Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> questions for devs
Lukadra
post Jun 20 2016, 11:11 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,824

Hi Ace team, I really like your games and I would like to ask you some questions.

So, first at all, congrats for your last game (the deadly tower of monsters). I really enjoyed it and I hope you'll do a sequel or something similar... maybe a horror or a fantasy movie.

One of my favorite games made by you is Abyss Odyssey and I decided to make an account on this forum to report a frustrating bug in it. So basically when i finish the game and decide to close it and then reopen it, I lose weapons, and sometimes other items. It kills replayability of this game, coz you lose the opportunity to collect and save your set builds. Now i know that the game is old and probably you are not going to correct this bug, but if you are planning to do a sequel for this game, please make sure to solve this problem. (version of game: steam windows. Not a hardware problem, i've tested it on different computers.)

P.S. sorry for any grammar mistakes, I'm not an english speaker.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dmitriy Gorbache...
post Jun 20 2016, 11:33 AM
Post #2

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 13,738

Hi Lukadra.

Do you lose items when you load the game in progress or when you start the new game? Items don't carry over to the new game by design, only gold does. You only lose items after you die.

--------------------
Community manager at ACE Team.

+Quote Post
Lukadra
post Jun 20 2016, 06:30 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,824

So i did some tests while playing, and i saw that some items may disapear when i close the game in the area between two levels.
Not all items disapears, potions and keys remain. Usually i lose weapons. Now, when i was testing, i lost "ring of greed".

Sorry i didn't realize thet items are lost if i finish the game and close, but i still lose them while closing the game during a run. So basically i have to play without stopping.

+Quote Post
Dmitriy Gorbache...
post Jun 21 2016, 04:00 AM
Post #4

The game saves only when you enter a new level. It seems to me like you've closed your game before that and lost items that you've gained on this level.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dmitriy Gorbache...
post Jun 21 2016, 04:10 PM
Post #5

Actually, I was wrong. You do keep your items after you beat the game. You only lose your items after you die. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 03:30 AM