Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Therium>?
Guest_blue demon_*
post Jul 1 2009, 07:16 PM
Post #1

Guests

How on earth are you supposed to beat...Therium / theriom...whateer his name is in the Alley section of the game?

He's pretty damn tough.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Jul 2 2009, 08:46 AM
Post #2

Group: Developers
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (blue demon @ Jul 1 2009, 07:16 PM) *
How on earth are you supposed to beat...Therium / theriom...whateer his name is in the Alley section of the game?

He's pretty damn tough.

Same as with Gabel... It's a little trickier because you are in a tighter space. Get rid of the other guy quickly so he doesn't interfere in the fight. Tip: You can smash at Therium when he's charging you if you have good timing.

Once you get a hang of how to fight heavies they're quite simple. You can escape their ram and hit from behind (always effective).

+Quote Post
Guest_blue demon_*
post Jul 2 2009, 09:54 AM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE (Andres Bordeu @ Jul 2 2009, 08:46 AM) *
Same as with Gabel... It's a little trickier because you are in a tighter space. Get rid of the other guy quickly so he doesn't interfere in the fight. Tip: You can smash at Therium when he's charging you if you have good timing.

Once you get a hang of how to fight heavies they're quite simple. You can escape their ram and hit from behind (always effective).

Yeah - thats my strategy...but it ain't happening on this fella.

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Jul 2 2009, 11:06 AM
Post #4

Go for a fully charged blow* when he's standing up (go behind him and wait for him to completely stand before releasing the attack).

*Hold Mouse2 and release -> stronger blow.

+Quote Post
LTK
post Jul 2 2009, 11:55 AM
Post #5

Group: Members
Member No.: 547

Back up against a wall, and wait for Therium to charge you. Then hold the right mouse button and release it when he is close. It's fail-proof, you can only do it wrong once, and afterwards you should know how to time it.

If you're having so much trouble with Therium, how did you beat Deinother in the Northern Gate Bar? I found him much harder to beat.

+Quote Post
udm
post Jul 2 2009, 02:33 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 602

What I normally do with Heavies is keep a respectable distance from them, so they can't hit you, and charge up the weapon. Once you feel the weapon's going to be fully charged, move in for the kill.

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Jul 2 2009, 05:06 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (udm @ Jul 2 2009, 02:33 PM) *
What I normally do with Heavies is keep a respectable distance from them, so they can't hit you, and charge up the weapon. Once you feel the weapon's going to be fully charged, move in for the kill.

That may not be very effective because the heavy will counter your swings many times. You have to land hits when the heavy cannot deflect your weapon (i.e. when he's ramming past you, just after he misses a blow, etc.).

Try adopting a new strategy. It's fun to change your fighting approach too! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Draken
post Jul 2 2009, 09:38 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 715

QUOTE (Andres Bordeu @ Jul 2 2009, 06:06 PM) *
That may not be very effective because the heavy will counter your swings many times. You have to land hits when the heavy cannot deflect your weapon (i.e. when he's ramming past you, just after he misses a blow, etc.).

Try adopting a new strategy. It's fun to change your fighting approach too! cool.gif

I use the same method. I charge the weapon while being very close to the heavy, but not in his hit distance, then when weapon is almost fully charged i make a step forward and hit the heavy. It always succeed... Heavies can block the normal blow easy and 90% of the time, but the charged blow always go throught. They never block it.

At first I used to run around them and hit them in the back before they turn. But it was not very efficient because :

1) running makes you tired
2) even if you stop pressing SHIFT on your keyboard, sometimes gath keeps running (and getting tired)
3) the heavies have a strange hit animation where they hit you when you are on their sides, almost more than 90 degrees to their back (sometimes you don't end up running exactly to their 180 degree back and you get hit)... So I found out that charging the weapon is a better and faster method for killing a heavy without getting hit at all.

+Quote Post
udm
post Jul 2 2009, 11:53 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 602

QUOTE (Andres Bordeu @ Jul 2 2009, 05:06 PM) *

Well finding new ways to fight is certainly fun, and I'll be trying it once I finish all the Challenge levels. So far, I still find charging to the max and swinging the most effective, because it can't be blocked

+Quote Post
Guest_blue demon_*
post Jul 3 2009, 07:59 AM
Post #10

Guests

QUOTE (udm @ Jul 2 2009, 11:53 PM) *
Well finding new ways to fight is certainly fun, and I'll be trying it once I finish all the Challenge levels. So far, I still find charging to the max and swinging the most effective, because it can't be blocked

Ok - did it...

I just waited for him to charge and then side stepped. Came behind him and cracked him a dozen times really fast. I used mouse 1.

From behind it's faster and he can't block.

If you're having so much trouble with Therium, how did you beat Deinother in the Northern Gate Bar? I found him much harder to beat.

Was that the elephant dude? I dunno - I think the cramped room makes it harder for me.

I noticed that after the mechanic was disposed of Therium sometimes didn't charge...I dunno if that's a bug...I thought I'd mention it anyway. (I'm not too good with It stuff!)

+Quote Post
Draken
post Jul 3 2009, 10:59 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 715

QUOTE (blue demon @ Jul 3 2009, 08:59 AM) *
I noticed that after the mechanic was disposed of Therium sometimes didn't charge...I dunno if that's a bug...I thought I'd mention it anyway. (I'm not too good with It stuff!)

If you stay close to a heavy enemy he won't charge you. He charges only if you go far away from him, which is useful when you are fighting many enemies. You can trick him into charging others and damaging them, and sometimes they even start fighting each other. (Especially in the tower.)

+Quote Post
Gentleman
post Jul 25 2009, 05:34 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 739

When I did it once I smacked Therium through a door somehow, so I had to turn on noclip to get him XD

--------------------
Zeno Clash 2!

+Quote Post
Shakur
post Jul 25 2009, 06:41 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 750

If you fully charge the heavy attack, (secondary fire) he can't dodge you.

--------------------

PICKLES IS GREAT!
HERE CHOOSE ONE!

+Quote Post
Gentleman
post Jul 25 2009, 09:29 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Shakur @ Jul 25 2009, 11:41 AM) *
If you fully charge the heavy attack, (secondary fire) he can't dodge you.

Still, he could hit you.

--------------------
Zeno Clash 2!

+Quote Post
Shakur
post Jul 26 2009, 06:11 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 750

yes but I keep a good distance at him and go nearer when is about fully charged.
Also you can "block" his charges at you with a weak punch!
This seems like a bug too me...

--------------------

PICKLES IS GREAT!
HERE CHOOSE ONE!

+Quote Post
Gentleman
post Jul 26 2009, 06:14 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Shakur @ Jul 26 2009, 11:11 AM) *
yes but I keep a good distance at him and go nearer when is about fully charged.
Also you can "block" his charges at you with a weak punch!
This seems like a bug too me...

I don't think it is. Think about it. You're a large dude and you charge at an enemy, but the smack you across the head with a bone club. Ouch?

--------------------
Zeno Clash 2!

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: