> Unlimited Mode, A multiplayer mod
MrOut
post Apr 7 2012, 05:49 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,782

Hello ACE Team,

First, i would thanks your team for this great game. I
really love it. The story and the humor are awesome, and I hope that you planned to make a Rock of Ages N°2.
I already read a topic name "Map Editor" in "Steam forum" where I learnt that there is no map editor of planned.
I understand the technical issue. But i have an other idea for improve the multiplayer mod.
So, this is my suggestion:
Could you create an "Unlimited Mod" in multiplayer, with Infinite Cash, no objects limitation(cow, TNT, tower, etc) and no restriction to build objects( be able to build anywhere)?
I thinks it's could be very fun to play with my friends in this potential mod.
Thanks a lot. Continue like that!

Regards wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Apr 9 2012, 07:37 AM
Post #2

Group: Developers
Member No.: 3

Hi Mr Out. Thanks for the comments. Although the specific game configuration you describe is not planned for future releases we do have new content under development that expands upon the existing game modes. We'll be posting more information near the release, so stay tuned.

+Quote Post
BugMeNot
post May 8 2012, 11:11 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 11,990

It's time to add content to this game, it is dying... (in fact, it is already dead)

You should add fun multiplayer modes, 2vs2, unlimited, etc...
If you're not able to add content, please let the UDK community do your job

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post May 8 2012, 12:33 PM
Post #4

The game is far from dead with an nearby PS3 release and important PC updates in the horizon. We also have other plans, but we're just a small studio, so sorry that we can't update as regularly as you'd like.

Adding modding tools would be awesome, but it's something that would involve a huge amount of work for us.

All I can say is that we're we're happy with all the updates we've released. I think we've done a good job supporting this title.

+Quote Post
BugMeNot
post Jul 3 2012, 01:58 PM
Post #5

important PC updates in the horizon

Rock of Ages 1.09 Update Released

Are you kidding ? I hope that's not the release you were talking about.

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Jul 3 2012, 02:36 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (BugMeNot @ Jul 3 2012, 01:58 PM) *
Are you kidding ? I hope that's not the release you were talking about.

Are you kidding? A complete new game mode and you're still not happy...

We're on the ninth free update... blink.gif

+Quote Post
BugMeNot
post Jul 3 2012, 05:17 PM
Post #7

free update ?

Not really, this has been developed for PS3, it has been funded by the PS3 purchases.
Yet, that's not really what's making me angry.

We have been waiting a so long time for a huge update, and that's what we have...
Understand our disappointment.

I have some UDK knowledge and I'm willing to customize this game, it would be wonderful.

So yes, I'm not really happy...

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Jul 3 2012, 06:00 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (BugMeNot @ Jul 3 2012, 05:17 PM) *
free update ?

Not really, this has been developed for PS3, it has been funded by the PS3 purchases.

The new mode was created with both systems in mind - not only the PS3. We launched first on PS3 because of how late that version came out compared to the others.

I think expecting the same level of updates that major games have, for a $10 title (that has been sold in numerous promotions for only $5), is unrealistic. We've supported the game way beyond what most regular developers do. Many people over at the Steam forums are thanking us for supporting the game after so much time since the release.

Obviously, there is more things that could be done, but we also have other projects to work on which require our entire studio at the moment.

+Quote Post
MrOut
post Jul 4 2012, 03:58 AM
Post #9

Hello AceTeam,

I would delayed the topic and explain what some gamers, like me and apparently BugMeNot wants for the multiplayer game.
In first, we try the race mode. It's fun, but repetitive. But some ideas like the option are good. And it's cool to play a fresh new mod.
In the name of the players, I thank you, what may come, for the contribution of these additional, free contents besides.
However, a mode guarding the spirit of the gameplay of departure, namely a mix between a tower defense and a race game would be completed with the possibility of being able to build matter or.
What misses in the chase mode, it's the side strategy, that makes nevertheless all the wealth of the original game.
All that we want, it's an improve of this strategy.
Thanks for your games AceTeam, and take the critics of the good side
wink.gif

Regards,

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Jul 4 2012, 09:14 AM
Post #10

Hi Mr Out,

Thanks for the feedback. We always consider all constructive criticism to be positive, so I welcome your thoughts. It's true that in the existing design there are a lot of areas that could be improved upon and would add a lot of value to the game. We would have loved to add additional modes such as 2v2 with improved matchmaking, editing tools, extra levels, etc, etc. But the truth is that there's only so much a small studio can do to support a game that was released over 10 months ago.

At this point most of our team has moved on to new developments. This doesn't mean we won't be adding more content in the future, but major structural changes are unlikely.

We think we've done a fine job supporting this title over the last months, so we're happy how it's shaped up. There is a lot of people who are happy with the amount of free content we've delivered. We always wish it could be more, but the reality is that we're limited to our size and capacity. I hope you guys can understand this, and again; all feedback is welcome. We'll definitely be considering everything that got left out for future titles.

+Quote Post
MrOut
post Jul 4 2012, 10:53 AM
Post #11

Thanks for your fast response.
I'm a developer too, not of video game, but I understand your situation: lot of works, small team, etc..
If you could make just one more mode for the multiplayer, I suggest, again, my idea of an unlimited mode, un which we could build everywhere wink.gif

On the other hand, do planned you to realize a second opus of Rock of Ages?

Regards,

+Quote Post
BugMeNot
post Jul 4 2012, 11:09 AM
Post #12

I agree that I've been quite aggressive in my disappointment, and feel that I've been misunderstood.

This game has so much potential and I thank you for keeping it up to date.
But please, don't announce huge updates when a few developers are working on the game.
Don't let your players expect what they won't have.

You kept this update so secret, we thought that it was something more than just porting the PS3 new mode to PC platform.
April fool would have been funny if it was followed by a major update...

Nevermind, now I know that we won't have what we were expecting for.
My last hope is that you'll open the source code (when purchases will seriously slow down)

+Quote Post
defcon
post Jul 4 2012, 05:07 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 11,558

I am very happy with update 1.09 and there are many online games to find at the moment because of the Midweek-Sale and the new obstacle course.

Sure, RoA has A LOT of more potential, but I never got so much fun for only 8 Euro. Apart from some multiplayer lags, the game is very great and all the free updates are remarkably.

Maybe there is a RoA 2 someday...

+Quote Post
Carlos Bordeu
post Jul 4 2012, 08:13 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 4

I think we could have done better with the multiplayer component, and that the game had way more competitive potential... but I suppose doing our first MP game at the same time as doing three SKUs was just more than we expected.

So maybe we'll have a ROA2 some day... there aren't any plans now because we're obviously so involved with Zeno Clash 2 at the moment. But if we do a sequel, what everyone has said at ACE: 'we have to do a much better job on the multiplayer'.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 03:39 AM