//

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Haute Cuisine a-la Ace Forums, Share your recipes!
*VeLeRoN*
post Sep 20 2012, 09:18 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18

QUOTE (Carlos Bordeu @ Sep 16 2012, 08:54 PM) *
"empanadas" (eating).

Oh! No sabia que tienen en Chile empanadas como un "plato" especial! Las empanadas rusas tambien son muy ricas biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Sep 20 2012, 03:30 PM
Post #2

Group: Developers
Member No.: 3

Aca tenemos empanadas rellanas con pino (carne picada, cebolla y otros) y tambien de queso (las mas tipicas). ¿Que tienen las empanadas rusas?

+Quote Post
*VeLeRoN*
post Sep 21 2012, 09:59 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andres Bordeu @ Sep 20 2012, 11:30 PM) *
Aca tenemos empanadas rellanas con pino (carne picada, cebolla y otros) y tambien de queso (las mas tipicas). ¿Que tienen las empanadas rusas?

De verdad, de todo. Las con relleno de carne de ternera y las con col (repollo)/setas y arroz/papas o huevos cocidos (varias combinaciones) son más típicas, pero también hacen empanadas dulces con manzanas, cereza, zanahoria, el queso quark etc.
Se llaman "pirozhkí" smile.gif

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Sep 21 2012, 01:11 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (*VeLeRoN* @ Sep 21 2012, 09:59 AM) *
De verdad, de todo. Las con relleno de carne de ternera y las con col (repollo)/setas y arroz/papas o huevos cocidos (varias combinaciones) son más típicas, pero también hacen empanadas dulces con manzanas, cereza, zanahoria, el queso quark etc.

Aparentemente ustedes son más creativos a la hora de elaborar sus empanadas. Tienen más ingredientes. Aunque nosotros también tenemos más combinaciones: con mariscos, napolitanas, etc.

Me tincaron ("have a hunch") las con manzanas! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Sep 21 2012, 01:17 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (*VeLeRoN* @ Sep 21 2012, 09:59 AM) *

I have a Russian wife and she has made me Borsch and many other Russian dishes... but no Pirozhki... so I asked her today about it and she said she can make it too.

I'll let you know how they compare to our national empanadas after I get the chance to taste them wink.gif

+Quote Post
*VeLeRoN*
post Sep 21 2012, 02:05 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andres Bordeu @ Sep 21 2012, 09:11 PM) *
Aparentemente ustedes son más creativos a la hora de elaborar sus empanadas. Tienen más ingredientes. Aunque nosotros también tenemos más combinaciones: con mariscos, napolitanas, etc.

Si, es una parte integrante de nuestra cultura gastronómica, es verdad. Muchos ingredientes, mariscos como tal no los usamos, pero hay otro tipo de "pirog" ("pirozhki" es diminutivo, algo más pequeno) que se llama "kulebyaka" - con salmon etc.

QUOTE (Andres Bordeu @ Sep 21 2012, 09:11 PM) *
Me tincaron ("have a hunch") las con manzanas! smile.gif

La verdad es que tienes que probar las empanadas con col/huevos o (he olvidado de estas) cebolla de verdeo y huevos cocidos. Son deliciosas y más emblematicas!
En cuanto a las con manzanas - no sé por que razón, pero estas normalmente tienen forma triangular, no forma de granos de arroz como las demás (salvo las de papa - son redondas).

QUOTE (Carlos Bordeu @ Sep 21 2012, 09:17 PM) *
I have a Russian wife and she has made me Borsch and many other Russian dishes... but no Pirozhki... so I asked her today about it and she said she can make it too.

I'll let you know how they compare to our national empanadas after I get the chance to taste them wink.gif

Ow! I didn't know that! You sneaky .... biggrin.gif
Borsch/t is great, and it's usually served hot, but there is another recipe - cold borscht. Don't know if you tried it, but if you haven't - it's a must tongue.gif

QUOTE (Carlos Bordeu @ Sep 21 2012, 09:17 PM) *

Deal!

PS
Sorry for derailing this topic.

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Sep 29 2012, 06:33 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (*VeLeRoN* @ Sep 21 2012, 02:05 PM) *
Deal!

Yummy, yummy... yesterday I was treated with an exquisite variety of Russian food:

Piroshki (3 different types... the apple one was awesome!)
Varenikiy

and some desserts:

Rulet s makom
Zefir
Pechenie

I've had a lot of more Russian food in the past, but this was great smile.gif ...thanks for giving me an excuse to ask my wife to get me all these treats wink.gif

Difference between Piroshki and Empanadas: Empanadas have meat, onions, olives and egg. They're also much saltier (actually most food here has a lot of salt or sugar... my wife complains about this). But I'm sure you'd like our empanadas if you had a chance.

+Quote Post
Dufraen
post Sep 30 2012, 01:55 AM
Post #8

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,172

You are crazy! How you can similize пирожки ("pirozhki") with empanada! smile.gif

And why "pirozhki"? Singular: пирожок ("pirozhok").

One difference between "pirozhki" and Empanadas: In during cooking pirozhki no stringent criterias. In fact, empanada is special case of pirozhki. Empanadas we have call "Argentine pirozhki" or "chebureki".

And varenyky, mostly, belong Ukrainian food, now in Russia this few consumed.

+Quote Post
*VeLeRoN*
post Sep 30 2012, 06:21 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Well, it's true that empanadas chilenas do resemble our chebureki as well, but you fry chebureki and bake empanadas and pirozhki, that's the difference.

I'm really glad, Carlos, that you liked them and I'm sure I'll like Chilean empanadas as well!

PS
I've got more suggestions for you, but don't want to annoy your wife smile.gif

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Sep 30 2012, 01:14 PM
Post #10

Well, in Kyrgystan (that's where my wife is from - not Russia - she was born in the Soviet Union and has pretty much 'Russian' culture) I had a chance to taste Tandirnie Samsi (which is Asian) - and this is also similar to empanadas. Actually, with regards to empanadas; I'd say most cultures have something similar of its own.

Oh, and Veleron: Don't worry... my wife didn't cook this time. She ordered it from a special Russian bakery from a friend of hers. But my wife is an excellent cook and she has made me Olivier, Borscht, Funchoza, Pelmeni, etc... so I'm glad to accept new recipies wink.gif

Thanks for the suggestion Georgvesel - I'll ask about chebureki.

Damn... I'm gonna end up rolling after this! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
*VeLeRoN*
post Sep 30 2012, 01:38 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Omg, don't tell me you have a Russian bakery in Santiago! smile.gif

Now that I'm relieved I'm not a burden, I can safely recommend you 'oladi' - crepas rusas! For those of age of ~30/+ this is the dish, they were served in every kindergarten in the USSR! Some hate it, some love it, but it's def. worth a try.
The recipe does matter though.

QUOTE (Carlos Bordeu @ Sep 30 2012, 09:14 PM) *
Damn... I'm gonna end up rolling after this! laugh.gif

Take doubleshifts working on ZC2, problem solved tongue.gif

PS
Split the thread as it's going OT.

PPS
Thought I'd try empanadas chilenas without going to Chile, faster way... but there are so many recipes in the Net. Carlos, is there any that strikes you as the most authentic?

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Sep 30 2012, 01:47 PM
Post #12

Hahaha... beautiful way of un-derailing the original topic. tongue.gif

I'll ask about Oladi and let you know.

We're going through a bit of a crunch now in October, so I guess the extra vitamins and proteins will be necessary. unsure.gif

Edit: Now I see that we eat this before with Smetana (sour cream). My wife cooked this and also Blini (pancakes) with red caviar. My wife loooooves the red caviar... me not so much.

+Quote Post
*VeLeRoN*
post Sep 30 2012, 02:01 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Carlos Bordeu @ Sep 30 2012, 09:47 PM) *
Edit: Now I see that we eat this before with Smetana (sour cream).

Hmm they are usually served with jam, unlike blini. That recipe is quite peculiar, my humble suggestion is that you try exactly that tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Sep 30 2012, 08:54 PM
Post #14

Ok! I'll see if we can try it out. Thanks!

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2017 - 04:54 AM