tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Jan 17 2009, 01:18 PM
Post #2

Group: Developers
Member No.: 4

Yeah... I just saw it 2 minutes ago smile.gif (Didn't know we were going to be mentioned)

Cooooooool cool.gif

+Quote Post
Samuel71
post Jan 17 2009, 07:40 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 126

Nice! Congrats.

--------------------
+-----{Samuel71}-----+

+Quote Post
Guest_Ross_*
post Jan 17 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #4

Guests

Yeah, I'm surprised this slipped underneath my radar of "really awesome stand alone mods/games". I came over here from that Steam News Update and have looked at the trailers and screenshots and I'm really impressed.

Its refreshing to see something with a new art style.

+Quote Post
Guest_H_*
post Jan 18 2009, 02:32 AM
Post #5

Guests

I came to this site because of that message as well and so far it seems to be one heck of a game.

I've heard some people talking about the store page, but I cant seem to find it. Is there really a store page up for it?

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Jan 18 2009, 12:33 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (H @ Jan 18 2009, 03:32 AM) *
I've heard some people talking about the store page, but I cant seem to find it. Is there really a store page up for it?

No... we don't have any store page. A pre-purchase option would be through Steam or any other digital distribution partner we may have. But no option to pre-purchase has still been given.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jan 18 2009, 09:18 PM
Post #7

Guests

Just came here from the update as well.

Read the main page, watched the videos... It looks good. It's about time we got something different from "bad government versus rebels" for a change.
So, I'm curious, just exactly what kind of game will this be? I mean, will it be like Dark Messiah, where it's an RPG but with a fairly linear game layout (one level to the next, on and on) with a branching storyline tied in, or will it be an open world, where we can visit the city or the jungle/forests whenever we wish, and do the main story at our own pace? (i.e. Morrowind or Oblivion)

Will we be able to craft our own weapons and make our current ones better?
Will we be able to wear different armors?
Will there be third-person?

Just curious... A lot. happy.gif
Looks good.

- Orophin (the White) on STEAM

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Jan 18 2009, 11:49 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Guest @ Jan 18 2009, 10:18 PM) *
Just came here from the update as well.

Read the main page, watched the videos... It looks good. It's about time we got something different from "bad government versus rebels" for a change.
So, I'm curious, just exactly what kind of game will this be? I mean, will it be like Dark Messiah, where it's an RPG but with a fairly linear game layout (one level to the next, on and on) with a branching storyline tied in, or will it be an open world, where we can visit the city or the jungle/forests whenever we wish, and do the main story at our own pace? (i.e. Morrowind or Oblivion)

Will we be able to craft our own weapons and make our current ones better?
Will we be able to wear different armors?
Will there be third-person?

Just curious... A lot. happy.gif
Looks good.

- Orophin (the White) on STEAM

Hi... well... those are a lot of questions. smile.gif I've answered related questions a couple of times so I'll just copy & paste what I wrote before...

"Zeno Clash is not a huge open-ended game. Remember we're indie developers... no way we can do an Elderscrolls: Oblivion for our first game. The close combat mechanics are thought for more specific localized combat scenarios. With that said; the game is linear but with a great amount of environments and special locations where the combat mechanics change a lot. Some levels are a lot more open than others... it mainly depends on the focus of the gameplay of that particular level. ZC is not a traditional FPS by any means... think of it more like a fantasy crazy adventure driven brawler with many FPS elements in it."

Next is an answer to someone asking if the game was a big open-ended RPG:

"Believe me... if there is one thing we would have liked to have been able to do is to make the game more expansive and give it an RPG component. And we will definitively attempt something in those lines for our next title (given that ZC is successful enough for us to continue to move forward... hopefully this won't stop like the Sin Episodes series did).

I know I repeat this a lot (because I don't want people to get the wrong impressions and think ZC is a large RPG) ...but the game is the result of what we planned that we could do given that we were a new independent studio putting out our first game.

That said... I don't think consumers should care whether a game is made by a big team or a small team. In the end they are putting money for a product and that product has to stand by its own merits. But what consumers do have to take into account is price... and a $20 game is not supposed to compete in scope or gameplay time with titles that sell for $50 - $60 when released."

Hope that clarifies things more for you! About going to 3rd person: Only in cinematics... not in gameplay. If you have any more doubts I'll be glad to answer those.

+Quote Post
David C
post Jan 20 2009, 04:23 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 2

Hey, does any of you knows german? just curious... ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Exile78
post Jan 20 2009, 06:12 PM
Post #10

Group: Validating
Member No.: 170

I can't believe I haven't heard of this game until now. The art direction is stunningly refreshing. I love the weapon designs, particularly the firearms. Of the story elements that have been revealed, it seems that it's not just the graphics that are going to be a pleasant departure from the norm. And the Father-Mother character is awesome; simultaneously one of the coolest and most disturbing characters I've seen in some time.

You've definitely sold me, I can't wait to play it.

+Quote Post
Ramius
post Jan 21 2009, 06:46 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 162

QUOTE (David C @ Jan 20 2009, 09:23 PM) *
Hey, does any of you knows german? just curious... ph34r.gif

Matter of fact, yes (it's even my native language).

--------------------
.o( Steal five dollars and you are a petty thief steal thousands of dollars and you are either a government or a hero.)
--Moist von Lipwig (Going Postal - Terry Pratchett)

+Quote Post
David C
post Jan 21 2009, 07:07 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Ramius @ Jan 21 2009, 07:46 PM) *
Matter of fact, yes (it's even my native language).

Do you visit game sites from Germany? wink.gif

We are waiting a little to release some news about the game, but was wondering if any of you found something already...

Also, what game sites do you read? we have a nice list, but is always good to expand our contacts.

+Quote Post
Samuel71
post Jan 21 2009, 08:11 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (David C @ Jan 21 2009, 06:07 PM) *
...what game sites do you read? we have a nice list, but is always good to expand our contacts.

FiringSquad! I'm a forums junkie there, it's my favourite website.

--------------------
+-----{Samuel71}-----+

+Quote Post
Ramius
post Jan 22 2009, 04:40 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 162

QUOTE (David C @ Jan 22 2009, 12:07 AM) *
Do you visit game sites from Germany? wink.gif

We are waiting a little to release some news about the game, but was wondering if any of you found something already...

Also, what game sites do you read? we have a nice list, but is always good to expand our contacts.

Not frequently, the (German) sites I visit are Gamestar and PC Games - I think they both pretty much divide the German PC gaming magazine market between them. On occasion I also visit 4players.de - can't say much about them...

I looked around for a bit and indeed:

PC Games on Zeno Clash - the most current news they feature for the game is the release of your recent gameplay HD trailer no mention of the IGF 2009
Gamestar on Zeno Clash - only a wee bit of an article back in 2007 about the plan to make this game on Source Engine
Gamestar mentions Zeno Clash in IGF Awards 2009 - but at least they showed this bit of news about the IGF 2009
4players on Zeno Clash - basically the same as with PC Games but also mentions you in the IGF 2009

I also found some bits here and there but the most coverage seems to be from PC Games and 4players.

As far as game sites in general, I visit IGN and gamespot on a semi-regular basis, some bits of news also from myExtralife (webcomic with podcast).

--------------------
.o( Steal five dollars and you are a petty thief steal thousands of dollars and you are either a government or a hero.)
--Moist von Lipwig (Going Postal - Terry Pratchett)

+Quote Post
Samuel71
post Jan 22 2009, 07:41 PM
Post #15

IGN PC has released two news articles today regarding Zeno Clash... just thought I'd mention that. smile.gif

--------------------
+-----{Samuel71}-----+

+Quote Post
tonjohn
post Jan 23 2009, 02:30 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (David C @ Jan 21 2009, 03:07 PM) *

I have asked for a list of sites from our region-specific community developers (DE, FR, IT, ES, PT).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Michael Hoss
post Jan 25 2009, 07:59 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 136

For those who want to have a german gaming site which has some news about Zeno Clash: eXp.de

There you can also find a preview (guess Ace Team will post it soon with other previews in a special thread or something).

+Quote Post
David C
post Jan 25 2009, 03:55 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (Michael Hoss @ Jan 25 2009, 08:59 AM) *
For those who want to have a german gaming site which has some news about Zeno Clash: eXp.de

There you can also find a preview (guess Ace Team will post it soon with other previews in a special thread or something).

shhh! We were waiting for a couple more previews to appear before we made a special thread! biggrin.gif

Yeah, we will make a thread linking to previews of the game when we have a critical mass of them (and at least one in english), seems that people in news sites have been a little busy

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: