Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reference pieces to the soundtrack?
ACE Team Board > Rock of Ages II: Bigger & Boulder > Rock of Ages II: Bigger & Boulder
reigning_champ
I'm a fan of Rock of Ages, and especially the soundtrack of it. Mainly because I can recognize portions of them, but can't seem to recall any specific piece. Can anyone identify some of the pieces the composer referenced when composing the score? I wish they did something like Aviary Attorney, where the back of the booklet had an entire list of all soundtracks including the ones the composer used as reference.
PetzI
The song from the Joan of Arc stage has the tune of Greensleeves in it smile.gif That's the only one I recall catching
Carlos Bordeu
In this Youtube playlist of the official Soundtrack people identify the reference pieces in the comments (I think for all the tracks).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ7cnmtuKgw...f6t5bpU533jBPkt
AGSMA
From what I recognize without looking at the comments:

04. Grassy Battlefield: The Barber of Seville (Rossini);
05. Rocks of Scottland: The Funeral March of a Marionette;
07. Impressionist Fields: Can-Can;
08. Meanwhile in France: Greensleeves;
09. Thinker's Arena: Dance of the Knights (Segei Prokofiev);
11. Macabre Sunset: Danse Macabre (Camille Saint-Saens);
13. Tower of Eden: that famous valse which I always forget its name;
14. Of Chicken Legs and Wolves: Peter and the Wolf (also by Prokofiev);
15. At World's End: Dies Irae (Verdi, not to be confused with Mozart's Dies Irae which is used in the first Rock of Ages);
16. Water Slides in the Heavens: Amadeus (Mozart);
18. Vesuvius' Temper: Ride of the Valkyries (Richard Wagner);
20. Great Pyramid of the Ages: Flight of the Bumblebee (Rimsky Korsakov);
21. Sphynx Sphinx: The Sabre Dance (Aram Khachaturian);
22. Holy Foosball: O Fortuna;

I'm genuinely surprised with the amount of classical pieces that are referenced in the sequel, whereas RoA1's soundtrack are for the most part original compositions.
Andres Bordeu
QUOTE (AGSMA @ Dec 31 2017, 03:30 PM) *
I'm genuinely surprised with the amount of classical pieces that are referenced in the sequel, whereas RoA1's soundtrack are for the most part original compositions.

I'd say that in RoA1 we had has less classical referenced pieces, but still the majority of the tracks had some hidden classic theme (more than half I think -- I could be wrong though). But in RoA2 we wanted most of the themes to have a little music "cameo", so there are very few pieces that are completely original composition. And looks like you got most of the ones that are not. Nice!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.