Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I cannot play local multiplayer (PC)
Oook
post Sep 7 2011, 05:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,870

Hi!
The game is awesome (although I'm very bad, I'll need to practise a lot) but I have a problem; I've connected two gamepads for playing the multiplayer but the game seems not to recognise them so I cannot play.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Sep 7 2011, 05:27 PM
Post #2

Group: Developers
Member No.: 4

What type of gamepads are you using? The game was tested mostly with XBox gamepads, but other people in the Steam forums have reported that it works with other controllers. Are both your gamepads recognized by other games?

+Quote Post
Oook
post Sep 7 2011, 05:54 PM
Post #3

Those are Logitech gamepads, which work fine with NBA 2K11, Shank, emulators...

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Sep 7 2011, 07:41 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 4

Additional gamepad support might be needed to be added in further updates of the game. We used the most commonly used gamepad (XBox360) for implementation. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Oook
post Sep 8 2011, 04:18 AM
Post #5

Well, I'm sure I'm not the only one who suffers this issue and XBOX gamepads aren't cheap... please add support for more gamepads sad.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_drake_*
post Oct 29 2011, 06:12 PM
Post #6

Guests

Bumping on this thread At start we tried two my personal gamepads and they didnt work,
i checked and well i didnt expect all that much
so i got my friends together and we got 5 difrent gamepads Logitech and others that are very compatible and it didnt work at all
Wierdly though The gamepads gave response to the game and we could change menu options with all gamepads but the Local multiplayer would insist that there are not enough gamepads

I understand that the game didnt plan this and its okay, but still it would be very nice if in further updates you would increase gamepad compatability

Thanx for listening me, you give me arguments for saying that games are a form of art!

+Quote Post
DoucheFX
post Dec 7 2012, 04:06 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 12,415

I found a workaround for the gamepad problem on the interwebs, it's easy and works like a charm:

1. Go get x360ce, it's an exe that emulates xbox 360 controllers with any gamepad. code.google.com/p/x360ce/
2. Plug all of your controllers and start the exe, it'll get profiles from the internet automatically (it did for my dual action gamepads)
3. Once everything is done for all controllers, close the application and put the .ini and .dll files created inside the folder containing ROA.exe
4. Start the game
5. Profit !

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Dec 11 2012, 11:09 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (drake @ Oct 29 2011, 06:12 PM) *
Thanx for listening me, you give me arguments for saying that games are a form of art!

Thanks Drake!

About the controllers: Unfortunately only Xbox 360 controllers are supported right now (these came integrated in UE3, we didn't have to implement any code to have them working). I hope DoucheFX's workaround works! (thanks DoucheFX for the support! smile.gif ). Let me know if it does so we can maybe post a thread on how to get other controllers to work. In the Steam forums people with similar controller issues were using JoyToKey.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2017 - 08:34 AM