Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Problems with Aiming, drift
Manchineel
post May 4 2014, 07:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,212

whenever i use a gun and i aim the camera will start to move in a direction i am not telling it to do. all i need to do to activate this is move my camera in a small circle while aiming. i have tried turning off/switching multiple settings but i have found that nothing helps. i have even uninstalled and still nothing works.

note: when i reverse vertical mouse movements the movement will also invert if vertical.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sere
post May 4 2014, 08:35 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 9,649

Do you by chance have a gamepad or other non essential input device plugged in? I can't tell you how many times kb/m movement and aiming suffered interference from a gamepad or joystick that was still plugged in but not in use. Even when stationary, an analogue stick from a gamepad will signal motion if not calibrated for the same game.

what make is your mouse and what drivers are you running with it? The problem was the same with or without acceleration enabled?

--------------------
-sere

+Quote Post
Manchineel
post May 5 2014, 09:14 AM
Post #3

i have no gamepad/controller plugged into my computer, just my mouse and a fan.

i use an A4tech X7 XL-760H Laser USB Gaming Mouse with drivers: Anti-Vibrate Oscar Editor Version: V12.08V17, downloaded from http://www.x7.cn/en/download.asp.

i have never used acceleration with my mouse.

+Quote Post
tschumann
post May 6 2014, 06:56 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 283

Does this happen in any other games?

+Quote Post
Manchineel
post May 6 2014, 09:10 AM
Post #5

No. i play dead space and WoT with no problems.

+Quote Post
sere
post May 6 2014, 10:57 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (Manchineel @ May 6 2014, 09:10 AM) *
No. i play dead space and WoT with no problems.

how about any other source engine games like portal or left 4 dead? your particular problem is something i have never come across and i suspect that it is not caused by the game but probably something else with your machine; most likely proceeding from your mouse.

is the anti-vibration a software measure or part of the physical design? a cursory google search did not present a page that could elaborate.

the last thing i can recommend is to try uninstalling the mouse driver and clean your registry. let windows automatically install its own generic or special input driver and then try the game again.

edit: reading user reviews for your mouse reveals that it suffers some problems uncommon among mice of the same tier. one user claimed that his screen began scrolling without the scroll wheel being used ohmy.gif

--------------------
-sere

+Quote Post
Manchineel
post May 6 2014, 02:33 PM
Post #7

Confirmed that it is my mouse. used my touch pad to play the game with mouse unplugged and it worked fine. i guess i will be buying more reliable mouse like a death-adder to fix. thanks for the help guys.

+Quote Post
sere
post May 6 2014, 06:12 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Manchineel @ May 6 2014, 02:33 PM) *
Confirmed that it is my mouse. used my touch pad to play the game with mouse unplugged and it worked fine. i guess i will be buying more reliable mouse like a death-adder to fix. thanks for the help guys.

i have owned a standard death adder now for about 5 years. at the time it was wise purchase for the price; the shape was comfortable and the mouse was overall very reliable through numerous extended quake sessions (quake 1, quake 3, quake wars.. yes, i still play quake). the only problem now, that only only recently surfaced, is razer's own requirements for mouse drivers. unless you stick to an outdated driver like i do, you will be required to have an online check-in to razer in order to use your mouse driver! they say it is necessary to have frequent check-ins in order to save a global input profile pfffft! not only that, in their eula, they admit to data mining non related information! if you do not have a taste for such behavior then steer clear of their new wacky software.

logitech may be the way to go but it all boils down to your research behind what kind of cool mouse you want biggrin.gif

edit: to be fair, i just checked the razer site for developments in their "cloud based settings storage" and they seemed to have changed or removed much of what made it so suspicous and unpopular when it first rolled out. have fun mouse shopping!

--------------------
-sere

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: