Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> EVO Grand Finals 2014
sere
post Jul 14 2014, 02:46 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,649

SF4 Ultra, What a comeback story. Luffy came back from losers to concede only 1 set to a Japanese legend. My favorite EVO for SF in the past 6 years. I do watch Marvel but nothing beats the main event. All previous evo champions were eliminated Friday night! The biggest fear, though, was snake eyes taking the most boring Zangief imaginable to the Grand Final. I respect the discipline but it is agonizing to watch "do-nothing' time out wins 4 times in 3 sets.

Oh, right, the neat thing about Luffy was that polls beforehand predicted no euros in top 8 but 4 americans were expected. Euro was champ!

--------------------
-sere
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Jul 14 2014, 11:41 AM
Post #2

Group: Developers
Member No.: 3

I only watched the Melee Semifinals / Grand Finals. Incredibly moronic of the EVO organizers to schedule the event at the exact same time than the World Cup finals (biggest sports event in the planet someone??? ). I couldn't miss Argentina vs Germany, so EVO had to be skipped. I watched the melee twitch recording afterwards.

Anyways, getting back on topic, I was a little disappointed that Armada and Mew2King couldn't move higher in the ranking. Very impressive performance of Hungrybox. Nobody saw that coming. And congrats to Mango for taking the tournament again this year.

Carlos told me that the SF4 tournament was incredible. I'll have to watch it later. Nice to know a European beat all the regular champions with such an unconventional character (Rose). Those tiers are tight!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2017 - 02:38 AM