Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Xbox One Story Campaign Data Wipes
QFuzzle
post Feb 16 2018, 09:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,259

Hello. My wife and I play this game together. It's a fun time. Really well done game.

We are discouraged, though, because every time we play the story campaign mode,our story progress resets when we close the game. When we return, all of our customization and unlocked items are still available to us. We make sure to allow the autosave icon to appear before closing the game, but we always come back to having to start the story from the beginning (even the overworld map shows our items are unlocked, but we have to do the levels over again starting from 0 stars).

I have only found a hand full of people reporting this problem for Xbox, only one of which has been on this forum (back in September of 2017). The problem is still there.

I registered just to make sure the ACE team knows this is still a problem for some Xbox users. Thank you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tschumann
post Feb 17 2018, 06:13 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 283

Hm, seems odd that Microsoft didn't pick this up in their QA process - I guess your Rock of Ages II and Xbox firmware are up to date? What storage medium are you using for save-games?

+Quote Post
QFuzzle
post Feb 17 2018, 11:38 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (tschumann @ Feb 17 2018, 04:13 PM) *
Hm, seems odd that Microsoft didn't pick this up in their QA process - I guess your Rock of Ages II and Xbox firmware are up to date? What storage medium are you using for save-games?

External Hard Drive is our primary place for games (and I assume saves). And yes, the game and the Xbox are both up to date. Maybe due to some people using internal hard drive and others using external hard drives is where there's been a split in some people dealing with this issue and others not.

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Feb 19 2018, 09:25 AM
Post #4

Group: Developers
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (QFuzzle @ Feb 18 2018, 12:38 AM) *
External Hard Drive is our primary place for games (and I assume saves). And yes, the game and the Xbox are both up to date. Maybe due to some people using internal hard drive and others using external hard drives is where there's been a split in some people dealing with this issue and others not.

Any chance you could verify if this still happens if the game is played from the internal storage?

+Quote Post
QFuzzle
post Feb 21 2018, 03:23 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Andres Bordeu @ Feb 19 2018, 07:25 AM) *
Any chance you could verify if this still happens if the game is played from the internal storage?

I took some time to test this (twice so far). Loading the game up from internal storage, then playing single player, then completely exiting from the game and restarting the game has shown to keep my story mode progress intact.

I will play again with my wife and test this method.

+Quote Post
QFuzzle
post Feb 21 2018, 11:20 PM
Post #6

After some time away, the wife and I returned to the game to find all the stars I earned a couple days ago gone and progress set back to zero on the Story Campaign. I booted everything up the same way I did previously, so I'm not sure why it worked last time but not this time.
As it is, we are going to have to play through the whole game without shutting the game down to experience the entire Story Campaign.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th February 2018 - 04:08 AM