Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Russian language in Zeno Clash, question for developers
ZCF
post Dec 29 2012, 04:33 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,460

Hi all, first of all thanks to the developers for a great game. But I always wanted to ask - is it possible to add the Russian language in the Steam version of the game?

The game was published in Russia with Russian translation only on the disks, but your next game "Rock of Ages" sold in the Steam with Russian translation.

Thanks in advance, excuse my English.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dufraen
post Dec 29 2012, 07:31 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 12,172

QUOTE (ZCF @ Dec 29 2012, 12:33 PM) *
Hi all, first of all thanks to the developers for a great game. But I always wanted to ask - is it possible to add the Russian language in the Steam version of the game?

The game was published in Russia with Russian translation only on the disks, but your next game "Rock of Ages" sold in the Steam with Russian translation.

Thanks in advance, excuse my English.

You mean "Новый Диск"-localization? Or just russified text?

You can use fan-made patch for the Steam-version.

+Quote Post
ZCF
post Dec 29 2012, 10:39 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 12,460

QUOTE (Georgvesel @ Dec 29 2012, 07:31 AM) *
You mean "Новый Диск"-localization? Or just russified text?

Does not matter, it would be enough russified text.

QUOTE (Georgvesel @ Dec 29 2012, 07:31 AM) *
You can use fan-made patch for the Steam-version.

That's what I'm doing. But he is not fully translated (there are some replicas in English), and generally more pleasant when there immediately. Besides, some other games it was: first Steam sold only to the English language version, and then update adds a Russian translation.

I thought with Zeno Clash will be as well, but the Russian language does not appear that the more strange, since Steam version of the "Rock of Ages" with Russian translate.

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Dec 29 2012, 04:13 PM
Post #4

Group: Developers
Member No.: 4

I thought we had Russian translation. It might be that Noviy Disk (the publisher who distributed the game in Russia) has the rights of the localization? (I honestly don't remember).

It is very unlikely we would localize the game now so many years after if we didn't at the time. But I am trying to push so that we have Russian in ZC2...

+Quote Post
Guest_EssaT_*
post Apr 16 2013, 07:26 AM
Post #5

Guests

You can localize games in Russian and in up to 200 other languages using this tool https://poeditor.com/. It helps a lot in the process, organizing everything and offering helping tools for translators. They can set one completed language translation as a reference for the others. cool.gif

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Apr 16 2013, 08:40 AM
Post #6

Group: Developers
Member No.: 3

Thanks for the info EssaT. I'll ask someone here to give it a look. At a glance it seems very useful! Thanks a bunch!

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: