):

Hope everyone enjoys this rare footage!

Oh, and don't forget that we're recruiting fans at the ACE Team Steam group, so if you haven't joined already follow this link:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/aceteam

View the full article
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tschumann
post Sep 10 2015, 06:49 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 283

Nice. How was the immortal player character going to work though?

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Sep 10 2015, 05:56 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3

We weren't sure at the time, but we knew we wanted players to be able to continue fighting if they were dismembered (even if they lost their head!) The idea was inspired by Lovecraft's short story: 'The Mound'.

+Quote Post
Scribbles
post Sep 12 2015, 06:29 PM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,604

I always love seeing concept art and behind the scenes stuff about the development, first ideas and all that, hope to see more videos like this on Abyss Odyssey and your upcoming projects.
Its kind of strange to see them walking around in somewhat normal landscapes though. laugh.gif

Also that horse would make for a terrifying enemy in a horror game, which reminds me of a question, Have any of you at Ace team ever considered doing another horror game in the future? I know about Malstrum mansions, but i guess i was thinking more of a super scary third or first person horror game in the vein of silent hill or amnesia.
Thank you for your time biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Sep 14 2015, 11:12 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Scribbles @ Sep 12 2015, 07:29 PM) *
hope to see more videos like this on Abyss Odyssey and your upcoming projects.

We have more materials like this and will most likely release them in the future.

QUOTE (Scribbles @ Sep 12 2015, 07:29 PM) *
Have any of you at Ace team ever considered doing another horror game in the future?

We've talked about it more than once. It's a genre we think we'd be able to do wonderful things with, but for now there's nothing concrete enough to merit making a whole project. So far we only have a bunch of loose ideas that come up in discussions from time to time. Perhaps it will happen in the future, who knows. Can't say for sure.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2017 - 06:00 AM