Reply to this topicStart new topic
> mod progress
tschumann
post Feb 9 2011, 01:36 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 283

Here are a few screenshots from the mod I'm working on. It's set in a small Roman town.
It's still very incomplete (hence the brush-based furniture, not so great lighting and detail sprites going into concrete/out of dirt) and I've only started adding some detail to it, as well as finalizing the basic layout of the town.

A street.

Another street.

Inside a villa.

Inside a villa.

In the villa's backyard.

At a farm.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Feb 9 2011, 07:43 AM
Post #2

Group: Developers
Member No.: 3

Awesome! Love the farm area. Reminded me of a vineyard. Cool use of Zeno props! What kind of NPCs are we going to see in the mod? Roman legion soldiers?

If you go through all the production and finish this we'd love to promote you through the OGG and maybe even the blog. We were always hoping someone would create a cool Zeno Clash mod!!

+Quote Post
tschumann
post Feb 9 2011, 08:24 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andres Bordeu @ Feb 9 2011, 09:43 PM) *
Awesome! Love the farm area. Reminded me of a vineyard. Cool use of Zeno props! What kind of NPCs are we going to see in the mod? Roman legion soldiers?

Yeah, I was going for the vineyard look there. I'm not a modeler so I'm making do with what there is (and a thorny vine can probably pass as some sort of fruit bush).
Hopefully I'll be able to get a whole town's population by modifying the skins of Zeno Clash's npcs (and there will be Roman legion soldiers; a Tsekung reskin should do the job).

QUOTE (Andres Bordeu @ Feb 9 2011, 09:43 PM) *
If you go through all the production and finish this we'd love to promote you through the OGG and maybe even the blog. We were always hoping someone would create a cool Zeno Clash mod!!

That sounds great. Some free publicity when I'm done would be excellent.

+Quote Post
tschumann
post May 7 2013, 06:28 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Some more progress (from early last year anyway). Since this I've been trying to get entities to walk around the city and give it a sense of population. I couldn't get entities to walk around with aiscripted_sequence for some reason (this is how Half-Life 2 etc does it but doing the same thing in Zeno Clash doesn't work). Anyway, I'm going to try scripted_sequence and so if that works.

This is a park in the middle of the city. I've got a system set up where whenever you walk into a new street the street's name will flash up. I'm hoping I can do some fancy entity work to show a map to make navigation easier.

Another view of the park.

And another view of the park. In the background is the forum (which is now more populated but I'll post more screenshots later). The animals should be in pens but there's something strange going on with the models - I think Hammer think's they're prop_static models but vbsp doesn't).

An empty looking room that I think will become the player's new flat (assuming I took a screenshot of the right place).

Tsekung part-way through the conversion to a legionnaire (my art skills are as good as my brushwork).

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post May 8 2013, 09:14 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 3

Cool! I thought this was abandoned! Tsekung looks funny without a beard! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Sano
post May 9 2013, 11:35 AM
Post #6

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,673

Nice progress, tschumann! Makes me wish I would have stuck with trying to do game design as a profession.

+Quote Post
tschumann
post May 10 2013, 03:20 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Thanks. You could always just do it as a hobby though.

+Quote Post
scarzy
post Jun 12 2013, 04:36 AM
Post #8

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,818

QUOTE (tschumann @ May 10 2013, 04:20 AM) *
Thanks. You could always just do it as a hobby though.

hey there I'm new here and am very interested in doing some mods for this game, mainly adding some new enemies you can fight. basicly I want to make some new models and skin them to skelitons that already exist in the game just for starters as it would be the easy option. Would you happen to know where I can get a copy of the import exporters for 3dsmax and the mdl file decompile software that carlos posted many years ago...lol seems my interest in this game is alittle too late as the wiki has gone west along with these crucial tools....sad.gif. any information would be much appreciated.

+Quote Post
tschumann
post Jun 12 2013, 08:12 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

I think I've answered all your questions in other threads, but for the 3DS Max importer/exporters I think there are a few options. Both Wunderboy and Cannonfodder have created plugins but I don't know which ones are better or which ones work with specific versions.

+Quote Post
tschumann
post Jun 24 2013, 02:13 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Progress is happening:

I've added some stalls to the forum area.

I still haven't worked out how to get people to walk around continuously though.

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Jun 24 2013, 06:27 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 4

Did we have any characters moving around continously in ZC1? I think not...

+Quote Post
tschumann
post Jun 25 2013, 12:45 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

No, probably not. It's annoying because the npc walks to the first waypoint and then just stops walking after that. Anyway, I'll keep trying.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: