Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Octopus Fight
clifton11
post Nov 6 2016, 03:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,991

During the fight with the octopus, I got knocked off the ledge (3rd level). I am unable to get back to the same spot due to the elevator on the first level not moving. I'm playing on a PS4.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dun
post Nov 6 2016, 05:51 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 13,992

QUOTE (clifton11 @ Nov 6 2016, 04:56 PM) *
During the fight with the octopus, I got knocked off the ledge (3rd level). I am unable to get back to the same spot due to the elevator on the first level not moving. I'm playing on a PS4.

I have exactly the same issue. It's preventing me from progressing.

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Nov 7 2016, 09:46 AM
Post #3

Group: Developers
Member No.: 4

Strange... you should have auto-spawned back into the fight. During boss battles the player should not be able to fall off the edge without being re-teleported into the fight.

If you reload the previous checkpoint to redo the fight what happens?

+Quote Post
dun
post Nov 7 2016, 11:41 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (Carlos Bordeu @ Nov 7 2016, 10:46 AM) *
Strange... you should have auto-spawned back into the fight. During boss battles the player should not be able to fall off the edge without being re-teleported into the fight.

If you reload the previous checkpoint to redo the fight what happens?

Re. Auto-teleporting, no that’s not what happened with the octopus fight. I fell all the way down to the bottom of the tower. I was not able to teleport back up, since the teleport function was disabled (presumably because the game thought I was in the middle of a boss fight). Having subsequently reloaded the previous checkpoint, I was then able to teleport back up the tower and navigate to where the octopus fight occurs, but there was no activity (no characters, no octopus) on the bottom circular area where the octopus first appears, and the lift up to the next level was not operational.

+Quote Post
kan3da
post Nov 7 2016, 02:07 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 13,994

Hi!
The same thing happens to me. I fell from the third floor above one checkpoint, and now the elevator on the first floor doesn't work and the Dr. and his pet are missing.
Please help. I want kill Dr. Schopenstein!!!

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Nov 7 2016, 04:18 PM
Post #6

Group: Developers
Member No.: 4

I've been checking to see if this was reported before and if it was addressed during the time the game launched (Deadly Tower was released on January).

The issue was only reported on PC at the time and was fixed there / then, but not for PS4 (since the issue apparently didn't happen on the console build). With the increased volume of people playing the Playstation 4 version (due to PS+) it now seems clear that the bug is rare but is present in the console build.

If reloading to a previous checkpoint isn't a solution I'm very sorry to say that you've reached a non-progression which has no solution and we need to see about the possibility of patching the PS4 build. Unfortunately that won't be a fast or easy thing to do since we need to coordinate with our publisher and Sony to go through a certification process for a game that was launched months ago.

This is sadly the double edged sword of console development - the certification process means the game is tested to make sure everything is ok for launch, however if something like this gets past the QA team and we get to learn about it 8 months later, we cannot quickly fix this. (On PC I'd have a fix uploaded today... for consoles I simply can't do that.)

I'm very sorry, but I will have to see what we can do about this. sad.gif

+Quote Post
kan3da
post Nov 7 2016, 07:28 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 13,994

Gracias Carlos. Thanks!
I'll be waiting.
Buenas noches.

+Quote Post
clifton11
post Nov 7 2016, 09:02 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 13,991

Thank you for following up on my post. Hopefully the issue can be resolved for future players of your game. I can always restart the game and try not to fall off the platform this time!

wink.gif

+Quote Post
dun
post Nov 9 2016, 11:06 AM
Post #9

Thank you for the honest and open response. I do hope a fix can be forthcoming, even if it takes a while.

+Quote Post
sonjas626
post Nov 10 2016, 03:37 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 14,000

Unfortunately I have also run into this bug sad.gif

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 03:04 PM