Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Freefalling trailer!
Carlos Bordeu
post Dec 11 2015, 04:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Developers
Member No.: 4

Today we're showing off one of the main unique design aspects of 'The Deadly Tower of Monsters': Freefalling. The game happens around this massive tower which you can climb all the way up into outer space! (You can even see the planet from such altitude).

The great thing about having this style of vertical level design is allowing the player to just simply navigate the game by jumping off the tower and flying to wherever he wants.

A lot of secret areas, items and powerups can only be reached through this means of exploration. So enjoy the new trailer and remember that the game is out on January the 19th. For more information visit the Steam's store page here:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/353700/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tschumann
post Dec 11 2015, 09:45 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 283

That looks like a lot of fun!
Is it going to be possible to jump through multiple levels? One in the video looked pretty big itself.

+Quote Post
defcon
post Dec 14 2015, 02:55 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,558

A new game from ACE Team? YEAH, I'm hyped. smile.gif
And it definitely looks like a lot of fun!!

PS: ....still hoping for ROA2 and/or ZC3 someday. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Dec 16 2015, 09:56 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (tschumann @ Dec 11 2015, 10:45 PM) *
That looks like a lot of fun!
Is it going to be possible to jump through multiple levels? One in the video looked pretty big itself.

Yes, you can fall through multiple levels, though the game is more open-worldish, so there aren't actually levels or 'loading' intermissions. Reaching the planet surface from the very top of the tower by freefalling can take a couple of minutes I think.

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Dec 16 2015, 09:59 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (defcon @ Dec 14 2015, 03:55 PM) *
A new game from ACE Team? YEAH, I'm hyped. smile.gif
And it definitely looks like a lot of fun!!

PS: ....still hoping for ROA2 and/or ZC3 someday. biggrin.gif

Glad you're excited. We're actually already working on the next big thing after Deadly Tower of Monsters, so...

+Quote Post
sere
post Mar 1 2016, 09:48 AM
Post #6

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,649

I just wanted to say that freefalling in this game was brilliant. I had not felt this sensation since MDK almost 15 years ago. So much gets said about the visual style and inspiration behind the imagery but that shouldn't be front and center all the time. What matters is the overarching mechanic behind the gameplay in each title. That kind of "central theme" explored through player action is the true work of art and Deadly Tower's freefalling is the toast of gameplay this year.

--------------------
-sere

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Mar 1 2016, 10:48 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (sere @ Mar 1 2016, 09:48 AM) *
I just wanted to say that freefalling in this game was brilliant. I had not felt this sensation since MDK almost 15 years ago. So much gets said about the visual style and inspiration behind the imagery but that shouldn't be front and center all the time. What matters is the overarching mechanic behind the gameplay in each title. That kind of "central theme" explored through player action is the true work of art and Deadly Tower's freefalling is the toast of gameplay this year.

I think both the verticality of the game design and the director's commentary were what competed for the game's best feature. The commentary got way more attention from the press at least. I found it pretty surprising to see how little mention there was about the whole vertical design. unsure.gif

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2017 - 04:01 AM