Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tech problem (c++ 2015 runtime)
MedievalHobo
post Sep 24 2017, 03:27 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,195

Hey everyone!
I'm not sure if I can be helped at this point, but I'll give it a try and write my problem.
So, the other day I purchased the 20 euros boundle on steam. The first game runs perfectly, but the second just gives me the error message "the following components are required to run this program microsoft visual c++ 2015 runtime"
So I decided to install it. Either I try to re-install or "repair" the program, it'll go "unknown error."
So I hit this up on the internet, and people said it's because I don't have the windows service pack 1 installed. (Ye, I'm
still using win7)
So I run the windows updater, but it doesn't do a thing.
I decided to install the service pack manually, so I downloaded it from microsoft's site. I run it, and when the installer reached the end of the installation, it just dropped an error titled "unknown."
It also gave me a link to a troubleshooter to download it, saying it'll fix the problem.
I downloaded that too, run it, but it didn't help anything, cus I still can't install the service pack, thus I can't install the c++ 2015 runtime thus I can't play RoA 2
So yeah... I'm not sure if anyone could help me, but thank you in advance!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tschumann
post Sep 24 2017, 04:45 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 283

Not sure about this one - possibly your operating system install is somehow corrupted. If you don't want to completely reinstall then I think Windows installer disks have a repair option.

+Quote Post
MedievalHobo
post Sep 25 2017, 01:59 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,195

QUOTE (tschumann @ Sep 24 2017, 10:45 PM) *
Not sure about this one - possibly your operating system install is somehow corrupted. If you don't want to completely reinstall then I think Windows installer disks have a repair option.

Thank you for the response, but it seems like nothing really wants to work. I guess the next time'll be able to play the game is when I reinstall my system.
Have a nice day!

+Quote Post
Daniel Amthauer
post Oct 4 2017, 02:07 PM
Post #4

Group: Developers
Member No.: 14,175

QUOTE (MedievalHobo @ Sep 25 2017, 02:59 PM) *
Thank you for the response, but it seems like nothing really wants to work. I guess the next time'll be able to play the game is when I reinstall my system.
Have a nice day!

Hi, the reason you have this problem is that the game requires at least Windows 7 SP1 to be installed. The required version of the Microsoft 2015 C++ runtime cannot be installed on a lower versioned OS.

I hope that helps.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 12:34 PM