//

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A request from a student regarding use of your game/engine, Just an interactive media student asking for permission
Byakko
post Feb 18 2012, 06:14 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,810

Hello ACE team! I sent you an email several days ago via your 'Contact Us' email address. I thought that I should place a post here in case my email was sorted into Junk or was just missed. I'm sorry if I seem pushy sad.gif

I'm a Singaporean student at the Nanyang Technological University, studying Interactive Media as my major at the School of Arts, Design and Media. This is the year of my Final Year Project, and my scope was to use the Microsoft Kinect to make it into a functional control scheme for a game. I've settled for a first-person brawler style due to the limitations of the Kinect, and remembered that it fitted Zeno Clash's gameplay very well (when I started my project, I had not settled on actually using an existing game but instead was going to try to make a demo using the Unity engine).

Long story short, I found out that you guys had released the SDK for it, so I've been fiddling with combining Kinect controls and mocap with Zeno Clash's models.

I do not have a project team, so with my workload, it's impossible for me to make that all original game I was hoping for. Because Zeno Clash is exactly the kind of style of gameplay that the Kinect can handle, I feel that it would work exceptionally well as my demonstration.

Hence, I'm formally requesting whether I may use Zeno Clash in my FYP. It's not for commercial use but it will be put up for demonstration to an audience. I would also be more than glad to send you my completed Kinect implementation after it's done.

I've sent you my personal particulars in my previous email. It's from the same address as I've registered on the forums.

I hope to hear from you soon, and I want to say that you guys inspired me to get into this industry, and it would really be an honor if you accept my request. If you would rather nor, I understand, but I would need a reply as soon as possible so that I may shift to using another engine/solution.

Again, thanks for any replies given, and I hope to hear from you soon!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Feb 20 2012, 10:00 AM
Post #2

Group: Developers
Member No.: 3

Hi Byakko,

Sorry if we missed your e-mail. A lot of stuff moves through contact. Please send me a PM to follow up, but I see no problems in you using the game and mod tools to develop your prototype. Just keep in mind that we ceased working with the Source Engine quite a while ago, so if you have any technical issues and you need assistance we probably won't have time to assist and also because of our heavy workload. But if you manage to produce a cool demo with Kinect we'd be happy to support it through the forums and maybe even an official blog post. Again, PM me and we can follow up.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 05:51 AM