> Play the Malstrum Mansion game
JuanBriones
post Apr 1 2009, 02:45 PM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Developers
Member No.: 1

Play it now: http://www.aceteam.cl/retro

"Something sinister happens every night in a cursed mansion in Vienna. Some years have passed since the second plague epidemic, and you are the only descendant of the Malstrums family who will dare enter the mansion, and discover what happened in that haunted place."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Barzl_*
post Apr 2 2009, 08:19 AM
Post #2

Guests

QUOTE (JuanBriones @ Apr 1 2009, 02:45 PM) *
Play it now: http://www.aceteam.cl/retro

"Something sinister happens every night in a cursed mansion in Vienna. Some years have passed since the second plague epidemic, and you are the only descendant of the Malstrums family who will dare enter the mansion, and discover what happened in that haunted place."

This game is awsome. Please continue your "vacation" and make more such masterpieces.

+Quote Post
Guest_Gigi_*
post Apr 3 2009, 10:21 AM
Post #3

Guests

I know these graphics! My parents played a similar game that absolutely terrified me back in '89 (when I was six) It was a haunted mansion, with murder, three-headed dogs and a big laughing skull. Wow.

From one developer to another Love Love Love the style guys, nothing quite like hypercard style dither graphics. (-: I'd be thrilled if you made even more.

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Apr 3 2009, 12:35 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Gigi @ Apr 3 2009, 10:21 AM) *
I know these graphics! My parents played a similar game that absolutely terrified me back in '89 (when I was six) It was a haunted mansion, with murder, three-headed dogs and a big laughing skull. Wow.

That's Shadowgate (I think)!!! This game was inspired by Shadowgate. I also played it when I was a kid (on our Mac Plus).

+Quote Post
viscountalpha
post Apr 14 2009, 08:44 AM
Post #5

Group: Members
Member No.: 352

QUOTE (Andres Bordeu @ Apr 3 2009, 12:35 PM) *
That's Shadowgate (I think)!!! This game was inspired by Shadowgate. I also played it when I was a kid (on our Mac Plus).

I loved the NES music for shadowgate. It felt very chip-tune'ish now but, it still creeps me out unlike any other game out there. Just something about it *shrug* Yep, Shadowgate was HARD too without a guide.

+Quote Post
Guest_Chris_*
post Jul 31 2009, 12:55 AM
Post #6

Guests

QUOTE (viscountalpha @ Apr 14 2009, 08:44 AM) *
I loved the NES music for shadowgate. It felt very chip-tune'ish now but, it still creeps me out unlike any other game out there. Just something about it *shrug* Yep, Shadowgate was HARD too without a guide.
WAHT I dug up the bones and the dog own3ed me im sad and was that teh game l tell me how to finish the game biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
sere
post Sep 7 2011, 07:28 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 9,649

Finally completed the game!
Began around 5:30 AM and figured it out by 7:30 AM but with a few drinking breaks here and there.

--------------------
-sere

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Sep 7 2011, 08:20 AM
Post #8

Congratulations!!! Just curious: What was the hardest part to resolve? Where did you get stuck the longest?

+Quote Post
sere
post Sep 7 2011, 06:31 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Andres Bordeu @ Sep 7 2011, 08:20 AM) *
Congratulations!!! Just curious: What was the hardest part to resolve? Where did you get stuck the longest?

in this playthrough i spent a good bit of time trying to find a meaningful use for the elixir and a good reason for drinking from the blood vial. that room where you climb the ladder to enter had me sitting and thinking but that was also due to the point in the story. combining playthroughs i would have to say blowing myself up with the barrel was the first real hurdle and then i died several times poking and prodding in the graveyard past the fragile skull knocker.

--------------------
-sere

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post Sep 7 2011, 09:48 PM
Post #10

Well, I guess that for a game designed by kids it has its tangled parts smile.gif

+Quote Post
sere
post May 19 2014, 04:14 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (Andres Bordeu @ Sep 7 2011, 09:48 PM) *
Well, I guess that for a game designed by kids it has its tangled parts smile.gif

necro: the result of clicking that old link is just another form of death reaching out from The Malstrums Mansion towards the uncommitted player in the forums. those kids seemed to be tangling the game with voodoo curses because that link is dead! tongue.gif

--------------------
-sere

+Quote Post
Andres Bordeu
post May 20 2014, 09:53 AM
Post #12

QUOTE (sere @ May 19 2014, 04:14 PM) *
necro: the result of clicking that old link is just another form of death reaching out from The Malstrums Mansion towards the uncommitted player in the forums. those kids seemed to be tangling the game with voodoo curses because that link is dead! tongue.gif

Dam! Nobody noticed the link was broken. Thanks for pointing this out. We'll have to see what's going on.

Update: Nope, it's still only the blog that's with problems. I thought for a moment that the game was also down. Yeah, we've been aware of it for a while, just haven't had any time to fix it. We'll get into it as soon as we have some time to spare.

Update 2: Fixed!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 07:15 PM