Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Replay Zeno Clash Club, appreciation
Starting Over
Will you replay Zeno Clash before you get your punchy fists on Zeno Clash 2?
Yes, I want to experience an unbroken narrative [ 4 ] ** [44.44%]
Yes, I just want to replay it for sake of it being a great game [ 2 ] ** [22.22%]
Yes, I have forgotten much of Zeno Clash and need to brush up on lore and punching [ 1 ] ** [11.11%]
No, out with the old and in with the new [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
No, I didn't like Zeno Clash (blasphemy!) but the sequel somehow appeals to me [ 1 ] ** [11.11%]
No, I already eat, sleep, breathe and piss Zeno Clash from previous play-throughs [ 1 ] ** [11.11%]
Total Votes: 9
Guests cannot vote 
sere
post Mar 25 2013, 01:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,649

Hello, fellow gamers of excellent taste. Zeno Clash was my second favorite game of all time; something I never get tired of proclaiming. I left gaming for about a year but now have a new steam account with my recently acquired PC. Having searched for Zeno Clash 2 last fall I grew excited when I discovered news the game was near finished and relished the preview trailers. Today I added Zeno Clash and Rock of Ages to my steam library (newer account) without paying attention to price beforehand. Luckily, both titles are on sale for about 75% off (USA) so it felt like fate! I recommend any and all gamers add either or both games to your library during this discount period!

Anyway, I am going to start a new play-through of Zeno Clash shortly to remember some bits here and there as well as to bask in the wonderful air of zenozoik.

I have mostly a black out for Zeno Clash 2 information and news, want to be surprised without too much spoil.. I don't even know when it's tentatively scheduled for release.

Drop a line here if you will replay Zeno Clash to gear up before the sequel arrives or explain why you won't be replaying.

--------------------
-sere
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Mar 25 2013, 04:25 PM
Post #2

Group: Developers
Member No.: 4

Sere: Just out of curiosity - what's your favorite game of all time? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
tschumann
post Mar 26 2013, 05:32 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 283

I'm hoping I have some free time between now and when Zeno Clash 2 comes out to play the original again.
I need to brush up on punching again too.

+Quote Post
sere
post Mar 27 2013, 01:09 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 9,649

QUOTE (Carlos Bordeu @ Mar 25 2013, 04:25 PM) *
Sere: Just out of curiosity - what's your favorite game of all time? unsure.gif

Officially? Quake. Notice I did not say, "Quake 1" because there is only one true Quake. Being a teenager in high school and having my buddy give me the first shareware game on CD (dark forces still came on floppy) with a gritty textured cover and brutal nail crescent "Q" that suggested all the previous years spent playing doom weren't enough to prepare me for what I would play later that night after dinner. It was a youthful obsession from then on, the magic of playing during the advent of online fps with 24 kbps hpb's gunning after the chicago players lucky enough to have brand new cable modems. 400 ping was average!

Quake, it did it first and did it best.. even if by technicality some other title offered a feature before quake, it didn't do it to the level Quake did it. I spent alot of time on the single player campaign but exponentially more in DM, 3wave ctf and my favorite, team fortress (clan avalanche server). I had to wait until my parents went to bed to sneak downstairs to the PC (cyrix 133, upgraded the s3 virge to tnt2 i forget which year). I threw a towel over the box thinking I could dampen the sound of the modem. I played every night each school year in secret, neglecting homework and forgetting about exams and grades.

I am going to stop short before I start puking nostalgia all over everybody but Quake is my all time favorite game, maybe not so much for the game itself but for what it ushered while setting the bar very high from the get go. When I think about quake-spy, the tool for browsing servers, making friends lists and tracking some basic stats for those times... how it was a community offering (before it became gamespy grrrr) and did so much on the understanding of expectation and standards... when I think about that simple thing and then compare it to this garbage we have now like "battlelog" and "xbox live gold" grrrrr grrrrrrrrr I want to turn these new "services" into gibs!

For anything to be considered a second favorite would have to ring many right chords smile.gif

I do alot of sucking up to an even tinier outfit, "boss baddie", who recently had their games released on steam. They fill a different need but you would probably like them.

I drank coffee before typing this.

--------------------
-sere

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Mar 27 2013, 01:10 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (sere @ Mar 27 2013, 01:09 AM) *
I do alot of sucking up to an even tinier outfit, "boss baddie", who recently had their games released on steam. They fill a different need but you would probably like them.

Cool game they got: Big Sky. I was a big fan of retro games like Gradius, Axelay and R-Type. Cool. Random generated gameplay sounds interesting.

+Quote Post
tschumann
post Apr 2 2013, 05:09 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Well I've started playing again. I've got up to fighting the Northern Gate gang.
Anyone else playing through again?

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Apr 2 2013, 11:34 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 3

There should be a lot of newcomers now that the game is being gifted with a ZC2 purchase.

+Quote Post
Balthazar
post Apr 7 2013, 10:02 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 12,671

I've been wanting to replay Zeno Clash for a while, but I am waiting until the second game is released. I want all of the story and game play elements as fresh in my mind as possible. This time I will try for all of the achievements.

+Quote Post
Sano
post Apr 15 2013, 04:54 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 12,673

Made it to the Northern Gate Gang about a week ago and died 3 times in a row on the hardest difficulty. Just fired the game up earlier today and beat Tower Challenge 5 on my 2nd attempt.

Might finish the rest of my playthrough before the 30th. happy.gif

+Quote Post
tschumann
post Apr 17 2013, 07:30 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

I just beat Gabel after defeating Chneero.

Other games have been distracting me.

+Quote Post
tschumann
post Apr 27 2013, 07:03 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Just finished it.

So the guy with a telescope is another Golem I'm guessing?

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Apr 27 2013, 10:03 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (tschumann @ Apr 27 2013, 07:03 PM) *
Just finished it.

So the guy with a telescope is another Golem I'm guessing?

He's in ZC2... but you'll have to find out yourself cool.gif

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: