//

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Yes, the game has been delayed 1 week, BUT..., (New PC release date)
Andres Bordeu
post Aug 25 2011, 04:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Developers
Member No.: 3

Edit by Carlos: To avoid confusion this post is specifically about the PC version delay.

--------------------------------------

As a little compensation for the delay, ACE Team is giving away some exclusive extra goodies for the PC version for FREE.

1) The complete Original Soundtrack of the game will be included with the download. This isn't just the same music files of the game, it is a remastered and rearranged version of the themes, just like what we did with the Zeno Clash OST.

...and even better...

2) An awesome unlockable New Boulder exclusive for the PC. We listened to the community: It is a troll face boulder. cool.gif

Sorry for the delay guys (especially to those who pre-purchased). We honestly wanted to get it on time, but this is our first multi-platform release & our first Unreal Engine game. This has nothing to do with timed exclusives, it is just about a small team with a lot of work. We want to make sure everyone gets a solid build of Rock of Ages on September 7.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Oook
post Aug 26 2011, 06:03 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,870

I prepurchased RoA just two days ago, it's a shame... but the Trollface rock is GREAT!
A delay is a worth price for smashing people with a troll boulder biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
tschumann
post Aug 27 2011, 06:37 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 283

Pebble of Time wasn't delayed.

edit: Out of curiosity, are the console versions delayed too?

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Aug 27 2011, 10:20 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (tschumann @ Aug 27 2011, 07:37 AM) *
Pebble of Time wasn't delayed.

dry.gif

QUOTE (tschumann @ Aug 27 2011, 07:37 AM) *
edit: Out of curiosity, are the console versions delayed too?

The XBLA version is on time (August 31st). The PSN version is delayed, but we don't have a fixed date for it yet.

+Quote Post
BJas
post Aug 31 2011, 12:57 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 6,616

QUOTE (Carlos Bordeu @ Aug 27 2011, 11:20 AM) *
dry.gif

The XBLA version is on time (August 31st). The PSN version is delayed, but we don't have a fixed date for it yet.

And the PSN community will have some sort of compensation? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Generic
post Sep 1 2011, 02:09 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 10,974

Too bad, I'd pre ordered and had today marked on my calender so I could enjoy it ASAP. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait smile.gif

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Sep 1 2011, 11:48 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (BJas @ Aug 31 2011, 01:57 PM) *
And the PSN community will have some sort of compensation? wink.gif

We'll try to have something for you guys too.

+Quote Post
COSMONECRO
post Sep 1 2011, 11:48 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 10,981

Well this sucks. I was looking forward to the supposed release date of "end of summer" which I thought was going to be August 31st but low and behold, I can't download it from the PS store. Thoroughly sad and disappointed. What's the hold up guys? Issues with PS3's interface or is it a matter of XBOX time exclusivity. I've been really hyped and waiting for this game. Better that I didn't now when it was coming out as opposed to hearing a certain time frame it would be available. So, I'm sorry to be a jerk but is there a rough time estimate? Ughhh. This is lame.

angry.gif dry.gif

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Sep 2 2011, 08:25 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 3

There was no Microsoft exclusivity. The only truth behind the delay is that we're a small studio making our first multiplatform release and it's the first time we are using Unreal Engine 3 and it's our first PS3 game. We're working as fast as we can, but we don't have a specific release date yet.

The bright side of all this is that we've overcome a huge learning curve thanks to this project, so we expect that future title releases will be swifter.

+Quote Post
COSMONECRO
post Sep 2 2011, 06:40 PM
Post #10

Ahh. I see. So... we're probably not looking at release date of even next week then. sleep.gif Probably next month errr........... Now I'm more depressed. It's not your fault. I realize you guys are working your butts off to get it finalized. Damn, this isn't the first time I've seen this happen with difficulties in making games for the PS3. Please still bring it out. Don't toss in the towel or I will hang myself. How's that for motivation. Lol. Jk.

dry.gif huh.gif mellow.gif

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Sep 2 2011, 06:43 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (COSMONECRO @ Sep 2 2011, 07:40 PM) *
Please still bring it out.

There's zero chance we wont release it on PS3, so don't worry. You will survive... wink.gif

+Quote Post
COSMONECRO
post Sep 2 2011, 06:54 PM
Post #12

Ha. Thanks for being cool and following up with me in a prompt amount of time and not being flaky like some of these gigantic corporate entities where you never have a chance to talk to anyone about the game. I'm sure you guys are probably (if you haven't already) going to receive some kind of awards for independent developers. This game just looks really innovative and I'm so excited about the multiplayer. I would've already bought it if I owned a XBOX 360 or a PC but as my luck would have it, not the case. I'm unemployed right now surviving by the skin on my teeth with unemployment checks. Yep, I live a charmed life. Anyways, do you guys have a facebook page where I could add you for updates, not to mention good exposure for you as well. Again, thanks and take care! wink.gif Oh, and don't worry. I won't hang myself. However, I will club this baby seal if you don't hurry up! JK!

Eric Duderstadt

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Sep 2 2011, 10:05 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (COSMONECRO @ Sep 2 2011, 07:54 PM) *
Anyways, do you guys have a facebook page where I could add you for updates, not to mention good exposure for you as well.

http://www.facebook.com/theACETeam

cool.gif

+Quote Post
COSMONECRO
post Sep 2 2011, 11:15 PM
Post #14

Cool thanks. Welp, I'm very much looking forward to this game and I anticipate becoming addicted. It'll be interesting to see what kind of innovative games you guys come out with in the future. Keep it progressive and again thanks!

Eric

+Quote Post
deloctyte
post Sep 7 2011, 07:31 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 628

Hello there, September 7th... Oh boy, I'll be checking my Steam every minute and no mistake! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Random scribbler and dubious madman.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 04:36 PM