Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New voice acting for Deadra?, ZC:UE
Andres Bordeu
post May 7 2013, 09:22 AM
Post #21

Group: Developers
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Sano @ May 6 2013, 05:34 PM) *
Is it true that it was your sister that helped do the voices for some of the female characters in 1?

Yes, Carmen Bordeu. You can see her name in the credits section.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DemonicLemon
post May 8 2013, 02:15 AM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,133

I'm curious, how did she take it when the players mentioned they did not like her voice acting?

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post May 8 2013, 09:41 AM
Post #23

No problem. Actually, it's quite curious, but there's a lot of complaints about having changed Rimat's voice in the sequel, because everyone seemed to prefer Rimat from ZC1. Carmen also performed Rimat in ZC1. And when we released ZC:UE everyone thought the new VA for Deadra was worst than Carmen's original performance. So in a certain sense I think she's the VA with more acceptance among all the VAs that have done work for Zeno Clash.

+Quote Post
Sano
post May 9 2013, 10:49 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 12,673

QUOTE (Andres Bordeu @ May 8 2013, 09:41 AM) *
No problem. Actually, it's quite curious, but there's a lot of complaints about having changed Rimat's voice in the sequel, because everyone seemed to prefer Rimat from ZC1. Carmen also performed Rimat in ZC1. And when we released ZC:UE everyone thought the new VA for Deadra was worst than Carmen's original performance. So in a certain sense I think she's the VA with more acceptance among all the VAs that have done work for Zeno Clash.

Without question, most fans consider her the voice for Rimat. If ZC3 happens I must insist that you ask her to reprise her role as Rimat even if Rimat isn't a central focus of the game as she was in 2.

Heck, if she's got some spare time and your audio person/people have time (not likely but can't hurt to ask) you should ask her to re-record Rimat's lines from 2 as an option to change her voice. As for character lip-synching, I wouldn't care in the slightest if you don't re-animate for the new dialogue.

I just miss hearing Rimat's true voice!

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post May 9 2013, 10:54 AM
Post #25

Thanks for the feedback. It's very unlikely we'd have the time to redo all the voice overs at this point, but I'll be sure to tell her that her voice is being missed by many in the sequel.

+Quote Post
Balthazar
post May 28 2013, 03:08 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 12,671

Carmen was my favorite of all of the Deadra performances (though I liked all three versions of Deadra for different reasons). Her voice had a certain melancholy to it that made me wonder more about the character and her accent was quite nice as well. At first I would have never had guessed she was the voice for Rimat too, she had really good range.

I hope she returns in one of ACE's future games! If not as a main female character, possibly a side or background character. I can appreciate work from new voice actors. I've practiced some voice acting with a friend who is beginning to work in that field, and it can be really tough. Trying to match with a character's movements, tone, and add good expression is harder than it looks (but still very fun).

On a side note, after replaying ZC on PC, I think I noticed a tiny blooper near the beginning. When Deadra says "Try to resist Ghat. I'll try to open the gate." It sounds like she is saying it in Rimat's voice instead. It is not a big deal or anything, I just noticed it.
Anyway, sorry for my rambling in this post!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: