//

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> System Requirements and Multiplayer?, Just a few questions
Guest_Flieboy_*
post Oct 5 2008, 11:57 AM
Post #1

Guests

Hi guys, first I would just like to say this game looks absolutely incredible! I have never seen anything like it and I wish I was on the dev team so kudos to you guys. I would just like to ask, when will you be releasing the system requirements, if you haven't already, and also will there be multiplayer implementation at all because I can imagine multiplayer being very good. Thanks for any replies I get, and once again great looking game guys, cannot wait to try it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Oct 5 2008, 02:03 PM
Post #2

Group: Developers
Member No.: 4

Thanks Flieboy.

About the system requirements: We don't have anything final yet but my guess is that it will be similar to what you need to play Half-Life episode 2. We don't want very high system requirements. We want something that lots of people can play. It will run on older machines.

We don't have multiplayer in the game... it wasn't the focus of the project and we'd much rather invest our time on getting a solid single player. We're a relatively small team so we have to focus our work in this game. This doesn't mean we won't ever have a multiplayer component, just not with our first release.

+Quote Post
Guest_Flieboy_*
post Oct 5 2008, 02:18 PM
Post #3

Guests

Thank you for the speedy reply. I am very happy about the system requirements and I do think multiplayer would be good in an update. Also I was wondering when you plan to release the game?

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Oct 5 2008, 11:32 PM
Post #4

Well... if we create a multiplayer component it's not going to be a small thing... it would be something that would take time... not just a small update. I like the way Valve has gone with this subject in a sense that Half-Life is their singleplayer game and they have other multiplayer games that are not necessarily Half-Life related. Maybe that might be something we might want to do... who knows. Of course we would keep the originality and unique art we are putting in Zeno Clash.

Regarding the release date: We hope to have some more definitive news on this soon. We will obviously post the info in the forums.

+Quote Post
Methos
post Jan 28 2009, 09:13 AM
Post #5

Group: Members
Member No.: 176

Can I play Zeno Clash with a AMD Athlon 3500+ and a Radeon x550? Both components are from 2004 and are good enough to play CoD4. But I Don't know the System Requirements of Zeno Clash.

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Jan 28 2009, 10:44 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (Methos @ Jan 28 2009, 10:13 AM) *
Can I play Zeno Clash with a AMD Athlon 3500+ and a Radeon x550? Both components are from 2004 and are good enough to play CoD4. But I Don't know the System Requirements of Zeno Clash.

If you can play Left 4 Dead you can play Zeno Clash. I'm not sure how ZC compares to COD4 in terms of requirements, but I think you are ok. Our game doesn't ask for too much.

+Quote Post
Ramius
post Jan 29 2009, 04:39 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 162

I'm pretty sure it will work out - in my humblest of opinions (and I'm by no means an expert): COD4 has heavier reqs as Left 4 Dead or Episode 2.

The question that remains is: Can you play COD4 (play as in "it runs but doesn't look pretty") or can you play it in an enjoyable setting?

--------------------
.o( Steal five dollars and you are a petty thief steal thousands of dollars and you are either a government or a hero.)
--Moist von Lipwig (Going Postal - Terry Pratchett)

+Quote Post
Methos
post Jan 29 2009, 02:03 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 176

CoD4 runs on my PC with an resolution of 1024x768 and highest texture details. But I can't play with high model details.

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Jan 29 2009, 03:56 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 3

If COD 4 is running on high settings I'm sure you should be able to enable high graphic settings for Zeno Clash. We're not 100% through with optimizations, so we can't say exactly how a specific machine will be able to handle Zeno Clash. We have a broad amount of hardware configurations at the office and we're pushing the game so it looks good and plays good on the crummy computers too.

I think what Carlos said is the best thing to use as a guide: Check what your computer can do with Left 4 Dead. ZC is based on the same tech so it should run similar to L4D.

+Quote Post
Ps3luver
post Apr 6 2009, 08:22 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 318

My graphics card is a Nividia 9500. I have 160 GB of space left on my RAM. I also am using a Windows Vista Home Basic. Is that enough to run Zeno Clash? I looked at the requirements in Steam, but I just wanted to check with you guys.

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Apr 6 2009, 09:17 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Ps3luver @ Apr 6 2009, 08:22 AM) *
My graphics card is a Nividia 9500. I have 160 GB of space left on my RAM. I also am using a Windows Vista Home Basic. Is that enough to run Zeno Clash? I looked at the requirements in Steam, but I just wanted to check with you guys.

Look for your video card stats here:

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/gaming-...sode-2,770.html

+Quote Post
Raymond Tracer
post Apr 6 2009, 02:34 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 311

QUOTE (Ps3luver @ Apr 6 2009, 10:22 PM) *

What what? 160GB of RAM? Are you kidding me? huh.gif I think you mean HDD wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ps3luver
post Apr 6 2009, 04:01 PM
Post #13

I guess so. But my RAM has about 3 GB

Andres! I found 9600 and stuff below that but not 9500! Please tell me that is enough!

Never mind. On steam it says it has to be better than 6600. Mine is WAY better than that!

Sorry I used three posts! I forgot that I could put it all in one!

+Quote Post
*VeLeRoN*
post Apr 7 2009, 12:28 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18

Looks like 9500 GT's performance is more or less as good as that of 8600 gts (~ 30 fps here)

Meaning - you'll be just fine.

+Quote Post
Guest_John Harak_*
post Apr 7 2009, 03:32 PM
Post #15

Guests

[As posted by Ps3luver -- Veleron]

Thank you. I'm cool now. cool.gif

QUOTE (*VeLeRoN* @ Apr 7 2009, 12:28 PM) *
Looks like 9500 GT's performance is more or less as good as that of 8600 gts (~ 30 fps here)

Meaning - you'll be just fine.

Okay. You can delete my message below your message. I forgot to log in! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
*VeLeRoN*
post Apr 7 2009, 04:02 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18

You gotta stop doing it, posting double/triple posts. Merged. tongue.gif

What I'm not 100% sure is that you have 9500GT, you didn't say it's 9500GT, but this GT version is the only one I found. Not sure if 9500 gs/gts/gtx or any other modifications exist. No idea.

EDIT:
Yeah, looks like it's the only one, 9500gt. http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_9500gt_us.html

EDIT2:
Don't forget that you are likely to get higher fps running the game at a lower resolution. Those test results Andres posted are for 1920x1200, that is a 24" monitor. If you have a smaller one, you'll probably get higher fps.

+Quote Post
Ps3luver
post Apr 7 2009, 04:32 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (*VeLeRoN* @ Apr 7 2009, 04:02 PM) *
You gotta stop doing it, posting double/triple posts. Merged. tongue.gif

What I'm not 100% sure is that you have 9500GT, you didn't say it's 9500GT, but this GT version is the only one I found. Not sure if 9500 gs/gts/gtx or any other modifications exist. No idea.

EDIT:
Yeah, looks like it's the only one, 9500gt. http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_9500gt_us.html

EDIT2:
Don't forget that you are likely to get higher fps running the game at a lower resolution. Those test results Andres posted are for 1920x1200, that is a 24" monitor. If you have a smaller one, you'll probably get higher fps.

Yes it is GT. Sorry for posting those triple posts. It won't happen again. wink.gif

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th August 2017 - 01:26 PM