Post #1

Group: Developers
Member No.: 4

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Here is a new selection of Zeno Clash screenshots. This batch shows a couple of new environments and characters found throughout the game.

Here we have images of:

- Father-Mother feeding his / her babies.

- A view of an eerie river that cuts through the desertic plains where the mucalosaurus roam.

- A few scenes of combat in the city and in the outlands fighting Rath-birds.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*VeLeRoN*
post Nov 19 2008, 12:27 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18

Wow, looks fantastic, all of them, and that starry night ohmy.gif

Where is the god damn pre-purchase button!?! angry.gif

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Nov 19 2008, 12:37 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (*VeLeRoN* @ Nov 19 2008, 01:27 PM) *
Where is the god damn pre-purchase button!?! angry.gif

Ha, ha, ha... too soon ...not yet wink.gif

+Quote Post
Foulek
post Nov 20 2008, 04:38 PM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 19

I'm just looking the musca with the....river, question: we'll play in a night part?

morning, afternoon, evening and night , the story comport them?

what about the rain.

+Quote Post
Hayk
post Nov 20 2008, 10:05 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 101

In my opinion the water normal refraction doesn't suit the art style very well..maybe make it feel a bit more painted like how TF2 has it's water.

But loving it!

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Nov 20 2008, 10:56 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Foulek @ Nov 20 2008, 05:38 PM) *
I'm just looking the musca with the....river, question: we'll play in a night part?

morning, afternoon, evening and night , the story comport them?

what about the rain.

Yes, we have levels that are at night, others in plain daylight, sunsets, mornings... etc. We really want the player to experience new levels with different color themes and visual styles so that the game remains visually compelling throughout the whole adventure.

The story is tied with all the environments of the game and darker levels may be more scary oriented while intensely colored maps are more about dramatic impact.

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Nov 20 2008, 11:07 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Hayk @ Nov 20 2008, 11:05 PM) *
In my opinion the water normal refraction doesn't suit the art style very well..maybe make it feel a bit more painted like how TF2 has it's water.

But loving it!

I don't remember the water of TF2 (and I'm too lazy to go look for it). Got any link where I can see? (Or at least the name of the map tongue.gif).

I thought you were going to complain that the mountains were not reflecting...

I'll tell you why: They're VAMPIRE mountains! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Hayk
post Nov 21 2008, 04:19 PM
Post #8

Best pic I could find, basically they redid it to look like it was painted. Also didn't notice that..although they're in the 3d skybox right? Because they can't reflect what's in thar...

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Nov 21 2008, 05:16 PM
Post #9

Yeah... they're in the 3D-SkyBox... rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Hayk
post Nov 21 2008, 05:23 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Carlos Bordeu @ Nov 21 2008, 04:16 PM) *
Yeah... they're in the 3D-SkyBox... rolleyes.gif

Roll Eye emoticon makes babies cry.. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Samuel71
post Nov 23 2008, 01:32 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 126

That Father-Mother picture makes me want to watch The Dark Crystal again... I haven't seen it since I was very young and just have a vague recollection of it, but for some reason Father-Mother reminds me of the movie.

--------------------
+-----{Samuel71}-----+

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Nov 23 2008, 01:41 AM
Post #12

Father-Mother is a very important character and one of the most interesting of ZC's universe.

If you have a chance see The Dark Crystal again... it's timeless and one of my all time favorite movies. They're doing a sequel, but I doubt they'll be able to match or surpass the original. I wonder if they will still use puppets...

+Quote Post
Spore
post Dec 5 2008, 07:37 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 33

The character models' designs are incredible. Same with the environments. Everything has an awesome organic feeling. There is one thing that has been bothering me about every screen released so far though that I've seen. That would be the character icon in the upper left corner. Seeing it have invisible borders of sorts cuts the image off very sharply. It is kind of a sharp, floating square that always pulls my eye towards it whenever I'm trying to observe the great scenery. It is just something I noticed though, I'm not sure if it was ever an issue with others.

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Dec 7 2008, 01:16 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (Spore @ Dec 5 2008, 08:37 PM) *
Seeing it have invisible borders of sorts cuts the image off very sharply. It is kind of a sharp, floating square that always pulls my eye towards it whenever I'm trying to observe the great scenery.

I looked at the images and I see what you're saying. Yeah... you're right. It didn't notice it but I agree with what you say. I'll check it out with Edmnudo during the week.

+Quote Post
Hayk
post Dec 8 2008, 05:23 PM
Post #15

You should replace the face image with just an orb continuing the health. It kinda doesn't fit with the minimal hud feel.

+Quote Post
Sr. Dela
post Jan 10 2009, 03:26 PM
Post #16

Group: Validating
Member No.: 150

QUOTE (Carlos Bordeu @ Nov 20 2008, 09:56 PM) *
Yes, we have levels that are at night, others in plain daylight, sunsets, mornings... etc. We really want the player to experience new levels with different color themes and visual styles so that the game remains visually compelling throughout the whole adventure.

The story is tied with all the environments of the game and darker levels may be more scary oriented while intensely colored maps are more about dramatic impact.

Thank you. I'm so tired of these disgusting brown and green games nowadays where' you control what looks like a shiny high poly pile of shit with a gun. Maybe that's what attracted me to this game so much.

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Jan 10 2009, 04:49 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (Sr. Dela @ Jan 10 2009, 04:26 PM) *
Thank you. I'm so tired of these disgusting brown and green games nowadays where' you control what looks like a shiny high poly pile of shit with a gun. Maybe that's what attracted me to this game so much.

Haha... well... I wouldn't be so drastic... I'm as much of a sucker for photorealistic games as anyone out there. I drool over the screenshots of Crysis, Call of Duty and Killzone, etc... but I don't enjoy their graphics half as much as I enjoyed the art of American McGee's Alice. That is one of the only games I have ever re-installed and played over again... and I did it just to be able to look at it again (even though technically its a very old game these days).

The art of that game is ever-lasting. Its art doesn't age like the graphics of these photo-realistic titles age with time. Because in a couple of years someone will do a better rendering of a jungle or war torn city or a brown rocky valley. But Alice and many other titles like the Oddworld series will always have wonderful art that remains indifferent to time. The graphics of those games stick in your mind and you remember them because of their unique art... not because of how high poly or realistic they were.

The whole graphics thing has evolved in quite a curious way. It seems that as games get better graphics, the less color & variety they have... which sounds quite absurd.

I can understand the problem of adding variety to graphics these days... since producing high quality art is VERY expensive. So producing lots of different stuff can be quite challenging.

But the lack of colors in so many titles is almost a crime. Games had always been all very colorful with exciting themes when they were 2D. I know a lot of genres benefit from the gritty desaturated look. But it seems to me that this is something like a trend that seems to have creeped into the industry for far too long.

+Quote Post
Sr. Dela
post Jan 10 2009, 06:28 PM
Post #18

Group: Validating
Member No.: 150

Real can be good. I LOVE how GTA IV looks. But when you have things like Gears of War then the lack of color is utterly useless and frankly, lazy.

+Quote Post
Samuel71
post Jan 10 2009, 06:59 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 126

I like colours, too, and I have to mention Crysis as a very realistic looking game that also has some very nice colourful parts.

--------------------
+-----{Samuel71}-----+

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Jan 10 2009, 07:38 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (Sr. Dela @ Jan 10 2009, 07:28 PM) *
Real can be good.

I didn't mean to imply real isn't good... What I want to say is that too many games are taking a similar style of art direction.

Real is great if it goes with the theme of the game!

QUOTE (Samuel71 @ Jan 10 2009, 07:59 PM) *
I like colours, too, and I have to mention Crysis as a very realistic looking game that also has some very nice colourful parts.

Yeah... the first Far Cry was refreshing because of the jungle / beach bright & colorful environments. Crysis looks amazing, though I only saw the beginning (I haven't seen the part of the frozen Jungle).

Of the realistic looking titles I must say what has impressed me the most recently was Stalker: Clear Sky. The volumetric light of the sun is just too beautiful. And Stalker has so much style and mood. Unfortunately my PC is too weak for the game and I've decided to postpone playing it until I upgrade. So buy a lot of copies of ZC so I can get a shiny new PC... haha laugh.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: