Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A few questions.
Unidentified Sma...
post Jan 31 2014, 07:51 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,047

Well after finally getting around to playing Zeno Clash and Zeno Clash 2 (yeah I know, really late), I have a few questions.

1. While Ghat was with the Corwids, he wore a red mask. Why did he take it off when he returned back to Halstedom? Was it a developing issue, or was did Ghat have a reason for it? By the way, do you have a picture of the front of Corwid Ghat? All appearances of him wearing the mask seem to be with him facing the side.

2. *SPOILER* When Golem crushed himself at the end of ZC2, I thought that Ghat was still linked to him. Why does Ghat not die along with him?

3. Do allies grab stunned enemies in ZC2? I know that npcs don't grab each other in ZC1 but I haven't really paid attention to my allies in fights. (Though this isn't really related to the lore or anything, "Opportunist" is the only achievement I'm missing in ZC2. I don't have any friends who have ZC2, so I was wondering if co-op is really necessary to obtain the achievement)

I know that you guys probably aren't focused on the Zeno Clash universe anymore, but any answers would be greatly appreciated! smile.gif

Awesome concept and games by the way, hope you expand on it in the future.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Jan 31 2014, 05:01 PM
Post #2

Group: Developers
Member No.: 4

1) In their visual design almost all Corwids wear masks and in order to become a Corwid Ghat had to have his own mask. When Ghat returns to Halstedom he has abandoned the Corwid way - he is no longer the same man he was in the time he spent in the woods (he doesn't need his mask anymore).

I don't remember where the masked Ghat can be found outside of the game... maybe Garry's Mod? unsure.gif

2) In the final battle the South Golem is linking Ghat with the North Golem and through gameplay when you link the South Golem with the North Golem, the South Golem breaks the link (also breaking the link with you). This is the expected way to defeat this final boss. It would be normal to assume then that during the fight you eventually force the South Golem to break the link and then he never re-establishes the link in the end again.

Alternative number two (if you don't use the "un-linking" mechanic in that fight) is that it would be reasonable to think that the South Golem simply breaks the link before dying because it serves him no purpose to kill Ghat as well. It could be seen as a last noble act from him before he dies.

3) Nope, allies don't do grabs. Unfortunately that achievement is only possible through MP. I kind of regret creating it since a lot of people have complained about it, and we should have removed that achievement. :/

Thanks for playing both games!

+Quote Post
Unidentified Sma...
post Feb 1 2014, 08:15 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,047

1. Ah, I never realized that the Corwids all wear masks. That's really interesting - opens up a lot of ideas. Is it their way to somehow "hide" from reality? About Masked Ghat - the model pack you released only has regular Ghat, I just checked. By the way, are you planning to release a Zeno Clash 2 model pack?

2. Well that explains it. I didn't connect that part of the battle to the link between Golem and Ghat. Thanks for clearing it up.

3. I can see why you would put an achievement that was multiplayer exclusive - I don't see anything wrong with it. In fact, I would've expected more than 1 multiplayer achievement tongue.gif

Thank you for the prompt reply!

+Quote Post
redgee34
post Mar 7 2015, 06:15 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 13,486

I just finished Zeno Clash 2, and I just had to make sure you guys knew what a great job you did! I've never been so immersed in a game's world before. Just like the first game this one had a fantastic twist. I can't wait to see what other games you'll make.

Our excellent online learnalanguage.com - learn arabic training programs will learn a language.com lead you to success in the We also offer latest passguide and with 100% success guarantee. Our nocomprendo is rare in IT world.

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Mar 11 2015, 04:25 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Unidentified Small Critter @ Feb 1 2014, 09:15 AM) *
Thank you for the prompt reply!

There are no plans for a ZC2 model pack... the game has been out for quite a while.

Thanks to you for supporting us and playing smile.gif

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Mar 11 2015, 04:27 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (redgee34 @ Mar 7 2015, 07:15 AM) *
I just finished Zeno Clash 2, and I just had to make sure you guys knew what a great job you did! I've never been so immersed in a game's world before. Just like the first game this one had a fantastic twist. I can't wait to see what other games you'll make.

Thanks to you! Glad you enjoyed the game. You can always check Rock of Ages or Abyss Odyssey if you haven't (though they are pretty different to ZC).

We should be announcing a new project sometime this year.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: