Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [Bug] Black Splotches cover every map
ACE Team Board > Rock of Ages II: Bigger & Boulder > Rock of Ages II: Bigger & Boulder
Poole
I just recently bought the game, and it seems that every single map has a strange graphical glitch where black splotches replace the textures of each map. They don't seem to be caused by anything specific; I changed around every graphics setting, including shadows, and nothing changed it. The splotches don't even cover the whole texture, just parts.

Here's a screenshot, in the Garden of Eden:

Click to view attachment

As far as I've seen from other people who've played it, the game is actually one of the most beautiful and interesting-looking I've ever seen (see Impressionist levels) so I want to experience that without this weird glitch. Not to mention that it may be lagging the game as well, but I'm not sure...
tschumann
Not sure - could be your graphics cards? Are the drivers properly installed and up to date?
Carlos Bordeu
Wow. Never saw this bug before. Can you post your system specs?
Poole
QUOTE (Carlos Bordeu @ Sep 20 2017, 09:50 AM) *
Wow. Never saw this bug before. Can you post your system specs?

Processor: Intel core i7-4510U CPU, 2.00 GHz 2.60 GHz
7.89 GB of RAM, 64 bit system...

Not really sure which would be most helpful/relevant for the problem
Poole
QUOTE (tschumann @ Sep 20 2017, 07:13 AM) *
Not sure - could be your graphics cards? Are the drivers properly installed and up to date?

I guess that could be the problem... I don't think I've changed anything major in my computer, but I've definitely had it for over a few years, so maybe it just needs some changes.

This doesn't happen in any other games, so I'm not sure what exactly makes Rock of Ages different.
tschumann
What is your graphics card?
Chemical Bacon
Im having the same problem... no solutions yet dry.gif
tschumann
What is your graphics card?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.