10 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Official Zeno Clash Bugs thread, discuss and report all bugs here
Carlos Bordeu
post Apr 21 2009, 02:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Developers
Member No.: 4

We're creating this thread so people can report any issues they find with the game.

You can also write to support@aceteam.cl and send crash dumps (.mdmp file) in case of a crash.
Crash dumps are found in the following directory: steam/steamapps/common/zenoclash/

Crashes:

Very, very rare: I've seen an NPC run around with 1 fish gun and the other is lying on the ground. If this happens and you pick up the 1 fish gun an error may occur.

Non-Progression Bugs:

***Fix for these type of bugs: Load your last save game. If that doesn't work: Restart the level (new game).

Very rare, but a ragdolled enemy may be left lying on the ground beneath an object and never stand up again (because he is being blocked by something). Since levels need enemies to be cleared to progress this will stop the game from advancing.

Regular Bugs:

The red targeting arrow (that appears over characters and pickable items) can sometimes appear in the middle of the level (but there is nothing there). Just ignore it. The objective arrow is different.

Extra:

Avira Antivirus seems to detect a Trojan in the ZenoClash.exe. We don't know why and have scanned our systems with NOD and AVG and they don't detect anything. It is a false positive. Steam's DRM system has a conflict with Avira Antivirus.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Apr 21 2009, 02:33 PM
Post #2

Guests

Trojan horse warning for Zenoclash.exe by Avira Antivir!

(Sorry guest... I edited your post and lost the original message so re-wrote it again) - cbordeu

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Apr 21 2009, 02:39 PM
Post #3

That antivirus detects the .exe as a virus for some strange reason. It is a false positive. There is no virus. We currently don't know why it happens. We have scanned with several other antiviruses and everything is ok.

+Quote Post
Ywa
post Apr 21 2009, 02:51 PM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 343

Carlos, the same happend with Left 4 Dead on the release (NOD32 detected it is a virus). I suppose it's the decryption.

Also some bug with the depth of field (screenshot). But I remember someone of the dev. team already said to fix it.

Anyways, the game is incredibly awesome. You guys really made a game on Valve-level (or any other professional game studio). Good job!

--------------------
I know... my avatar sucks.

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Apr 21 2009, 02:53 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Ywa @ Apr 21 2009, 02:51 PM) *
Carlos, the same happend with Left 4 Dead on the release (NOD32 detected it is a virus). I suppose it's the decryption.

Also some bug with the depth of field (screenshot). But I remember someone of the dev. team already said to fix it.

Anyways, the game is incredibly awesome. You guys really made a game on Valve-level (or any other professional game studio). Good job!

Yeah... that DOF thing is a known issue... it's not really a bug.

+Quote Post
Shadowbade
post Apr 21 2009, 05:52 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 182

I'm using a 360 controller because my mouse is screwed up, but I can't get the thumb stick used to look to function. I've tried the swapping option with no success is this a bug or is there an easy fix for this?

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Apr 21 2009, 05:54 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Shadowbade @ Apr 21 2009, 05:52 PM) *
I'm using a 360 controller because my mouse is screwed up, but I can't get the thumb stick used to look to function. I've tried the swapping option with no success is this a bug or is there an easy fix for this?

Does this thread help?

+Quote Post
Shadowbade
post Apr 21 2009, 06:04 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 182

Yes that does. Thx

+Quote Post
CrapCannon
post Apr 21 2009, 11:35 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 385

I think this is a steam issue and not game related, but Zeno Clash achievements show up as a . for me under "My History" rather than listing what achievements were completed.

Other than that, played straight through the entire game with zero problems. Very nice work. Top notch game. smile.gif

Edit: added image

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Apr 22 2009, 09:22 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (CrapCannon @ Apr 21 2009, 11:35 PM) *
I think this is a steam issue and not game related, but Zeno Clash achievements show up as a . for me under "My History" rather than listing what achievements were completed.

Other than that, played straight through the entire game with zero problems. Very nice work. Top notch game. smile.gif

Edit: added image

Ok, we'll look into it! Thanks for reporting!

+Quote Post
Edocsil
post Apr 22 2009, 10:08 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 468

During the first fight (while waiting for the gate to open) I knocked two of the enemies over the side where they were caught by the net (if you have your back to the gate it is the left side). They did not die and couldn't seem to be able to find their way back up, which didn't allow me to progress. I did jump down to just finish them off, but it kills you to do so. I just made sure to not knock them off there once I reloaded.

I don't know if it was just a special case or not, but yeah, they didn't die or get back up to the main area to fight.

+Quote Post
Kaabeus
post Apr 22 2009, 11:04 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 393

I bet this is not much of a bug because it would probably never happen again, (unless you try) but when you've finished a tower match while going up the stairs and it starts turning black, you can hit your self with a skull bomb and you'll be in the same tower not being able to continue...

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Apr 22 2009, 02:31 PM
Post #13

Guests

Hello, just downloaded and it's a powerful experience! Beautiful art direction and good combat-

The audio seems messed up though - almost all sound files (with the exception of wind, and punches) won't play during the stage, instead piling up and playing all at once during the next loading screen. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Reed

+Quote Post
Guest_FuraxHornyx_*
post Apr 22 2009, 02:41 PM
Post #14

Guests

Hi,

I have an old monitor which doesn't support 1280x1024@75Hz ; the highest resolution it can display at 75Hz is 1152x864.

But the game seems to try and launch in 1280x1024 (or even higher ?) no matter what, so, after the ACE logo, my monitor indicates a resoltuion out of range, and I have to quit the game with ctrl+alt+del.

I tried to edit dxsupport.cfg (it was the only one I found with resolution informations), but it didn't work.

I have a Q6600, Geforce 8800GTS 640mb, 2Gb of ram, and I'm running XP with latest directX and drivers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated smile.gif

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Apr 22 2009, 02:43 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (Guest @ Apr 22 2009, 02:31 PM) *
Hello, just downloaded and it's a powerful experience! Beautiful art direction and good combat-

The audio seems messed up though - almost all sound files (with the exception of wind, and punches) won't play during the stage, instead piling up and playing all at once during the next loading screen. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Reed

Hey, haven't heard about that bug! Very strange. We did experience some sound lag on older systems, but nothing as extreme as you are describing. Have you tried changing the audio quality settings from the options menu? Have you experienced anything similar in any other Source powered games (if you own any)?

+Quote Post
Smoshy
post Apr 22 2009, 03:11 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 474

I think I have a bug in the Challenge Room because I just have the Challenge nš5 and then after some tries(in that challenge) I tried to enter some other Challenge and then sudenly i entered the Challenge nš3 (locked, but now its unlocked), do I have to complete these 2 challenges to unlock the others?

--------------------
Zeno Clash RULEZ !!

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Apr 22 2009, 03:14 PM
Post #17

Guests

Thanks for the quick response Andres! An attentive moderator... I haven't had such issues before with steam games, and I have toggled some (but not all) of the audio options. I'll experiment with other settings next - I only have 512 ram, so perhaps graphics are excluding other functions.

I'll post any solutions, and keep an eye out for suggestions - thanks -

Reed

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Apr 22 2009, 03:49 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (Smoshy @ Apr 22 2009, 03:11 PM) *
I think I have a bug in the Challenge Room because I just have the Challenge nš5 and then after some tries(in that challenge) I tried to enter some other Challenge and then sudenly i entered the Challenge nš3 (locked, but now its unlocked), do I have to complete these 2 challenges to unlock the others?

We're realising a patch today that addresses the problems with the Challenge Mode. We also made slight adjustments to make it easier. Apparently the difficulty setting is a little too high. smile.gif

We'll announce the update through the forums when it goes live.

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Apr 22 2009, 03:51 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (Guest @ Apr 22 2009, 03:14 PM) *
Thanks for the quick response Andres! An attentive moderator... I haven't had such issues before with steam games, and I have toggled some (but not all) of the audio options. I'll experiment with other settings next - I only have 512 ram, so perhaps graphics are excluding other functions.

I'll post any solutions, and keep an eye out for suggestions - thanks -

Reed

Hmmm, 512 RAM seems to be too much on the low side. The minimum requirements are 1GB. Let me know if you have any developments.

+Quote Post
David C
post Apr 22 2009, 04:02 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (FuraxHornyx @ Apr 22 2009, 02:41 PM) *
Hi,

I have an old monitor which doesn't support 1280x1024@75Hz ; the highest resolution it can display at 75Hz is 1152x864.

But the game seems to try and launch in 1280x1024 (or even higher ?) no matter what, so, after the ACE logo, my monitor indicates a resoltuion out of range, and I have to quit the game with ctrl+alt+del.

I tried to edit dxsupport.cfg (it was the only one I found with resolution informations), but it didn't work.

I have a Q6600, Geforce 8800GTS 640mb, 2Gb of ram, and I'm running XP with latest directX and drivers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated smile.gif

try to run the game with these options: -w 800 -h 600 (Properties->Set Launch options)

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: