Reply to this topicStart new topic
> F.A.Q. you man
sere
post Aug 26 2014, 11:42 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,649

Hello, beloved celebrities.

1. How many ACE Team members teach at a university and how often? Are there instances where duties overlap? How is your time balanced between teaching at university and developing with ACE?

2. Do all ACE employees get paid? What sort of names do you have for the employees that don't?

3. I just beat Abyss Odyssey during the third mask phase. The end-battle mask fight seems indicative of things happening at the office. Are you guys developing a shoot em' up? If so, please consult Kenta Cho's documentation and works on bullets.

--------------------
-sere
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Aug 28 2014, 11:49 AM
Post #2

Group: Developers
Member No.: 3

1. At the moment our producer and one of our artists are teaching at different Universities I think. We allow people to have some level of flexibility in their schedule so they can do other things.

A couple of years ago Carlos and me tried to teach but we were terrible at it! tongue.gif

2. ??? Who works and doesn't get paid? No one has that level of devotion to the company here! smile.gif

3. No shoot em' ups in development.

+Quote Post
sere
post Aug 28 2014, 02:37 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Andres Bordeu @ Aug 28 2014, 11:49 AM) *
1. At the moment our producer and one of our artists are teaching at different Universities I think. We allow people to have some level of flexibility in their schedule so they can do other things.

A couple of years ago Carlos and me tried to teach but we were terrible at it! tongue.gif

2. ??? Who works and doesn't get paid? No one has that level of devotion to the company here! smile.gif

3. No shoot em' ups in development.

Very guarded answers. Very professional. You should update the entries in the "people" section of the website as well as changing, "ACE Team is an entertainment software developer based in Santiago, Chile." to "ACE Team is an entertainment software developer based in Santiago, Chile that pays all of its employees."

Next questions...

1. What is the biggest "eating holiday" in Chile and how many ACE members go on diets afterwards?

2. Does your studio's existence feel natural, special, or more like an enigma?

3. Is anyone at ACE currently contributing to other games from other companies and if so, are they allowed to talk about it?

--------------------
-sere

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Aug 28 2014, 04:54 PM
Post #4

The company website... yeah, that's OLD... We should have changed it some time ago. We half way implemented the new site and never finished it. There's probably people listed that no longer work with us. tongue.gif

Peculiar mix of questions. Here's a couple of brief answers:

1. September 18 (our national holiday). Lots of 'empanadas', 'anticuchos' and heavy drinking. Some people don't live past it... laugh.gif

2. I'd go with 'special' and a little bit of 'enigma'...

3. One of the programmers works part-time with us and is contributing on another game. We're reasonably careful about not leaking info and we make sure everyone understands the importance of keeping the work in the office.

+Quote Post
sere
post Aug 29 2014, 10:44 AM
Post #5

Thanks. I will whip up a new batch of questions for next week.

--------------------
-sere

+Quote Post
PetzI
post Sep 4 2014, 09:19 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 696

I'm gonna hijack your thread for a bit and ask some questions of my own about Rock of Ages!

1. Have you considered porting the game to the Wii U? I mention that console in particular because, even though it's apparently not selling too handsomely, I think the game would fit very nicely with the spirit of that system. It's easy to learn and it's based on short multiplayer matches, so it would be very adequate to play with a few friends in the living room. And the display on the Wii U controller might have some interesting uses.

2. Any chance of the game getting an update in the future? There's a bug or two, like not being able to chat while in a Lobby (you can, but no text shows up). New maps and that sort of thing would be great, but I understand that it would eat up too many resources.

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Sep 5 2014, 10:53 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (PetzI @ Sep 4 2014, 09:19 PM) *
1. Have you considered porting the game to the Wii U? I mention that console in particular because, even though it's apparently not selling too handsomely, I think the game would fit very nicely with the spirit of that system. It's easy to learn and it's based on short multiplayer matches, so it would be very adequate to play with a few friends in the living room. And the display on the Wii U controller might have some interesting uses.

No plans for a WiiU port mostly because of what you are already saying. Doesn't make too much sense to port an old game on a system that isn't selling too good. We're not through with Rock of Ages though. It's possible we'll decide to port it to other platforms in the future. We'll be adding trading cards support in the near future too.

QUOTE (PetzI @ Sep 4 2014, 09:19 PM) *
2. Any chance of the game getting an update in the future? There's a bug or two, like not being able to chat while in a Lobby (you can, but no text shows up). New maps and that sort of thing would be great, but I understand that it would eat up too many resources.

I'm assuming you are asking about RoA, and not Abyss Odyssey. If so there's really no plans for adding extra content at this point. The game was released so long ago that it wouldn't make much sense now. The only things we'll do are the ones I mentioned above. At least for now.

+Quote Post
sere
post Mar 1 2016, 08:38 AM
Post #8

It's been a while. So, some questions...

1. If ACE were to choose a character of their creation to represent the team as a brand identity or mascot, who would it be? Would there be only one or could there be a second, as with the case of Nintendo extending both Mario and Link? (Edmundo might already be this character as there is barely any evidence suggesting that he is even a real person)

2. If Disney approached ACE Team and asked them to direct any movie they want in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, what movie would it be?

--------------------
-sere

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Mar 1 2016, 10:56 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (sere @ Mar 1 2016, 08:38 AM) *
It's been a while. So, some questions...

1. If ACE were to choose a character of their creation to represent the team as a brand identity or mascot, who would it be? Would there be only one or could there be a second, as with the case of Nintendo extending both Mario and Link? (Edmundo might already be this character as there is barely any evidence suggesting that he is even a real person)

2. If Disney approached ACE Team and asked them to direct any movie they want in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, what movie would it be?

1. I'd go for Father-Mother ...or Golem... (Maybe FM is too creepy). Someone from the ZC universe I guess.

2. I've come to hate superhero movies, but that's just me. I don't know the more obscure Marvel characters (I suppose there might be an interesting story to be told there). Ah, I know! A Shuma Gorath movie! cool.gif

+Quote Post
sere
post Mar 10 2016, 02:22 AM
Post #10

Hey, look. A couple new questions!

1. Now that a new console generation has gotten its feet wet and the hardware landscape has changed, are there going to be any changes to ACE's multiplatform development? Any favored platforms? Any consideration given to handheld or mobile? Is Atlus a big factor when making such decisions?

2. It's been asked before but today is not always yesterday.. so far, all ACE games are 3d games. It's been implied that it's partially a matter of quality and that well crafted 3d assets demonstrate a certain magnitude of production rarely found in indie games. Well, since ACE is among the very best studios concerning visually impressive games, any chance we will ever see a strictly 2d game from ACE that reaches that "magnitude of production"? -or simply meets what the studio expects of itself?

--------------------
-sere

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Mar 19 2016, 07:11 PM
Post #11

Hi Sere,

Answers in between:

QUOTE (sere @ Mar 10 2016, 03:22 AM) *
1. Now that a new console generation has gotten its feet wet and the hardware landscape has changed, are there going to be any changes to ACE's multiplatform development? Any favored platforms? Any consideration given to handheld or mobile? Is Atlus a big factor when making such decisions?

I can't really get into much details on this topic, mostly because an answer would point to what we're working on now and in the future, and such things are still being kept behind the wraps. We will be working with Microsoft on the Xbox One on future projects, I can say. Mobile and handheld? Not likely for now. The mobile market not only presents a serious disadvantage from a interface perspective when designing the games we are used to developed, it also involves getting in to a market where merely surviving is no longer easy. It's more about monetization, statistics and so than the game itself. Not something that makes our interest peek.

QUOTE (sere @ Mar 10 2016, 03:22 AM) *
2. It's been asked before but today is not always yesterday.. so far, all ACE games are 3d games. It's been implied that it's partially a matter of quality and that well crafted 3d assets demonstrate a certain magnitude of production rarely found in indie games. Well, since ACE is among the very best studios concerning visually impressive games, any chance we will ever see a strictly 2d game from ACE that reaches that "magnitude of production"? -or simply meets what the studio expects of itself?

It's very unlikely we'll develop a 2D asset game, mainly because of the strengths of the studio. The know-how and skills we've gained over the years would be put to sleep in such a different environment. Also, artists that are well trained in 3D can't necessarily transfer to a 2D environment (and vice-versa), even though we have some people that are very talented in traditional arts like illustration and concept art.

+Quote Post
sere
post Apr 6 2016, 03:15 AM
Post #12

Thanks for the response! I can really appreciate your answers and can hardly wait to ask more questions in the future; after the next ACE reveal.

--------------------
-sere

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 03:33 AM