//

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where to get other than Steam?
Guest_abdulmuhsee_*
post Mar 5 2012, 10:30 PM
Post #1

Guests

So, is there anywhere I can get a copy of this game other than Steam? I refuse to purchase anything that requires third-party software to run; its a huge inconvenience to customers.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tschumann
post Mar 6 2012, 02:55 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 283

I don't believe so (except on an Xbox 360 and soon a PlayStation 3, but that's probably not what you meant).

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Mar 12 2012, 07:33 AM
Post #3

Group: Developers
Member No.: 3

Your other options are only XBLA and shortly PSN for now...

+Quote Post
sere
post Apr 30 2012, 09:14 PM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,649

People need to stop seeing steam and other digital distribution outlets as merely "DRM". While some such outlets are associated with bad taste and even "evil greed" (EA's Origin EWWW).. Sometimes being published or distributed through steam is for the sake of player networking and proven infrastructure for statistical data. Steam really has a good bit of groundwork available to developers for certain features and really frees up time and resources for some of them.

The way trends are going and the degenerating nature of business means you will eventually need to compromise with your own feelings regarding game purchases or settle for the already diminishing options. Indie games (true indie in spirit and letter, not the indie you necessarily read about on kotaku) are thriving and appeal much to niche tastes. Steam has not only done a pretty good job making fortunes selling high profile titles but has also granted a great deal of exposure to struggling smaller developers. A good example would be the game "Really Big Sky". I have been posting and talking with Andy on his SatanSam blog and had some discussions with Mr.Pineapple. I have loved their games for more than two years now and when they finally had their new title on steam I was quite happy and purchased some copies as gifts for friends (something steam makes very easy to do).

You really need to come to terms with how content is distributed and put money where mouth is. There are many choices at present and when you consider the future of video gaming there are far more destructive and sinister forces at work other than steam tongue.gif

BTW, Just want to point out that to play Battlefield 3.. EA requires that you run FOUR separate process to play the game. FOUR PROGRAMS MUST RUN TO PLAY ONE GAME!!! You must first run Origin, then run internet browser for battlelog (pukes) then allow special plugin (wtf) then run the BF3 executable.

I wish people would focus their hate and vitrol towards truly harmful and horrible solutions that are EA's Origin and Microsofts Games for Windows Live. Can't tell you how many games I have played that became broken and unappealing messes because of GFWL restrictions and bullsh*t.

--------------------
-sere

+Quote Post
DoucheFX
post Dec 7 2012, 03:57 PM
Post #5

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,415

Couldn't agree more, Steam is a blessing from the gods!

I'd like to see RoA remade with Steam rolling against Origin and Games for Window Live.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2017 - 08:36 AM