10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Official Zeno Clash Bugs thread, discuss and report all bugs here
Shadowbade
post Apr 22 2009, 04:58 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 182

After doing a complete run through of the game, I've composed what I think are bugs or something in that category. The game is still awesome by the way biggrin.gif

Bugs:
-Abnormally high lag, even with high end PC specs
-Additionally, there is high lag with the sound and music
-Getting hit with a projectile while reloading cancels it (this became a problem on the level where you float down the river while being attacked by rock-throwing shadows)
-Occasionally, when your fatigue bar is still half full, Gaht acts as if he's completely out
-No matter what key it's assigned to, Gaht occasionally won't block (usually after you just threw a punch)

Just a suggestion:
When using a melee-only weapon, it may be helpful if the lock on feature could be used without putting your weapon away. The idea came when a larger enemy that can't be locked onto is a short distance away from a smaller enemy that recently appeared. As soon as the little guy's down, there's normally not enough time to draw back and strike the bigger one.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Smoshy
post Apr 22 2009, 06:31 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 474

QUOTE (Andres Bordeu @ Apr 22 2009, 03:49 PM) *
We're realising a patch today that addresses the problems with the Challenge Mode. We also made slight adjustments to make it easier. Apparently the difficulty setting is a little too high. smile.gif

We'll announce the update through the forums when it goes live.

haha that's true it's difficult, I almost did it but yeah you know.. hahaha
and thanks =D

--------------------
Zeno Clash RULEZ !!

+Quote Post
Spore
post Apr 22 2009, 07:49 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 33

Fantastic job with Zeno Clash, I'm glad I've followed it for so long. These may have been said somewhere on here by now, but are the only things I've discovered in my playthrough.

During the fight with the Hunter at the beach, if you stand next to the walkway that you get up and down the beach from, he will not throw rats or do anything. You are able to simply shoot him. I was surprised to find that when I told my friend about this, that he had done the same thing! Anyway, it ought to be fixed.

This next one isn't technically a bug, but in chapter 8 I believe, after you beat the Elephant Man and others next to the pig pen, Father-Mother says "He didn't know", but the English subtitles write it as "He did'nt know". The smallest apostrophe error ever, I know, but still... (:

+Quote Post
Zeno
post Apr 22 2009, 10:44 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 375

I don;t know if it was meant to be like this but i have Father-Mothers health at 0. I've been shooting her and meleeing her over and over and she wont die. The health bar makes it look like shes 1 more hp.

+Quote Post
mr_Sky
post Apr 22 2009, 10:50 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 326

QUOTE (Zeno @ Apr 22 2009, 07:44 PM) *
I don;t know if it was meant to be like this but i have Father-Mothers health at 0. I've been shooting her and meleeing her over and over and she wont die. The health bar makes it look like shes 1 more hp.

The issue there is that she *needs* to be finished with a punch. They plan on making it more clear in a future update.

+Quote Post
Zeno
post Apr 22 2009, 10:55 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 375

QUOTE (mr_Sky @ Apr 22 2009, 10:50 PM) *
The issue there is that she *needs* to be finished with a punch. They plan on making it more clear in a future update.

Ya. Just figured it out. Started pressing random buttons till I got my fist and then just punched her.

+Quote Post
Guest_FuraxHornyx_*
post Apr 23 2009, 01:24 PM
Post #27

Guests

QUOTE (David C @ Apr 22 2009, 04:02 PM) *
try to run the game with these options: -w 800 -h 600 (Properties->Set Launch options)

Thanks, it worked !

But, when I exit the game, the game hangs, and when I alt+tab or ctrl+alt+del, I get an error message from GameOverlayUI.exe.

At least I can play smile.gif

+Quote Post
Chrispy
post Apr 23 2009, 01:53 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 497

Hey guys, I have a problem that I haven't seen any other posts about.

So, everytime I start the game the ace logo shows up fine and then it proceeds to a pink and blue screen (possibly a city in the background) where it loads... and loads... and loads. And then after about a minute of nothing but this screen the game crashes and a window pops up that says "zenoclash.exe has stopped working. Windows is searching for a problem".

That's pretty much all I can tell you guys about it. I've un-installed and re-installed the game a couple times but that doesn't seem to help because I keep encountering the same problem. I have Vista, I don't know if that would be an issue, and i bought the game through steam.

Any help would be awesome because I'm really anticipating playing this game. I pre-ordered it about a month ago and can't wait to play it. Thanks in advance! wink.gif

+Quote Post
*VeLeRoN*
post Apr 23 2009, 02:07 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18

QUOTE (Chrispy @ Apr 23 2009, 09:53 PM) *
And then after about a minute of nothing but this screen the game crashes and a window pops up that says "zenoclash.exe has stopped working. Windows is searching for a problem".

Read this, it might help:
HL2.EXE has stopped working
And this:
Verifying Game Cache Files (GCF)

+Quote Post
Guest_Sartorius_*
post Apr 23 2009, 04:17 PM
Post #30

Guests

I've having been having a bug in the first fight with Elephant Man (outside the bar) and Swamps area where the sound is looping during certain portions. For example, Golem's introduction became "I am Go-Go-Go-Go-Go...m." When fighting Elephant Man, I experienced FPS loss and choppiness when turning. I love this game, but the loop-oop-oop-ooping is getting kinda annoying.

+Quote Post
Meho Krljic
post Apr 23 2009, 04:32 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 500

I have tested the game using the cracked version and it worked with no bugs. Then I purchased the Steam version and it started hanging up on the first screen. Of course the reason was that it was trying to get in touch with the server and my firewall wouldn't let it through. Nothing buggy about it except that I couldn't see the dialog box with Zone Alarm asking me whether to allow the game to go to the Internet. So, it's not a bug, but it would be helpful if you once have time to look into it because inexperienced people will think the game is crashing or something.

Oh, and, awesome game, well worth my money, thank you guys!!

+Quote Post
*VeLeRoN*
post Apr 23 2009, 05:41 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18

QUOTE (Meho Krljic @ Apr 24 2009, 12:32 AM) *
I couldn't see the dialog box with Zone Alarm asking me whether to allow the game to go to the Internet. So, it's not a bug, but it would be helpful if you once have time to look into it because inexperienced people will think the game is crashing or something.

Zone Alarm is one of those programs which interfere with steam, it's not a Zeno Clash specific issue.

Programs Which May Interfere with Steam

+Quote Post
Meho Krljic
post Apr 24 2009, 01:23 AM
Post #33

QUOTE (*VeLeRoN* @ Apr 23 2009, 11:41 PM) *
Zone Alarm is one of those programs which interfere with steam, it's not a Zeno Clash specific issue.

Programs Which May Interfere with Steam

Right... But Zeno Clash is the only Steam game I've had this problem with... Hmmmm... Anyway, no biggie, really, I was just posting this so that people without an idea what it's about now get an idea... The game is amazingly smooth and bug free as far as I have played it...

+Quote Post
Guest_Some Guest_*
post Apr 24 2009, 02:38 PM
Post #34

Guests

Some bugs & suggestions for a GREAT and AMAZING game!

*possible SPOILER* On the beach with the stranged "whale" where the guy drops squirrels for the 2nd time - If you stand at the right
place under the rock the squirrels never land, as they get stuck on the rock above you and never move from there again (they actually "float" in the air about 1m above the rock/cave entrance) */spoiler*

Can we have a key to separate pickup of weapons and locking targets?
Can we have a key to drop/put away weapons without locking on a target?

Why does the broken stone club (just the "Stick" part left, no club) do as much damage as the whole thing? Kinda defeats the sense of having a broken weapon.

The range of the "sword" seems, if not off, at least harder to judge than the stone club..

If you charge (back key + right mouse) your punch and UNlock from a target, or quickly lock and then unlock, you will hit the enemy 99/100 times (assuming you are close enough), while if you stay Locked on they dodge like 70% it seems. I could have beat the game using this one supercharge punch for 9/10 hits. No need for the whole advanced blocking system unfortunately when it works like this. Just move backwards while charging and they will run after - then move forward and strike as they come close. Only 1 of 10 times do they dodge or hit you first, and then really it's only because your own bad timing tongue.gif

All large enemies (elephant, bear-looking thing, and even father-mother(!)) get stuck when they try to charge you and run into an extended/invisible part of a wall/tree/column/whathaveyou. This made the father-mother fight pretty dissapointing, especially since you could defeat him to 75% with just the fishguns.

At the very end, after credits - all I get is a black screen. Is this normal?
Challenge room 1 was locked, but all others unlocked - but I guess thats being fixed in the patch?

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Apr 24 2009, 06:40 PM
Post #35

Group: Developers
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Some Guest @ Apr 24 2009, 02:38 PM) *
Some bugs & suggestions for a GREAT and AMAZING game!

*possible SPOILER* On the beach with the stranged "whale" where the guy drops squirrels for the 2nd time - If you stand at the right
place under the rock the squirrels never land, as they get stuck on the rock above you and never move from there again (they actually "float" in the air about 1m above the rock/cave entrance) */spoiler*

Can we have a key to separate pickup of weapons and locking targets?
Can we have a key to drop/put away weapons without locking on a target?

Why does the broken stone club (just the "Stick" part left, no club) do as much damage as the whole thing? Kinda defeats the sense of having a broken weapon.

The range of the "sword" seems, if not off, at least harder to judge than the stone club..

If you charge (back key + right mouse) your punch and UNlock from a target, or quickly lock and then unlock, you will hit the enemy 99/100 times (assuming you are close enough), while if you stay Locked on they dodge like 70% it seems. I could have beat the game using this one supercharge punch for 9/10 hits. No need for the whole advanced blocking system unfortunately when it works like this. Just move backwards while charging and they will run after - then move forward and strike as they come close. Only 1 of 10 times do they dodge or hit you first, and then really it's only because your own bad timing tongue.gif

All large enemies (elephant, bear-looking thing, and even father-mother(!)) get stuck when they try to charge you and run into an extended/invisible part of a wall/tree/column/whathaveyou. This made the father-mother fight pretty dissapointing, especially since you could defeat him to 75% with just the fishguns.

At the very end, after credits - all I get is a black screen. Is this normal?
Challenge room 1 was locked, but all others unlocked - but I guess thats being fixed in the patch?

We will be addressing some of these issues in our next update. Stay tuned! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Chrispy
post Apr 24 2009, 07:02 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 497

YESSSS!!!

After hours of various steam troubleshooting tips I finally got it working. Putting "-dvlevel 90" in the launch options made it work for some reason. I'm not even sure what it does but if it works, it works. Well, thanks for the help. wink.gif

+Quote Post
gzubeck
post Apr 25 2009, 03:34 AM
Post #37

Member No.: 449

I don't know if these nitpicks would be considered Bugs or minor irritations in Game play. Using a mouse and Keyboard seems to be difficult with a game that has fast action and lags between swinging and hitting your opponent. I'm not the best gamer out there but I have become decent at playing and figuring out Half Life 2 with a mouse and keyboard and it doesn't seem to be half as difficult (other than new area design challenges) as zenoclash. Was Zenoclash really designed to be used with some type of game pad controller cause its not mouse/keyboard friendly? The game looks very good and I hope you guys figure out how to make the PC user experience more fun by ironing out some of the Bugs. Sometimes during the game I feel like my character gets locked in and hangs and the controls becomes stuck and unresponsive. Sometime its just hard to figure out the right moves and combos to defeat your enemies. Could you guys add an option in your game for replaying fighting demos for complex fighting or a replay video somewhere on your site. Thanks.

+Quote Post
Guest_Greenzone_*
post Apr 25 2009, 03:55 AM
Post #38

Guests

My problem with zeno clash is that it returns me to dekstop during load screens and startup. Now everyother game i play from steam does that, i simply tab the game up and is running fine again. But zeno clash just changes the resolution leaving only a "zeno clash" in the top left. I've contacted steam support before about this issue but they weren't much help. I guess it has something to do with the source engine.

+Quote Post
Meho Krljic
post Apr 25 2009, 05:58 AM
Post #39

Have just encountered my first real crash. During the second fight with the combat-instructor (sorry, the name escapes me), after he explains the techniques to me, he then starts kicking those plants (?) to release the psychedelic fumes (my interpretation) and the game checkpoints at the moment when the green transparent 'duplicates' start appearing. This was the moment when it locked up for me. It looped the sound and froze. I ctrl-alt-delled and managed first to get a black screen with a slightly different sound loop and then, after several more ctrl-alt-dels I was sent to the desktop. Zeno Clash was terminated but Steam was still fully on. No big deal, I relaunched the game, reloaded the checkpoint and successfully passed the point. Is this the sound-stutter bug that plagued HL2 back then?

Edit: Just occured to me I should post at least the OS I am using: Windows XP with the Sp3 installed and DX9 up to snuff.

+Quote Post
Torgue
post Apr 25 2009, 06:05 AM
Post #40

Member No.: 52

A minor quirk. If you enter the Steam community in the main menu (Shift+tab), the background animation freezes.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: