//

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Extreme lag in co-op multiplayer and verses mode controller issues, Multiplayer issues, co-op and versus
Fitzy
post Jan 30 2016, 12:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,681

Hello all, I'm a big fan of the game and before I get into the post I would like to give a big thanks to the developers for creating such a interesting game with a very unique art style and fluid game play mechanics. That being said there are two pretty large issues that I need to bring attention to which I also posted about on the steam forum but decided to post it here as well as I believe they are large issue that needs to be addressed.

As the title suggests me and a friend of mine we're completely unable to play co-op together due to incredibly high lag/choppy framerates. In my friends game the lag resulted in constant teleporting of all the characters on the screen making combat almost impossible and eventually If I was knocked over in his game i would be stook on the ground indefinitely, unable to get up by any means forcing us to have to quit out. My friend didn't fare much better in my world, where due to heavy lagging he was completely unable to traverse a particular obstacle( a double jump to reach a higher platform) and environmental hazards were invisible for him making progress impossible.

There was also a issue in versus mode where upon joining my friends game once we got into the match my controller stopped working completely. I couldn't access menus, move, attack or do anything with it which is strange because it works fine with the same friend in co-op and the lag that we had in co-op was now completely gone.

As I said i'm a big fan of the game and these issues make playing multiplayer impossible which is a huge shame, does anyone know of any fixes for these issues? Or if the developers are aware of these problems?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tschumann
post Jan 30 2016, 07:42 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 283

I think a few people have reported lag in coop though I'm not sure if everyone experiences it (I haven't tried myself, and the people without problems probably won't post about it). Possibly there are some settings that cause problems for certain setups? If you look in My Documents\My Games\AbyssOdyssey\AOGame\Config\AOGame.ini or AOEngine.ini there are lot of settings related to bandwidth, internet speed, LAN speed, TCP, UDP, online, timeout, sockets, connections, etc. I don't have a great understanding of what they all mean but the numeric values at least could probably be tweaked to find some improvements.

Not sure about the controller issue though - does versus mode have monsters etc? I still haven't finished the single player yet so I haven't explored the multiplayer options...

+Quote Post
Fitzy
post Jan 30 2016, 08:27 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (tschumann @ Jan 30 2016, 11:42 PM) *
I think a few people have reported lag in coop though I'm not sure if everyone experiences it (I haven't tried myself, and the people without problems probably won't post about it). Possibly there are some settings that cause problems for certain setups? If you look in My Documents\My Games\AbyssOdyssey\AOGame\Config\AOGame.ini or AOEngine.ini there are lot of settings related to bandwidth, internet speed, LAN speed, TCP, UDP, online, timeout, sockets, connections, etc. I don't have a great understanding of what they all mean but the numeric values at least could probably be tweaked to find some improvements.

Not sure about the controller issue though - does versus mode have monsters etc? I still haven't finished the single player yet so I haven't explored the multiplayer options...

Hey tschumann thanks for responding, I wouldn't be to confident in changing those settings as i'd have no idea what i'd be doing but it's good to know that they are there. I didn't consider whether the issue is related to specific setups but if it helps I can get me and my friends specs? I think there are a few different threads on the steam forums from a few months back that have similar issues with online co-op, and there was also a single thread reporting the same issue with the controller.

Versus mode does have monsters, you chose a main character which can be the chosen from the protagonists and a few npcs/bosses as well e.g. Jackle and and then chose a backup character which can be almost any character you've unlocked excluding the protagonists and npcs/bosses.

Edit: It's probably worth mentioning that the controller i'm using is not an xbox or ps3 controller but a xeox controller http://www.speedlink.com/?p=2&cat=4315...5493&paus=1. The controller works fine in all game modes bar online versus. I'm going to test weather the issue still occurs when using a console controller When i get the chance. I'll post here with the results.

+Quote Post
tschumann
post Jan 30 2016, 09:20 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

I don't think computer specs should be an issue (unless you're having trouble running single player, but it doesn't sound like you are), probably more of combination of your network card, router, Internet connection and the settings in the .ini files. Probably wise not to go blindly changing values in there but with Counter-Strike etc people are very adventurous in trying to get perfect network settings.

Still, odd that the lag goes away in versus...

+Quote Post
Fitzy
post Jan 31 2016, 11:28 AM
Post #5

I've done some tests today on the controller issue, the last time we were both using controllers but only I, the host was affected, this time neither of us can use controllers regardless of who is hosting, both xbox 360, and Xeox controllers are affected, Is it possibly a port issue for the pc that causes the controllers not to work?

+Quote Post
tschumann
post Feb 2 2016, 06:48 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Is it only in local coop that you have controller issues?

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2017 - 04:40 AM